Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Off Topic:  Anyone here ordered from Woman Within? >

Off Topic: Anyone here ordered from Woman Within?

Off Topic: Anyone here ordered from Woman Within?

Old 04-12-2011, 11:18 AM

My daughter gave me a catalog for Woman Within for sizes 12w to 44w. I see some things that look interesting and the prices appear to be good but am curious about what kind of quality of workmanship and fabric these garments are made of. If any of you have purchased from them I would be anxious to know what your thoughts are. Thanks, Ann in TN
Old 04-12-2011, 11:23 AM

Ann, with these people you get what you pay for. The super cheap stuff is cheap, but if that is what you need it is great. The medium priced things are quite nice! I buy most of my clothes with them, and am ususally quite pleased with the product!
Old 04-12-2011, 11:23 AM

I have ordered a lot of tee shirts. They are good quality for the price. I have two henley's that have "pilled" a lot but the rest have held up well. I wore and washed the henley's a lot to I think it is just standard wear. They fit well and I like their fashions and the products I have purchased so far. It a good company. Watch their sales, that is your best value.
Old 04-12-2011, 11:27 AM

I've ordered and agree that you get what you pay for. I usually buy t-shirts when they're on sale. I don't like the cotton/poly mix so I make sure I buy 100% cotton.
Old 04-12-2011, 11:34 AM

One other comment -- the sizes are not consistent between the brands. Some seem to run large. Otherwise, I have been fairly pleased. If you decide to return anything, you will have to pay the shipping.
Old 04-12-2011, 11:57 AM

Most of my wardrobe comes from Woman Within. The quality is better than Catherines (another plus size chain) and the prices are terrific. Once you order from them, be prepared for a deluge of special offers. And pay attention to them, because they do send out some really good ones. I got one just the other day for 30% off your entire order and yesterday another one for 20% off your entire order plus free shipping.

They have a lot of cotton clothing which I love - yes you have to iron it, but it's worth it when you live in a hot, humid climate. :)

The sizes for most things has seemed to run large. The Ponte di Roma pants are the one exception - they run small and short.

My favorite jeans are the wide leg stretch with elastic at the sides. They come in a bunch of colors and they're so soft, it's like wearing pajamas. I'm too tall to get the regular sizes, so I always get talls and then just hem them up a tad. The talls are VERY tall - 34-36" inseams.

The shirts are always quite long, too - this is a plus for me because that's how I like them - long and loose. It's too hot here for form-fitting clothes and my form isn't one I want to fit, anyway. ;)

I have been very happy with the quality of everything I've bought from them, especially considering the low prices and coupon savings. I don't have to sew the buttons on as soon as I get something, which is another nice plus. I have a few cotton shirts that I've worn half to death but they still look nice and not so much as a loose button or thread on any of them.

The one thing I didn't like was that I bought two poly blend sweat suits for winter - the fabric pilled badly in only a couple of washings. Other than that, I love their clothes! :)
Old 04-12-2011, 12:05 PM

I agree, the sizes run large.
Old 04-12-2011, 02:48 PM
Power Poster

Thanks for the question, I have been wondering also.
Old 04-12-2011, 03:09 PM

I love their clothes, also. Yes, the sizes run large.

The bargains are great. Last summer I got a really pretty church dress for $5!

Happy Shopping!
Old 04-12-2011, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by debp33
I agree, the sizes run large.
I like their stuff, but pay attention to the size chart.