Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
November Weight Loss Adventure with Prize!!!!! >

November Weight Loss Adventure with Prize!!!!!

November Weight Loss Adventure with Prize!!!!!

Old 11-05-2013, 01:57 PM

I can't believe I have to say this - I have NO blue and white FQs, so I will have to go shopping this weekend. I have a note on my calendar so that I won't forget.
Old 11-05-2013, 04:16 PM

Congrats countrymaid!!
Old 11-05-2013, 05:08 PM

Excellent job, countrymaid. You have to feel good about that amount.
Old 11-06-2013, 04:19 AM

Congratulations to CountryMaid - and all of you - us - we're all winners. We are trying so hard to loose what we gained over the years, each little ounce we lose is a plus - we are winners. Keep up the good work!!! And, I'm jealous, wanted those little pieces of cloth to love...oh well, next month...
Old 11-06-2013, 05:13 AM

Howdy strangers! I am trying to get back on track after a wild and crazy summer. Between family commitments, health issues, and extra hours at work I haven't even been on QB in nearly 3 months. After doing such a good job with my walking program all winter, I really dropped the ball when the weather got warm. Time to get back at it because I absolutely refuse to go up a size.

CindyA what is the recipe for your homemade salad dressing, inquiring minds want to know. Jan I am impressed that your guys are willing to try peskatarian, mine were not happy when I suggested we just have a couple dinners a week without meat. I can't help with how to serve kale, I don't think I've ever had it. What does it taste like?

I guess I have found the silver lining to having to go on the gluten free diet, it makes much easier to refuse the baked goods at work. Doesn't make me any happier to have to refuse, just means I don't have to rely strictly on willpower.

I am going to be smaller when this month ends. I will Keep the Faith, and Fight the Bulge!
Old 11-06-2013, 07:16 AM

Wow can't believe I forgot to post the October winner on the new thread. I did in the October thread. Mom called when I was working on the posting. I am sorry for not mentioning it here.

countrymaid did a great job. Congratulations on your hard work. You will be in onederland before you know it.

In October I maintained now to get going again now that mom's surgery is done. First follow up is on the 15th with the surgeon.
Old 11-06-2013, 07:17 AM

Good to see you lauriejo....long time no see. Welcome back.
Old 11-06-2013, 11:22 AM

Congratulations Countrymaid!!!!
I have not been doing so great on my eating. Or exercising. I got new orthotics for my shoes but just ordered new shoes on Monday. My foot is not letting me stand long or walk far.
The elbow limits me on how much I use my right arm. Just take me out back and shoot me!!!!
Today is going to be a sewing day. I have 4 tops (aprox 60 x 80) that are going to the kids of the two Navy Pilots lost in September to finish. I want to show them at guild Tuesday, the 12th. I got my auction quilt all done, I just need to pull it out of the dryer and then write up how much the cost to me was and suggested starting bid.
I have a couple other baby size quilts to be donated that need to be done by the 12th also. Hopefully I can get in at least 5 or 6 hours today. The challenge is pressing. I can sew without too much stress or pain in my elbow, pressing is a different matter.

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!
Old 11-06-2013, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by lauriejo View Post
Jan I am impressed that your guys are willing to try peskatarian, mine were not happy when I suggested we just have a couple dinners a week without meat.
I found a great vegan cookbook. Every recipe looks/sounds mouth-watering. My husband is a carnivore but is willing to try some things. He does love fish so a supper meal with fish is satisfying to him.

Last night was (vegan) shephard's pie - and all the men-folk loved it. Yea! I'm making chicken and dumplings tonight - I'm just making mine sans chicken.

I'm feeling great and haven't felt run down. Yea!

I'm attempting to work out even more. Fabric is such a great incentive for me! =D I'm hoping to see more weight loss as I rev up my workouts.
Old 11-06-2013, 01:23 PM

Here's a picture of the quilt that is going for Auction[ATTACH=CONFIG]445259[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 025-2-.jpg  

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!