Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Nov 2011 Weight Loss Adventure winner is susan... >

Nov 2011 Weight Loss Adventure winner is susan...

Nov 2011 Weight Loss Adventure winner is susan...

Old 11-07-2011, 07:11 PM
mim

Missy, you are so courageous. We are pulling for you.
Mim
Old 11-07-2011, 07:28 PM

Todays mail brought me some FQ's. I can't wait to see what else comes in.

Missy.....glad to hear you are doing better. You and your family are in my prayers.

Mim....congrats on the losing.

I had a friend come help me clean my apartment today, got rid of lots of junk and some of my clothes. She and her daughter will be able to use them. Also had an extra comforter set that I didn't have room to store she got that too.

Best news of all is I finally have an appointment to start the pulmonary rehab. So tomorrow at 11 am I go for the initial eval. then they do the rehab on M,W,F from 12 to 2. I am so ready for a normal life, if that is even possible with all I have gone through. LOL

Keep up all the good work and remember you are in control of what goes into your body.
Old 11-07-2011, 09:05 PM

Wow! Everyone has such good news to report! Very uplifting! Today I felt much better, able to keep food in and down. I suspect I have lost more weight but I don't recommend this method.

Cindy, I am excited to hear about your pulmonary PT. I will ask my doc for a referral for me, I am ready to be moving to keep this weight loss going.

Missy, great news on the voices! Stay with us, you can do it!

Nancia, where are you? I haven't seen a thread with your name on it, and Xylie? I'm missing you, also.

My trick for the day is jello. I know, tried and true. Keep a bowl in the fridge for a dip of a sweet, cool something. It really is soothing and sometimes is the only dip you need. I make it with the s/f jello, s/f fruit and use the syrup from the fruit for the "cold" liquid. It makes it set well and has extra flavor, plus protein and fiber with the fruit.
Old 11-08-2011, 01:57 AM

Okay, my weird news of the day. Now that I have dropped more pounds, I have moved from the super obesity to the morbid obesity to the -ta da- now I am merely severely obese. Not much to brag about but it really is, as this has increased my chances of living another 5 years by 20% or more. Wow! See those tiny little pounds that we are pushing to reduce do add up to big results. Keep on working at losing weight because YOU are worth the effort.
Old 11-08-2011, 02:52 AM

That's great.....so glad it's under control.I can't eat mexican anymore,but used to love burritos.Bet your family loves having a good cook there! be careful you don't let ppl take advantage of you.

OOOOH a new Bernina!....mine isn't new,but works like a charm.Still don't know what all it will do. I tend to sew strainght lines. Hope you have a good day. We're off to the city for his Dr checkup.Gonna be a long day.
Old 11-08-2011, 02:54 AM

Congrats...what a NSV.Every little pd we wave bye bye to is more good news & encouragement for the slow,slow losers. That would be me!

Originally Posted by purplemem View Post
Okay, my weird news of the day. Now that I have dropped more pounds, I have moved from the super obesity to the morbid obesity to the -ta da- now I am merely severely obese. Not much to brag about but it really is, as this has increased my chances of living another 5 years by 20% or more. Wow! See those tiny little pounds that we are pushing to reduce do add up to big results. Keep on working at losing weight because YOU are worth the effort.
Old 11-08-2011, 04:05 AM

Good morning everyone!

Haven't been here in a few days and that's never a good thing for me. I over ate over the weekend and wound up very sick. For those who know I had my stomach stapled many years ago and if I don't watch it and purge myself I wind up sick. Was up all nigh Sat. night getting rid of the food that shouldn't of been there to start with. Things calmed down somewhat Sunday - I didn't eat as much but still didn't eat the right kind of food. Over the past week I've just been totally out of control and gained 4 lbs. Hubby's been really sick and I've been stressed and instead of turning to my freinds on this thread I ate over the whole situation. I know better to.

Missy, so glad you've gotten control of your illness. Those voices can be terrible. Praying for you, Cathie and your family. And a new Bernina! Wow! Congratulations. I bet you can't wait to get home to figure out everything it can do.

Cindy, Good to hear about your your pulmonary therapy. Hope it all goes well.

MJ, Good to hear you are loosing weigh right down into a lower weight category! How exciting. Hope your feeling better and doing well as far as far as your health goes. My prayers are with you.

Patti, NSV is a Non Scale Victory. Enjoy yours.

Well everyone I'm going to try to bother people on this board more often and try to get myself back on the program. I see the endogrinologist a week from Friday and I think that might help to.

God Bless. Have a good day.

Jeanne
Old 11-08-2011, 04:48 AM

So glad to hear everyones health seems to be improving. You have all been in my prayers. I am off of work today for election day. I work in a school as an aide and the school is a polling place. The teachers have to work but aides don't. Yeah!!! I needed a break. I HATE HATE my job right now. The teacher and I apparently don't get along. She is really rude to me, no matter what I do she finds fault with it. The teacher and the other aide are good friends they even go on vacation together. They talk like I am not even there. They discuss the classroom during their lunch and when I'm not there so I never know what is going on. I am debating on whether to make a career change or ask for a transfer. Not sure I can make it thru the rest of the school year in this classroom. I can't quit since it is our only source of health insurance. I will be making some phone calls today about the career change. I am thinking about a CNA training. I am a stress eater and am having a really hard time with it.
Old 11-08-2011, 04:51 AM

I don't know how to post this question anywhere else so i will ask you guys. I am having trouble finding things on this new board. I can't find the things I used to read most days. I used to read the main and picture section. WHen I click on them now it is different. The most recent tab seems to be the same things day after day. Anyone else having these issues?
Old 11-08-2011, 05:13 AM

I might not be much help myself. I liked the blue unread and purple read symbols. When I go to What's New and then tap Forum I think and it separates it with the first being Main. But even there they are not new new, I read when posted and open those from today or yesterday if it tells a time after I have read the QB. Sorry that is the best I can do. I also wish MyFitnessPal were still here, I liked seeing that daily success.
Originally Posted by meanmom View Post
I don't know how to post this question anywhere else so i will ask you guys. I am having trouble finding things on this new board. I can't find the things I used to read most days. I used to read the main and picture section. WHen I click on them now it is different. The most recent tab seems to be the same things day after day. Anyone else having these issues?