Nook or Kindle

Old 10-11-2011, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by Joanie2
My husband and I each have a Kindle but then he saw the new Kindle Fire that is coming out next month that is more of a touch screen. He ordered them for us for early Christmas gifts. Check it out on line before you make your final decision.
Lucky you! I just got my Kindle last month and love it.
Old 10-11-2011, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by nativetexan
i was just reading on amazon about them, one person says they ask you to ship your kindle back to them to have the battery replaced. they actually send you a refurbished one, not your's in return. not liking that.
They would have to transfer all your info to the other one if they did that. Not sure that makes sense to me.
Old 10-12-2011, 02:51 AM

I love my Kindle...
Old 10-12-2011, 04:48 AM

Another Kindle fan here, my partner bought me one for Christmas last year and I love it! I would not be without it, the screen is easy to read and I like that fact that I can adjust the type size for when I take my specs off.
Old 10-12-2011, 04:55 AM
Power Poster

Hello and welcome! Here is a link that I posted some time ago with a similar question. Maybe you can get some ideas and information from the answers people posted.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-98738-1.htm
Old 10-12-2011, 05:16 AM

So, Lynda, after all the discussion there's been about Kindles and Nooks, which one do you think you'll be getting? And what feature sealed the deal?
Old 10-12-2011, 09:32 AM

Kindle is the best. Not backlit like a computer so it doesn't strain your eyes and you can read longer.
Old 10-12-2011, 12:43 PM

Thank you all for sending me well wishes for my Mom. I have decided on the Kindle. You all are so helpful and kind, its nice tobe a part of this quilt guild. Lynda Z
Old 10-29-2011, 06:15 AM
DJ

I'm one still trying to decide between and Kindle and Nook. I understand that there are more titles (books) available for the Nook. I can download books from the library on the Nook, and now the Kindle has that capability, too. From reviews, it sounds like the Kindle flashes on page turns and can freeze up while using. Now that would be very annoying! I'm thinking more seriously about the Nook. If there are any problems, I can take it to the local B&N. I don't think I'd get a color one, because I need to be able to read outdoors in the sun. There also may be more ability to "share/loan" books with the Nook, but I'm not really sure about how that's done.
Old 10-29-2011, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by SherriB
I am getting my youngest DD a color Nook for Christmas. She is 16 and loves what the Nook offers. We have a B&N membership and received a $25 coupon off the purchase of a color Nook, so that will help. Along with getting free shipping.

I am thinking of getting myself the Wi-Fi 3G Kindle or maybe the Kindle Fire. I am still wavering as to get one or not.
If your primary desire is reading, you might want the Kindle 3G WiFi. The Fire seems to be more geared to internet stuff and uses WiFi only - - no 3G or 4G anything like that. I would suggest going to Amazon website and read everything possible on the Fire - including the "forum" where the two models have been closely compared with logical and technical discussion. I like both of them - but for now my main focus is for a reading device and think I will keep my Kindle 3G WiFi and see how it all goes.

Marysewfun