Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Off to a slow start (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/off-slow-start-t274301.html)

ManiacQuilter2 01-09-2016 02:08 PM

NONE. Yes, when you quilt for others, there is little time left for your own quilting. That is why I don't miss quilting for others anymore.

ube quilting 01-09-2016 02:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is mine: and I hope others pick up on it! When I see this I make a point of doing something nice.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]539768[/ATTACH]

miriam 01-10-2016 03:56 AM

Originally Posted by nativetexan (Post 7428763)
well, mine is just go walk into my sewing room and stay there rather than walk back out!!!

I'd love to FIND it mine...

Stitchit123 01-10-2016 04:08 AM

So far all I've done is either hunt for a new house or pack in preparation to move. Landlords are selling and they gave me a whole 17 days notice to move. I'm 11 days late and counting.

sandy l 01-10-2016 04:17 AM

If I was to make any kind of resolutions, it would be to quit saying I've got to do something with a large tote box of tops that need backing, batting, and quilted and just get it done.:)

jmoore 01-10-2016 04:22 AM

yikes...Stitch, that just doesn't seem fair. I wish you all the best... it certainly is a challenging time of year to move.

miriam 01-10-2016 04:24 AM

Originally Posted by Stitchit123 (Post 7429429)
So far all I've done is either hunt for a new house or pack in preparation to move. Landlords are selling and they gave me a whole 17 days notice to move. I'm 11 days late and counting.

You should have renters rights. Check your lease.

citruscountyquilter 01-10-2016 04:32 AM

Originally Posted by pocoellie (Post 7428854)
Well, I HAD lots of plans BUT they went by the wayside, temporarily, since I broke my fibula, tibia and dislocated my ankle, so I'm out of commission for 6-8 weeks.

Oh my, that sounds so painful. I hope you have a speedy recovery

romanojg 01-10-2016 04:33 AM

I think lots of us are in the same boat. My last few months were busy and hectic as my daughters twins decided to be born 2 months early and after a month in the hospital they came home and a few weeks later her whole family, which has 4 kids in it now moved in with me. I had to rearrange my whole house. I had been sleeping downstairs due to foot surgery in Aug so I kept that room even though its really small and gave them the two upstairs. I had to move things around alot just to have a large tree, which when there are kids you have to do. It hasn't stopped. I haven't sewen anything except a fast throw for my grandson for Christmas. I can't even find alot of my stuff since the two bedrooms downstairs were my sewing, serging, felting, sashiko, etc rooms. A few more months and hopefully I'll have my house back to myself.

Geri B 01-10-2016 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by nativetexan (Post 7428763)
well, mine is just go walk into my sewing room and stay there rather than walk back out!!!

oh, that is priceless! But so true some days!