Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Nov 2011 Weight Loss Adventure winner is susan... >

Nov 2011 Weight Loss Adventure winner is susan...

Nov 2011 Weight Loss Adventure winner is susan...

Old 11-10-2011, 10:41 PM

Cindy, I think that was too much for 1 day. I am tired just reading about it! I think some of us need to have a little talk with your mom.
Old 11-10-2011, 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by Pam H View Post
Cindy, I think that was too much for 1 day. I am tired just reading about it! I think some of us need to have a little talk with your mom.
well it wasn't all mom.......it was more me than her. We left the house about 10:30 and didn't get back until about 3:30. So I did go slow and took my time. It was a long day, and yes I will take it easier on the next outing.
Old 11-11-2011, 03:27 AM

Morning everyone.

Today was my day to weigh in and yes I gained 1/2 lb. I guess it could of been worse but still it was a gain. Maybe it will be better when I see the neurologist and endoginologist next week. These are my follow up appt to see how my body is responding to the seizure meds and the 64,000 dollar question am I or am I not actually diabetic? This whole wait and see game is so frustrating.

I know I'm not the only one on this board playing this game.

Cindy I hope yout PT goes well today. It seems like that's along time to be in therapy at one time for just starting out.

Judy, congratulations - your smallest pants, that's wonderful. Your wise to be careful to not to lose to much.

Has anyone heard from MJ, Xylie or Nancia? I'm having some trouble navigating around this board so they could be someplace that I haven't got to. I think I'll try to find MJ"s thread to see if she's been posting on there.

My goal is to start water aerobics three times a week again after I see the docs next week. I hope that works out.

God Bless everyone and have a good day!
Old 11-11-2011, 05:28 AM

Lesss than two weeks to Thanksgiving. The weight is coming down. I look forward to stepping on the scale each morning. I too, think I will quilt to keep my mind off food.
Old 11-11-2011, 08:37 AM

i have been having trouble with the new site and never saw this thread ...is it too late to join ?
Old 11-11-2011, 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by Murphy1 View Post
Lesss than two weeks to Thanksgiving. The weight is coming down. I look forward to stepping on the scale each morning. I too, think I will quilt to keep my mind off food.
Wow that means there is only 43 days left till Christmas. So is anyone ready for the holidays to begin.

My brother and his wife are moving here and will be staying with me while they look for jobs. It will be great to have them here. They are coming from Florida so this weather will be a big change for them and no beach since they live on the beach now. they have been kinda beach bums

I have no idea what I am gonna do for everyone for christmas. My son and DIL will be here also. I am hoping that I will still be off work until the end of the year and dont have to worry about working the holiday.

I am in control of what goes in my mouth. today will be a challange, as I am fighting the stomach bug I picked up somewhere yesterday. have been sick most of the night. very little sleep. so not starting therapy today will start on monday.

Jeanne - keep your head up, you will start losing again once you get all your medical questions answered. your meds could be your weight increase. You are in my prayers along witih your husband.
Old 11-11-2011, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by dotski View Post
i have been having trouble with the new site and never saw this thread ...is it too late to join ?
for november yes it is too late to join for the fq prize, but you are welcome to join in on the support and encouragement. Follow us and join for the prize in December. We all need support and encouragement.
Old 11-11-2011, 01:15 PM

We had a great meal at Texas Roadhouse for Veterans Day.DH saw a couple men he worked with, so they had a gab fest on who is still working etc.
Gonna add up the damage.....& I know there is some.Who knew peanuts in the shell are high cal? Not me......Stocked up on grapes & that's all I'm eating till bed time.
Old 11-11-2011, 03:43 PM

I weigh in tomorrow. I think it should be good news. I have been pretty good this week. I have been eating a favorite vegetable soup for lunch all week. Pretty low on WW points. I avoided chocolate all week(a major problem for me) until a few minutes ago. I have had a knee problem off and on for years. It has been killing me the past 2 weeks so I finally went to the doctor. I have osteoarthritis and possibly a torn menniscus. He gave me a cortisone shot. I get an MRI on Monday to see what is going on. Also he want to give me shots in my knee to replace the missing synovial fluid. He said I will probably need a knee replacement sometime. Probably years from now. Now that I am finally exercising and getting in shape this happens. I am supposed to walk a 5K next weekend. I coach a Girls on the RUn team at school. THeir run is next Saturday. He said it should be OK unless something unexpected shows up on the MRI. He will start the shots after the 5K. I think I am falling apart in my old age. (54)
Old 11-11-2011, 04:31 PM

hey, y'all i'm here! thanks for asking jeanne! i have been in the dumps, but i'm watching what i eat, and drowning my sorrows with gallons of water! today was tremendous fun! jennifer22206 and i met in person and did a mini-shop hop. we only made it to 3 shops, but that was the end of my money and stamina. lol. her little girl is a quilter in training! she loves fabric and knows her colors. she's 2. what a sweet little dynamo! i'm exhausted but had soooo much fun! lunch was a black and white cookie with black coffee--oops! but i needed the energy! i have to admit, i skipped everything posted after page 2, but will go back and read it when i can concentrate better! i hope everyone is doing well. i gained 5 lbs in october. i even had a brief foray out of one-derland, and i had vowed i would never do that! fortunately my size didn't get bigger! i must be in control, and really want to do this! i must, i must, i am losing weight!!