Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Off to a slow start

Blog Entries

Off to a slow start

I hope everyone has a great year this year. I realize I am late with my well wishes. But, my year has started off to be just as busy as the old one ended. I am finding that I have less and less time for completing my own projects which is a good thing. But, I sure do have an ache in me that can only be satisfied with a needle and thread. So, as my new year resolution, I vow to finish at least half of my UFO's and learn at least 3 new quilty things this year on my long arm. Happy New Year everyone! What are your New Year's resolutions?
    A finished quilt excites me!! Whether is it mine or yours!

Blog Entries
    well, mine is just go walk into my sewing room and stay there rather than walk back out!!!

Blog Entries
    Oh, my girl, you are not the only one struggling to move ahead. I spent the last two weeks in December with family in California (wonderful visit) but came back with a bad cold. So I've done nothing so far this year except what is required. Today I have vowed to start making some changes. My entire house is a mess by now, so where do I start?!! LOL! Also my sewing/crafting room has to be redone. That will be a major project for 2016. Happy New Year!
    Novie
    Working my way through life, one block at a time.

Power Poster
    I really don't make resolutions because I feel bad if I don't meet them. My goals are to keep working on my scrap blocks. They are coming along nicely but since there is no pressure, I just sit down and sew a few when I am in the mood.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
    I really don't make resolutions because I feel bad if I don't meet them. My goals are to keep working on my scrap blocks. They are coming along nicely but since there is no pressure, I just sit down and sew a few when I am in the mood.
    Same here. Just going to make the best of it and deal with it.

I'm with the no resolutions crowd. Plus my quilting mojo comes and goes and I just go with the flow. We moved recently and I have my own quilting room. It is very pleasant but I am still not motivated to actually sew anything. I did finish a jellyroll race that I brought with me. But it needs backing fabric. there is a lovely quilt shop about 2 miles from here. I haven't darkened their door. When I am ready to jump back in I think it will be a good place for me.
    Alyce

Well, I HAD lots of plans BUT they went by the wayside, temporarily, since I broke my fibula, tibia and dislocated my ankle, so I'm out of commission for 6-8 weeks.

I want to finish what I start this year. And I also realized that not starting so many piles in my sewing room should be another resolution. Happy New Year!
    Lori

Quote Originally Posted by nativetexan View Post
    well, mine is just go walk into my sewing room and stay there rather than walk back out!!!
    nativetexas, I love this one!!! It seems I've been doing a bit of that myself. But each time I do walk in, before hurrying out I pick just one thing to either put back in place, discard, or dust off (LOL !) My goal this year is to be able to SEE some (hmm- or maybe most) of the surface areas.

Leesa, I hope things settle down soon for you and yours. You deserve a break. But good for you that you are determined to include doing something for yourself.
    One step at a time, always forward.

To finish off any overdue items that have been looking at me for far too long - especially the hexies that I have been working on for many years and to use up what is in my stash only unless I need to buy a piece that I do not have to match in with the project that I am working on.

Good luck everyone working on their resolutions.

NONE. Yes, when you quilt for others, there is little time left for your own quilting. That is why I don't miss quilting for others anymore.
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

Blog Entries
    This is mine: and I hope others pick up on it! When I see this I make a point of doing something nice.

Name:  DSC06322.JPG
Views: 154
Size:  232.2 KB
    no act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. Aesop

Blog Entries
    I'd love to FIND it mine...
    Never let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.

Blog Entries
    So far all I've done is either hunt for a new house or pack in preparation to move. Landlords are selling and they gave me a whole 17 days notice to move. I'm 11 days late and counting.

Blog Entries
    If I was to make any kind of resolutions, it would be to quit saying I've got to do something with a large tote box of tops that need backing, batting, and quilted and just get it done.

Blog Entries
    yikes...Stitch, that just doesn't seem fair. I wish you all the best... it certainly is a challenging time of year to move.
    Last edited by jmoore; 01-10-2016 at 04:23 AM. Reason: to add Stitch123
    attitude is everything...the rest will fall into place.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Stitchit123 View Post
    So far all I've done is either hunt for a new house or pack in preparation to move. Landlords are selling and they gave me a whole 17 days notice to move. I'm 11 days late and counting.
    You should have renters rights. Check your lease.
    Never let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.

Super Member citruscountyquilter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pocoellie View Post
    Well, I HAD lots of plans BUT they went by the wayside, temporarily, since I broke my fibula, tibia and dislocated my ankle, so I'm out of commission for 6-8 weeks.
    Oh my, that sounds so painful. I hope you have a speedy recovery

Blog Entries
    I think lots of us are in the same boat. My last few months were busy and hectic as my daughters twins decided to be born 2 months early and after a month in the hospital they came home and a few weeks later her whole family, which has 4 kids in it now moved in with me. I had to rearrange my whole house. I had been sleeping downstairs due to foot surgery in Aug so I kept that room even though its really small and gave them the two upstairs. I had to move things around alot just to have a large tree, which when there are kids you have to do. It hasn't stopped. I haven't sewen anything except a fast throw for my grandson for Christmas. I can't even find alot of my stuff since the two bedrooms downstairs were my sewing, serging, felting, sashiko, etc rooms. A few more months and hopefully I'll have my house back to myself.
    Judy

oh, that is priceless! But so true some days!

oh oh wow, how?

Geri B-took a couple of steps and slipped on the snow.

Geri B-took a couple of steps and slipped on the snow.
    Be careful that stuff is bad. Friend fell yesterday and was carrying stuff to motor home and broke both ankles, one not to bad and one she had surgery today. Hard to heal as we get older too.

Blog Entries
    So busy last year and just not doing much now except watching football--lol ! Enjoying the winter quiet. No resolutions for me.

As with many of you, I do not make resolutions, however, I am going to a four day retreat in two weeks and I am only taking UFO"s. When I redid my sewing room, I cleverly (because I was fooling myself that this would make me organized) placed all my UFO's in plastic boxes, labeled and tried to place them neatly in a wooden wardrobe that I had designated as their new home. And of course, they would not all fit and as I tried different configurations, they seemed to multiply. So, I am going to work on getting my ufo's down to a size that I can atleast store and am not signing up for any classes that will evolved into more UFO's. That being said, I just remembered I am in a new BOM that begins Wednesday, so I better get crackin' on those UFO's.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast