Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Nuclear Stress Test

I had this today. It felt like I was climbing out of thr grand canyon. I made it and my heart rate was 135 when I finished. They inject tracer in to your arm and take pictures of your heart and then after that you go on the tread mill up hill and speed it up at differnt times and do a ekg at the same time, then after that they inject more tracer and take more pictures of my heart. This is to see if I have any blockage in my arteries to my heart. My doctor wanted to do this cause I developed a blood clot in my lung in June. I am glad I have been going to the gym on the tread mill every other day or I could not have done this test. I will see the Doctor on Monday and see if all is OK. What an experience, today.

Blog Entries
    Hope everything checks out well!

I hope your test results show no blockage.

What an experience! Keep up at the gym, that helps so much. Good luck on your tests!

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    I had this done last year. And I don't excercise. It showed too. Then I found out they can do a lying down one for those who cannot walk much. I did good until it started slanting...What a trip. :(:(

My DH is having one done Thursday. His BP has been high for a couple of weeks and they want to know why. I think it's salt....He's been drinking a lot of Gatorade and Powerade and that stuff is LOADED. It's going down now that he's stopped.

Good luck on yours, Suzanne

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sewingsuz
    I had this today. It felt like I was climbing out of thr grand canyon. I made it and my heart rate was 135 when I finished. They inject tracer in to your arm and take pictures of your heart and then after that you go on the tread mill up hill and speed it up at differnt times and do a ekg at the same time, then after that they inject more tracer and take more pictures of my heart. This is to see if I have any blockage in my arteries to my heart. My doctor wanted to do this cause I developed a blood clot in my lung in June. I am glad I have been going to the gym on the tread mill every other day or I could not have done this test. I will see the Doctor on Monday and see if all is OK. What an experience, today.
    My wife had to do this one time and luckily the doctors didnt find anything at all, but man was she worn out! I am praying for you for good results and nothing being wrong other than you need to exercise more. :P

Keep your head up and keep us up to date, like I said you are in my families prayers and I am wishing you the best!

Lots of Love

Billy

Jim
    I had the one laying down...wow was it an experience the hot flashes were unbelieveable, I kept telling them I felt sick to my stomach...they said you only feel sick..until I made a believer of them...they saw what I had eaten...ewwwwwww

Blog Entries
    Hope you passed with flying colors! Sounds like u did! I had it done without dye and an echo added. I amdisabled and amazed I did it! My 76 yr old mom did it like it was a cake walk! She line dances 2 hrs a day!!

Suzanne, I am so glad to see you back on the board. I love your avatar, too cute, again, sorry that your health is sucky right now but am glad to see you back.

Blog Entries
    prayers to you

Hope yu get good results.

I passed my nuclear stress test. Glad I had it done.

Blog Entries
    I had one last year. I think the worst part is when you are laying on the table for the scan part and they say "DO NOT FALL ASLEEP!" You are there for 20 minutes not able to move! How can you not fall asleep?! Plus you can't move! I was so glad to have that thing over with and hope I never have to have another one. Luckily my problems ended up being the medication I take for my acid reflux, had stopped working for me and required a new one. Good luck with the results, hope everything is okay.

about 10 years ago, when I failed my first treadmill stress test, my Cardiologist said I would never do the treadmill again. As a result of the 1st test, I had a stent put into my heart, via artery in groin. I now have a nuclear test every other year. That makes 5 of them and I have never minded them. I am 77 and try to be fearless of these things. Attitude helps.

June in Cincinnati

Super Member I go To The Sea To Breathe's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    In 1988 my DH had stress test, they started it and shut it down at 33 seconds. Sent him home with meds, said do nothing over the weekend , this was late Fri afternoon. He had open heart surgery with 5 to take care of the 10 blockages he had. 13 yrs later, he had it again, then he had aortic anyursium surgery, same type of surgery as the bypasses, craking the chest, then 2 yrs ago had valve repairs, and today he is having abalation and they just came out and said he is also getting a pacemaker. He is 71. He has had such a time, he actually was having his heart just get slower and slower. His My husband the first time BP was like 65 over 40. So I hope this gets him some energy. I think that every man at least should have a stress test around 46-48 yrs. old. It just seems that is when they have heart attacks, my DH was 2 weeks from a massive coronary. Get those stress test. Nothing shows as well

Super Member I go To The Sea To Breathe's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    In 1988 my DH had stress test, they started it and shut it down at 33 seconds. Sent him home with meds, said do nothing over the weekend , this was late Fri afternoon. He had open heart surgery with 5 to take care of the 10 blockages he had. 13 yrs later, he had it again, then he had aortic anyursium surgery, same type of surgery as the bypasses, craking the chest, then 2 yrs ago had valve repairs, and today he is having abalation and they just came out and said he is also getting a pacemaker. He is 71. He has had such a time, he actually was having his heart just get slower and slower. His My husband the first time BP was like 65 over 40. So I hope this gets him some energy. I think that every man at least should have a stress test around 46-48 yrs. old. It just seems that is when they have heart attacks, my DH was 2 weeks from a massive coronary. Get those stress test. Nothing shows as well

Jackie, I agree with you on the stress test at 46. I lost my first husband in '89 to what they call "The Widow Maker". He was 46. No hint of any health problems. NO ONE should think it can't happen to them.

My "new" (15 yr) DH had a stress test this morning. He hasn't had nearly the problems your DH has and I wish you and yours the best.

Thanks everyone for all the notes and prays. I'll find out about my test result on Monday and let you all know. I want to tell you the Doctor confirmed that I got the blood clot in my lung from sewing 6,8 10 hrs at a time and not getting up and moving around and exercising. Beware when this quilting gets to long at a time. People that go on long trips and sit in airplane can develope blood clots and 90 percent of tham start in your legs.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sewingsuz
    Thanks everyone for all the notes and prays. I'll find out about my test result on Monday and let you all know. I want to tell you the Doctor confirmed that I got the blood clot in my lung from sewing 6,8 10 hrs at a time and not getting up and moving around and exercising. Beware when this quilting gets to long at a time. People that go on long trips and sit in airplane can develope blood clots and 90 percent of tham start in your legs.
    I totally agree with what you are saying. That is why I have to get up to go to the iron, keep my beverage upstairs so I have to go up and down the stairs. I have a bad hip that keeps me from sitting for long periods, have to keep moving. And in the winter I use my elliptical while watching TV.