Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Now I am REALLY on a spending diet.... >

Now I am REALLY on a spending diet....

Now I am REALLY on a spending diet....

Old 01-07-2011, 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by Luv Quilts and Cats
I hear you!. I am on a no-fabric till bills are paid kick too. My car needs some work, just had the timing belt, water pump replaced. Someone backed into my rear door, off to the auto body shop for repair. Fortunately they had insurance and I paid nothing. Now gas is up to over $3.00 around here, and after being unemployed for 2 years, my job is 35 minutes away instead of 10. It's all highway, but still. My friends are talking about taking a trip to Marden's in Maine (discount store with lots of good quality quilt fabrics). I know it's cabin fever, but could I really go and just look? Not sure. Why couldn't I have won the MegaMillions Lotto?? LOL
Yeah, it is tough when we live in an area where you HAVE to have a vehicle. I live within 8-10 minutes of all my kids but they are so busy with their lives that they can't always help out. Like yesterday when I needed a way home from the dealer, I used their van guy to bring me home; then my DDIL couldn't take me back till after 7 and the place closes at 7:30 so we just made it. I am very weak-willed when it comes to anything sewing related so I can't allow myself to go in a fabric store right now. I have a gift card to Joann's for $30 but what can you do with that :roll: :-( :cry: I would be spending to go along with it. So I am staying home and using my stash.