Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: No more sewing room ----

Congratulations too. There is always a way to make room for sewing. Just a small corner or something. I know you won't mind when the new baby arrives. You got to get busy making new baby things, wow!

congratulations-----do not get the big tubs too heavy when packed with fabric--medium size much easier to handel

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Congratulations. Babies are GOD'S blessing. BrendaK
    Be kind to yourself, by being kind to others. When you help others you help yourself.

Congratulations to you!

Wonderful!!! Congratulations!!!!!!

Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    How lovely for you! I am very fond of pregnant moms and wee little ones.

Jan in VA
    Jan in VA
    Living in the foothills
    peacefully colors my world.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...bums19552.html

Blog Entries
    When my first one came along I found I could not sew anyplace he was likely to get into things. Sewing stuff is pretty dangerous for little ones.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    good mothers let you lick the beaters - great mothers turn it off first

Congratulations!! When is your precious little one due?

Congratulations on the coming baby! Could you possibly store plastic tubs under the crib?
    Cindy

Curator of an 1889 Singer model 27 Fiddlebase Treadle, a 1951 Singer Centennial Featherweight, a 1956 Singer 401A, and a 1982 Bernina 830 Record.

Congratulations!! What a wonderful reason to give up a sewing room...and honestly you will have it back much quicker than you think. Before you know it that little bundle of joy will be growing up so fast, and you will wonder where all the time went. So..enjoy your baby and enjoy each moment for they are too quickly grown and gone.
    Amythyst

Blog Entries
    Congratulations, Elizajane! A great reason to give up a sewing room! But before you put it all away, be sure to whip up some darling things for baby!
    Krystyna
    Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Blog Entries
    Congratulation.

Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!
    Congratulations !!!
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

Congratulations!!
    This too shall pass.
    Janie

CONGRATS on the new baby!
    Grandma of 5 beautiful grand kids, 4 crazy cats & 1 dog!

Congratulations on the news. So exciting, but just think after 18 years of great joy, then graduation from high school, and off to college, then guess what you might get a your sewing room back. But it is all worth it.

Oh I am so happy for you and your hubby... what ideas do you have for the new one?? Is this your first one? Are you going to make some diaper bags, sheets and quilts for the new one?? Do you know yet the sex of the baby?? Do you want to know??!!
    congrats!!
    and hugs
    Quiltinmama

Awww. congrats. Make sure you have that special "little quilt" done before you start working on the nursery.

in front of this dang computer instead of my Bernina!(Naples, Florida)
    I can't think of a better reason to sacrifice a sewing room! Congratulations!!! Although, with baby on the way, you'll want to sew even more, and there are endless things to sew for small children, especially girls. It's a vicious circle, but you'll find a way! I hope you'll show us a picture of your Special addition when he/she arrives. Be well~
    aka Chicken McLittle

If it's true we learn from our mistakes, I'm going to be a genius!

Congratulations!!Don't fret about the sewing space. Many (and I mean many) moons ago when I was in my baby years (there were three very close together). I first was in the utility room then was sqeezed out by a new chest type freezer. Then I set up in our bedroom on a card table. Remarkably the babies slept through the whirrrrr of the sewing machine. Now I'm sewing in the room that was once the girls' room and it is so cluttered with stuff that I do my machine quilting on the dining table. You can sew anywhere, as long as the "mess" doesn't bother you. Just keep the sharp things, tiny things like bobbins, hidden from the baby. You'll be fine. Remember to enjoy those years, because before you know it you'll have lots of room to quilt and that baby will be all grown up. Enjoy!!!
    One step at a time, always forward.

Quote Originally Posted by ejpkam View Post
    But for a great reason... I just found out I'm expecting!!!!! I'm thinking of a little corner in the living room to sew & put everything in the heavy duty plastic tubs in the garage till I need it. But I have some great nursery ideas
    Congratulations on your pregnancy. That s exciting news. I sent you are in Missouri where it can get very humid. You may want to rethink the garage storage. It would be a shame to have everything go bad due to heat & humidity. I know a person that had this same problem & solved it by putting all her sewing/scrapbooking items in plastic totes and stacking them in a corner of her guest bedroom. She then put up a portable room divider to use the totes. (The dividers that are two pieces about 5 feet tall and have a hinge to fasten them to each other.) She made a picture collage on the sides that you could see so it looked like it was part of the decor. Another friend only had 2 bedrooms so she did the same thing in her baby's room.
    Good luck in what you decide to do & be sure to sew and sew for that new baby & it's room. Post pictures.
    Alma
    Nami to 6

Congratulations to you! Until the baby is born, sew, sew, sew!

Baby is way nicer than a sewing room for you. Congratulations! You will fine a place to sew. I is better to be out in the living area with the baby when you sew anyway. It will be good all around!!!!
    Suzanne
    Asking a seamstress to mend is like asking Picasso to paint your garage.

Congratulations, there is not a better feeling to me than to have a little one asleep in my arms. I had 4 little ones, one of which was very handy with tools at a very young age. He walked past my sewing machine one day and said "look at all the screws". This was after he took his tricycle apart and the cobblers bench that had been used as a toy box. Needless to say I hid my sewing machine until he was gone to school! Today is happily married and has 3 very busy little boys that can take things apart at his house.

Congratulations!!! now you can sew baby quilts!!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast