Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Not a pretty picture

A friend of mine had that problem when we were in high school. It scared me away from ever trying. I'm sorry to hear they haven't weeded out those products that do that to some people. It's been a great many years since I was in high school, and you'd think they'd have gotten it right by now.

OMG!!! Im sorry, but I laughed my head off and then had to read this to my hubby. Sorry for your troubles, I hope it does come off, keep us posted.
    SUEB

Asheville, Lake Vermilion, Tarpon Springs
    Blog Entries
    My doctor recently relented and now allows me 20 minutes a day in the sun. That just about allows to and from the car and a little walking around. If I go for a walk, it's after the sun drops in the sky. My sister and I used to swim for hours--in shirts over our swimming suits. Once sunburned after 3pm--wasn't out until then. I will turn sort of tan--but still burn right on top of that. Some people just shouldn't go out in the sun. Besides, it gives you wrinkles.
    I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day.

Power Poster
    I do tan a little bit - but never to the 'healthy glow' look

I can tell because when I get a haircut, I have a pale 1/2 inch line on my neck below the new hair line!
    And my arms are darker than my skin that usually stays covered. They are wrinklier, too!

Ditto, Tartan! I have never been able to be out in the sun, but guess what? On Aug 1 I have to have a basal cell carcinoma removed from my face! I use sun screen, wear long-sleeved clothes and a straw hat when I garden, but I guess the damage was when I was younger (much younger) and had 3 bad sunburns many years apart.

I am certainly with you on that one...........very little sun exposure. Can anyone explain to me, even after avoiding the sun
    my pale skin is covered with freckles? I have often said to myself, if only those blasted freckles would move closer to one another................I would have a tan. I know heredity
    Kaye Jacobson Salverda

Blog Entries
    Love yourself whatever color you are. All colors are beautiful.

Why try to change yourself just to please someone else. Someone once told me I should tan and I told her I like being white. That ended those comments.

I don't even try to tan. My white skin is pretty. My MIL had the most beautiful white skin and complexion I have ever seen even at 80 plus years.

Blog Entries
    Tan Towels also do a pretty good job. Got mine on hsn.

Quote Originally Posted by sandraa View Post
    There is actually one product, Fake Bake, that really works and does not turn orange. It gives a beautiful light tan and if you want darker, just apply more every day until the color you want is achieved. Ask you hairdresser for it as it is a professional product.

thanks for the warning...............

Blog Entries
    I do use them. I just rub a little on my legs each morning so I don't have to wear hose. I just use the cheapy lotion too. I rub it in straight out of a shower while they are still a little wet. I can't say I use enough to get a "tan", but it helps add some color (grew up with the motto, "tan fat looks better than pale fat"). I'm also very freckled all over.
    Fake Bake is good stuff, I'd forgotten about it.

I hate the smell of tanners, though. gag

OK, I'm confessing....I clicked on this one just dieing to see pics! I'm with you....I would need to save using them for fall when I can blend in with the pumpkins!
    http://www.appalachianquilts.blogspot.com
    http://www.quiltweb.net

Blog Entries
    Here's a link for removing self-tanners, http://skin.knoji.com/how-to-remove-self-tanner/ If you google it, I'm sure you'll come up with something you can do at home.

Sorry, I don't self tan or real sun tan. Am also blessed with a bit of natural color. But, you did give me a little giggle. You painted quite a picture. (sorry)
    My little shinning stars. Brantley, Kaylynn, and Emmalee

Blog Entries
    Kudo's Seaside Gal, I wish I'd learned that before I EVER tanned. I shudder to think what I will look like at 80. I'm glad I gave up tanning before I ruined my skin by tanning too much. You on the other hand are going to have beautiful skin at 80.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seaside gal View Post
    Love yourself whatever color you are. All colors are beautiful.

Why try to change yourself just to please someone else. Someone once told me I should tan and I told her I like being white. That ended those comments.

I don't even try to tan. My white skin is pretty. My MIL had the most beautiful white skin and complexion I have ever seen even at 80 plus years.
    My little shinning stars. Brantley, Kaylynn, and Emmalee

Ok folks-- I have found a nice lotion that takes the edge off of being so "glow in the dark" white. I have not been brave enough for the fake sprays or anything. Anyways, this stuff works alright. I do just use it on my legs.
    It is by malibu Tan. Called Hemp Golden Glow. Skin firming bronzing moisturizer. Has CoQ10. 18 oz. brown pump bottle.
    Can buy it at Walmart or a drug store. Smells ok too.
    Be a blessing to others, as you may entertain angels unaware!

I have had the same problem-- anything I use turns orange. Also part of the "Lily-Wite club" flaunt it -- and wear #30.

Quote Originally Posted by MarySews View Post
    I have had the same problem-- anything I use turns orange. Also part of the "Lily-Wite club" flaunt it -- and wear #30.
    Maybe we should start our own little QB sub groups; maybe the "Tidy Whities"? At least I don't smell any more. Almost a week later still have a bit of the orange going on but luckily I was able to rub or wear most of it off. Hubby still laughing at how I look.

Sorry...I can't seem to stop laughing! lol I know...if it was MY skin it wouldn't be funny at all. That stuff really does scare me, mostly because it's chemicals and our skin absorbs chemicals into our blood stream. ugh Call me a la natural!
    Being skinny isn't easy, so I gave up and opted for being sexy instead. (aunty acid)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2