Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!  Winner is Createfourpaws >

Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize! Winner is Createfourpaws

Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize! Winner is Createfourpaws

Old 10-22-2011, 03:56 AM

Thank you for the advice and the prayers, it's really appreciated! Penny
Old 10-22-2011, 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by JHolm
Good Morning everyone!

Penny, sorry to hear about your surgery but I think you'll feel much better when it's over. I agree with others, try to walk asap and move as soon as you can. Holding pillow to the belly helps. My prayers are with you starting now.

Sandy, Sorry for your loss. Just take things one day at a time and use this board for support. We will give you all we can. Prayers to you and mom. Don't worry to much about the weight it will get back in shape.

Nancia, Good for you getting a lawyer. That's how I did it. It was a difficult thing to admit that I couldn't work any longer but I knew I couldn't. I still have times when I'm feeling better and think well maybe but by the next day I just can't even deal being around people and know that I made the right choice. It sure changes your income and medical but eventually it all works out. My prayers are with you.

Missy, I jotted down your cookie recipe, I think they'd be good to take to church. Question: What temp do you bake them at?

Went to LQS to find kids print to make prayer quilt for Arianna and hanging on the wall was the perfest quilt. It's flannel and called Tree of Life. All it is is a panel with a tree and birds with boxes of butterflies and birds, a border of free flyin birds, a narrow border of teal with white polka dots and a wider border with pink and yellow and green flowers. A perfect little girls quilt. Not to babish but big enough she can grow into. If I had a camera I'd take a picture. I'm over half done. I hope to get it done today so I can take it to church to have prayers said for Arianna and give it to our Pastor so he can deliver it next week.

Well I'm off to finish my Sat morning chores (laundry) and work on the quilt.

Have a good day everyone. Get ER done, One Day at a Time!
I bake them at 350 for about 10-12 minutes.

Missy
Old 10-22-2011, 08:56 AM

I'm back to the bent'n'dent grocery store. My dh is out of oatmeal, his favorite breakfast food.

I just joined Walgreen's Walk With Walgreens. They give you points, bonuses and coupons to use to encourage your walk.
http://walk.walgreens.com/

I made it to the mailbox and back today! I am increasing my steps, but still huffing and puffing. No results back from the tests. I will go by the hosp next week and requests copies of the results. Then I have them in my hot little hands!

I feel like this month will never end. I don't know if it's because I ran out of money so quickly, or just the change of the weather. It feels forever long to me.

I am enjoying the beautiful sunshine and cooler temps, though. I will get out for a little while today and walk while I am out.

What activity will you increase today?
Old 10-22-2011, 09:51 AM

Here is a picture of the snack mats. They will be in the mail today.
Originally Posted by Murphy1
The snack mat is the same as a mug rug. It is larger than a coaster, but smaller than a placemat. I will take a picture of them tomorrow and post them. I am mailing them to 3 little ones and saving the other two for Halloween as the little girls live near by.
Originally Posted by MissyGirl
Originally Posted by Murphy1
I just finished making 5 snack mats for 5 little ones to give on Halloween. I also am making a goodie to go with them . My daughter liked calling it Casper's Crunch - Crispix cereal, pretzels, Reese's pieces, candy corn, cheerios, orange and black gum drops all mixed and melted white chocolate poured over and mixed. Cooled and put in cute Halloween treat bags.

I was okay on the eating today, but they had a tour of a new Whole Foods opening in our town, we went on the tour and received goodie bags. Lots of cool things, I did eat two pieces of chocolate - but I had just a salad for dinner oops, with some onion rings. I will see what the scale says tomorrow.
Wow. I so love Whole Foods. We do not have one here though. :(

What is a snack mat? Sounds like it would be darling to give to the kidlets. The Casper's Crunch sounds soo Yummy!

Missy
Snack mats for some special little people.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]275419[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-275366.jpe  
Old 10-22-2011, 10:43 AM

Nancy, those are adorable!!! I made some snack mats for my grandkids but they were just leftover scraps...yours put mine to shame! But they imspire me to do better :) The mats are awesome to throw into a pool bag or diaper bag for those less them perfectly clean places (picnic tables!!!) when did I get so germ crazy?
Old 10-22-2011, 02:09 PM

Thanks you so much. These were fabrics I won at a guild swap in September. They were fun to make and I found this cute turkey that I will make placemats for Thanksgiving. Thought I could do the same kind of applique of the turkey.
Originally Posted by Beachbound
Nancy, those are adorable!!! I made some snack mats for my grandkids but they were just leftover scraps...yours put mine to shame! But they imspire me to do better :) The mats are awesome to throw into a pool bag or diaper bag for those less them perfectly clean places (picnic tables!!!) when did I get so germ crazy?
Attached Thumbnails attachment-275515.png  
Old 10-22-2011, 02:24 PM

Beautiful snack mats. I am going to have to make some myself.

I am still hurting but getting a little better each day, I still get winded in all walking even taking it slow.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Cindy
Old 10-22-2011, 10:40 PM

cindy-- every time i look at your avatar, i just see how much your puppy loves you. it is the sweetest picture!
mj-- your walking sounds great! keep it up you will get stronger and stronger. don't you just HATE waiting for results? i'm figuring i'm not in danger of a brain explosion since my neurologist hasn"t called. damn, guess i'll live. my favorite holiday is halloween, but this year i'm ignoring it. no decorations and no bags of candy. my husband did buy me a hat, with a black veil which i wore as we walked around the store. a little boy came up to me and asked me if i was a witch. of course, i said yes! see why i don't post a photo! (cackle. cackle!) just think, next year i will be a thinner witch!
keep up the good work! i'm busy drinking and running to you know where!lol but my weight seems to go up.....
Old 10-22-2011, 11:33 PM

Sandy, so sorry to hear about your sister, that has got to be so hard. You and your family are in my prayers.
Old 10-23-2011, 02:36 AM

Good morn,all. Had a good day yest.Sunny & nice, perfect for a drive to the Amish area.We buy meat there,so took our list & stocked up,DH went in bakery for a pie & rolls.....then we headed for my fav quilt shops.
Found a few cuts of batiks....for the my next quilt or throw. Think I have about enough,so will start cutting fabric this wk.
Had a 6" Subway for lunch,no mayo & baked lays.Still doing ok with my healthy eating plan,another pd down.Not a lot, but I'll take it.