Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Off to a slow start (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/off-slow-start-t274301.html)

#1piecemaker 01-09-2016 07:59 AM

Off to a slow start

I hope everyone has a great year this year. I realize I am late with my well wishes. But, my year has started off to be just as busy as the old one ended. I am finding that I have less and less time for completing my own projects which is a good thing. But, I sure do have an ache in me that can only be satisfied with a needle and thread. So, as my new year resolution, I vow to finish at least half of my UFO's and learn at least 3 new quilty things this year on my long arm. Happy New Year everyone! What are your New Year's resolutions?

nativetexan 01-09-2016 08:48 AM

well, mine is just go walk into my sewing room and stay there rather than walk back out!!!

Novice.for.now 01-09-2016 09:01 AM

Oh, my girl, you are not the only one struggling to move ahead. I spent the last two weeks in December with family in California (wonderful visit) but came back with a bad cold. So I've done nothing so far this year except what is required. Today I have vowed to start making some changes. My entire house is a mess by now, so where do I start?!! LOL! Also my sewing/crafting room has to be redone. That will be a major project for 2016. Happy New Year!

Tartan 01-09-2016 09:34 AM

I really don't make resolutions because I feel bad if I don't meet them. My goals are to keep working on my scrap blocks. They are coming along nicely but since there is no pressure, I just sit down and sew a few when I am in the mood.

tessagin 01-09-2016 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by Tartan (Post 7428807)
I really don't make resolutions because I feel bad if I don't meet them. My goals are to keep working on my scrap blocks. They are coming along nicely but since there is no pressure, I just sit down and sew a few when I am in the mood.

Same here. Just going to make the best of it and deal with it.

Stitchnripper 01-09-2016 09:53 AM

I'm with the no resolutions crowd. Plus my quilting mojo comes and goes and I just go with the flow. We moved recently and I have my own quilting room. It is very pleasant but I am still not motivated to actually sew anything. I did finish a jellyroll race that I brought with me. But it needs backing fabric. there is a lovely quilt shop about 2 miles from here. I haven't darkened their door. When I am ready to jump back in I think it will be a good place for me.

pocoellie 01-09-2016 10:21 AM

Well, I HAD lots of plans BUT they went by the wayside, temporarily, since I broke my fibula, tibia and dislocated my ankle, so I'm out of commission for 6-8 weeks.

Doggramma 01-09-2016 11:56 AM

I want to finish what I start this year. And I also realized that not starting so many piles in my sewing room should be another resolution. Happy New Year!

GailG 01-09-2016 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by nativetexan (Post 7428763)
well, mine is just go walk into my sewing room and stay there rather than walk back out!!!

nativetexas, I love this one!!! It seems I've been doing a bit of that myself. But each time I do walk in, before hurrying out I pick just one thing to either put back in place, discard, or dust off (LOL !) My goal this year is to be able to SEE some (hmm- or maybe most) of the surface areas.

Leesa, I hope things settle down soon for you and yours. You deserve a break. But good for you that you are determined to include doing something for yourself.

busy fingers 01-09-2016 12:11 PM

To finish off any overdue items that have been looking at me for far too long - especially the hexies that I have been working on for many years and to use up what is in my stash only unless I need to buy a piece that I do not have to match in with the project that I am working on.

Good luck everyone working on their resolutions.