Odd difference

Old 07-04-2017, 03:38 PM

Default Odd difference

Walmart has the Morning Glory Cluster Stuff polyfill (sixteen ounce) for a little over $3...Amazon is selling same size for a little over $11...crazy. It seems to be very popular, and I need some for animal shelter pet beds. Plus I understand it makes fantastic pillows. Anyway, just surprised at the difference in price, unless Walmart just had an excess of this particular polyfil.
Old 07-04-2017, 04:52 PM
Power Poster

Buying things on line is not always saving one money. I bought a batik remanent from WalMart a couple of weeks ago. I did not look to see how many bolts of it they carry. They really have lots of nice fabric now.
Old 07-05-2017, 02:24 AM

A lady in my guild uses all the scraps to stuff the animal shelter pet beds. We all started saving the pieces that are too tiny to even make scrap quilts from. The shelter is glad to get them. I even bought one and my kitty loves to lay on it in the sun. It is made of fleece and stuffed with the scraps.
Old 07-05-2017, 04:11 AM

Originally Posted by lass View Post
A lady in my guild uses all the scraps to stuff the animal shelter pet beds. We all started saving the pieces that are too tiny to even make scrap quilts from. The shelter is glad to get them. I even bought one and my kitty loves to lay on it in the sun. It is made of fleece and stuffed with the scraps.
Some of their pillows get really heavy when wet.
I try to keep them on the light side for their laundry equipment.
Old 07-05-2017, 04:36 AM

companies can offer great deals when they buy in bulk. Plus, amazon sells to a lot of people who aren't close to stores and its easier to order it and have it delivered, that's their market.
Old 07-05-2017, 05:22 AM

I also make the pet beds and fill them with fabric scraps. Last year at retreat I brought a couple of empty fabric bags and collected others scraps tomato the beds. I ended up with 4 beds. I have a pile of pet bed I need to deliver right now.
Old 07-05-2017, 05:35 AM

I have 5 large bags of stuffing fabric but not sure how to proceed with these pet. beds Do you stuff tight or loose, channel or just fill whole pillow at once? Thanks for ideas....
Old 07-05-2017, 05:42 AM

I have found batting on sale at Walmart that was almost given away free. I love their fabrics even if at times I think they are a little thin. I don't sew heirloom quilts so I don't expect them to last forever. When I want to make a really special quilt, I will go to my LQS or on the Internet to buy my fabrics.
Old 07-05-2017, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
I have 5 large bags of stuffing fabric but not sure how to proceed with these pet. beds Do you stuff tight or loose, channel or just fill whole pillow at once? Thanks for ideas....
Here's the tutorial I have used forever...really simple and work up so fast. It has a little tube around the top for the animal to lay their head on. My cats use them all the time, and I donate the others I make up to the animal shelter. I volunteer at the animal shelter, and some the pillows donated get very heavy in the wash. Use your judgment on the best filling. I use the Morning Glory...light weight and doesn't bunch up.

http://prettylittlethings.typepad.co...-or-kitty.html
Old 07-07-2017, 04:59 PM

When I donate pet beds I tell them to not be afraid to toss them into the garbage when they get dirty. I have about 50¢ invested in them and lots of scraps to stuff them with. Also sometimes make covers for them that can be removed and washed.