Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Nominate this season's worse tv commercial >

Nominate this season's worse tv commercial

Nominate this season's worse tv commercial

Old 12-09-2013, 12:19 PM

I don't know, the boxer one makes me snicker and giggle. I just can't take commercials too seriously. Then again, I openly admit to listening to Rammstein and attending their concerts on any given chance, so things being too vulgar to me have to get pretty extreme.
Old 12-09-2013, 01:10 PM
Power Poster

If something is funny I laugh. The boxer short guys are funny! My favorite commercials right now are the Sprint ones with James Earl Jones and Malcomb McDowell. I laugh every time I see them. These legends of tv and film showing how really stupid social media has become. Very few of the younger generation understand the commercials. LOL.
Old 12-09-2013, 01:38 PM

The Best Buy commercial that has a guy reading the poem "The Night Before Christmas" but instead of saying and "all through the house" he says "all through the hood". I'm sorry but I don't live in a HOOD and I find it offensive.
Old 12-09-2013, 02:06 PM
Power Poster

I really miss the Mens' Warehouse "You're gonna like the way you look" ads.

The Duluth Trading Company ads are hilarious and if you go to the web site you can see them all. Part of the mission statement of the company includes Humor as an important part of their company. I like that!

Another cool ad is "My baby" where a gigantic baby represents a beloved car. I think it is for insurance. A very smart commercial.

I don't like any ad that uses any kind of violence in it to represent a product that they want me to buy. From women kicking themselves in the rear end, how awful is that, to a guy that keeps getting blown up when another guy is throwing a football. How inconsiderate of a company when this country is still fighting a war and we have many innocent people getting blown up for real, or have we forgot about that?

I will not even consider buying these products and also e-mail those companies and let them know.

I see most of these ads during the news hour which is when I watch TV.

peace to all
Old 12-09-2013, 02:16 PM
Power Poster

I hate the one for 'jag u are' cars. I haven't seen it run yet this year. hopefully, they won't.
most of them I laugh off, but this one gets to me. I hate any commercial with Flo in it. Love the pig!
Old 12-09-2013, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by lynnie View Post
I hate the one for 'jag u are' cars. I haven't seen it run yet this year. hopefully, they won't.
most of them I laugh off, but this one gets to me. I hate any commercial with Flo in it. Love the pig!
Why don't they blow Flo up? I HATE those commercials so much we fight over who can mute the tv faster in our house. The one " so your're them" makes absolutely no sense, or the "standing in the rain -- I need you"...good Lord who writes that drivel?--I just want to scream when I can't turn her off! I read on the internet that Progressive is the most hated commercial on tv. They're certainly the most annoying.
Old 12-09-2013, 04:01 PM

I think the boxer jingle bells one is hysterically funny. I giggle every time I see it.

The little girl advertising some kind of SUV (I think) is extremely annoying. What a little smart alect brat!

Last edited by gramajo; 12-09-2013 at 04:05 PM.
Old 12-09-2013, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by SouthPStitches View Post
Every year there seems to be at least one holiday ad that makes my teeth itch. My nomination goes to the well known car commercials featuring Michael Bolton this year. I am not a Michael Bolton hater by any means, in fact I've been to one of his concerts. There are four different ads feature MB but there is one ad in particular where it sounds more like he's trying to pass a kidney stone than singing. Hubby and I have purchased this particular brand of vehicles six different times. Last night when the ad came on, he muttered "these ads are so obnoxious, I'd be forced to buy anything but another H&*@a! With a little luck, they won't be re-run next year. Obviously we both need to find a life!
Yes I vote for this one too. Love you description, regarding the kidney stone, hahaha, love it.
Old 12-09-2013, 05:57 PM

Ack, just saw an SUV with some diabolical little brat. Ugh, high on the annoying!

Flo annoyed me to the point I switched insurance, and let Progressive know exactly why I was willing to pay $17 more a month for a less obnoxious carrier.
Old 12-09-2013, 07:05 PM

Boxer Jingle Bells is by far my least favorite. It should be taken off of the air.
Originally Posted by tessagin View Post
So many of these commercials just make no sense. I dislike all of them and please, how about the boxer jingle bells! I'm not a prude but come on.