Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Nov 2011 Weight Loss Adventure winner is susan... >

Nov 2011 Weight Loss Adventure winner is susan...

Nov 2011 Weight Loss Adventure winner is susan...

Old 11-26-2011, 01:35 PM

Where am I? Resting! Once upon a time 19 guests was a breeze, but I'm older and out of practice. It was a fun day, but took so much furniture rearranging and such because one daughter is in a wheelchair with one foot elevated so everything had to accommodate that. To say nothing of dealing with a 25 pound turkey, plus a ham and everything else.

My shopping has consisted of a hitting lovely little boutique that had 40% off from 9 to 10 yesterday morning, a craft fair today and Office Max for a wireless mouse for my computer. My old mouse has been wonky lately. I'm more concerned getting my house recleaned than I am shopping right now though my shopping list is more than a notebook paper page long - and that's just family. So far the only homemade things will be two table runners and a knit scarf. I am looking forward to using the Spicy Spiral pattern and 9 or 10 degree ruler for the orange one. Oh, and finish the wildlife quilt - the back is pieced, too, with a picture or two. I haven't started the back. I can't until the borders are on the front so I know how big it needs to be. Tomorrow, maybe. I hope I have enough flying geese done for the border.

My weight is way up but as soon as I finish my favorite jello, I'll be back on track.
Old 11-26-2011, 08:49 PM

Oh My Goodness! When I was 14 and had my first marriage proposal, I laughed at the young man - he was serious and I wasn't. Tonight I had my 'last' marriage proposal. My ex-husband just asked me to marry (remarry) him. I tried not to laugh too loud. I think my response was, "You've got to be kidding!" Life justs gets more interesting all the time. BTW, it's not going to happen. Wrong person.

Just thought you'd all like a smile for the evening.
Old 11-27-2011, 02:59 AM

Morning everyone!

Board has been kind of quiet the last couple of days. I weighed in on Friday as usual and my weight had stayed the same which was a surprise but I was grateful. We still have leftovers so I'm not sure how my weight will stay.

My PT gal is a quilter, has been for 15 plus years and we got talking when I was in for my last session and discovered we had ordered the same quilt (or so we thought). So we decided to get together to work together on them. She came over yesterday when she was done at the hospital and we both had The Grinch Stole Christmas quilts but different patterns. Wouldn't it figure that mine was way more complicated. (I've been quilting for three years). Anyway we muddled thru completing a couple of blocks on my quilt and cutting all the fabric. It was great fun. So now I know how to put my quilt together and she said if I had any more troublr she'd come back ove and she already had a good start on her quilt. Quilters truely are great people.

Well food wise my goal is to follow a menu and measure everything that goes into my mouth. Pray that I can do that.

When does the December sign up star? It seems like I always just sneak in under the wire. I'm having some probleming since they changed the board.

Have aHappy Day everyone! Has anyone heard from MJ, Missy, & Xylie? Hi Judy & Patti welcome back after Thanksgiving!

Jeanne
Old 11-27-2011, 03:04 AM

Hi Murphy, Hi Miss Rita, Hi susan, Hi Pam, Hi Dody. Welcome back everyone. I hope I didn't miss anyone.
Old 11-27-2011, 07:12 AM

Good Morning JHolm, I enjoy reading your entries first thing in the morning. I am exactly where I started this month. I still have hope that by Wednesday I can have the loss I had before Thanksgiving. I am busy cutting 6 inch blocks for a cute I Spy quilt I found on line. Gathering the fabric has been fun, but I won't sew until January as I have several projects that are Christmas gifts. Time marches on as we have less than a month till Christmas.
Old 11-27-2011, 08:58 AM

Good morning Jeanne and Murphy1. Hope you're having a great day. It's very cold here this morning with a slight chance of snow later today. It rained most of yesterday and all of last night so it's pretty dreary outside....just the way I like it! Strange weather for this early in my part of Arkansas.

Haven't been doing much sewing lately because I'm working on keeping up with my Etsy shop stuff. I need to get back to sewing because I've got a quilting club that meets next Saturday and haven't picked up my project since last month's meeting. We started a stack 'n whack quilt and I need to finish cutting the background fabric and sewing the whacked blocks together before Saturday. Friday is my scrapbooking club meeting and I have to bring the food/snacks for that one so it's going to be a busy week around here.

Thankfully my food plan has been working this month. I haven't lost as much as I would have liked to but slow and steady is ok with me. I'd like to be in one-derland by the end of the year so will need to be careful through the holiday season. When the baking starts there will be a lot of temptation. My grandson, who is in the military, is expecting a big box of homemade goodies and I can't let him (and his buddies) down!

Well, need to get off the computer and start on my "chores" for today. Ya'll have a great day!
Old 11-27-2011, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by irishrose View Post
Oh My Goodness! When I was 14 and had my first marriage proposal, I laughed at the young man - he was serious and I wasn't. Tonight I had my 'last' marriage proposal. My ex-husband just asked me to marry (remarry) him. I tried not to laugh too loud. I think my response was, "You've got to be kidding!" Life justs gets more interesting all the time. BTW, it's not going to happen. Wrong person.

Just thought you'd all like a smile for the evening.
I think that's kinda sweet! But, hey...it may not be your "last" proposal!!! Who knows!!!!
Old 11-27-2011, 09:20 AM

My weight is not too bad, not going to make any grand goals but I am a work in progress...key word there is PROGRESS! I want to work on cutting squares also but I have a bulletin board covered with buttons on my cutting table. I had the great idea to cover an old board with black felt & ivory ribbons, then thought oh! buttons for the sewing room. Right; like I have time now to finish, lol!!! The monster 12' tree is going up today & will take at least 2 days to finish. Most of the house is decorated & Christmas music is playing. I am happy!
Old 11-27-2011, 10:09 AM

Our Thanksgiving plans didn't happen as planned. We still had all the fixins just missing my brother and SIL. They have had some mechanical problems and haven't been able to get moved here. Praying that will change tomorrow and all the mechanical problems will be resolved.

Still had a great meal and this year I made for the first time ever some Homemade Cranberry whole berry sauce. Loved the way it turned out. Didn't get all of my holiday baking done, I'm not worried about that. I am not able to do the marathon day of baking like the past. I have to remember that missing part of a lung 2 months post surgery has me taking life slower.

Those that are MIA-----MJ, Missy and Xylie. My prayers are will you and hope to see a posting soon.

We should be seeing the post for December sign up soon. I will also be watching for it since I track who has signed up.

It has been cold here the past few days here in Dallas, so it has been fun. We has started putting out our Christmas decorations in the yard. This year the parents want a real tree. Not sure when we will put that up.

Enjoy the remainder of your weekend, I am back to work on some quilts.
Old 11-27-2011, 10:13 AM

3 more days..Im getting my fat quarter ready to mail...lol