Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Off the topic of quilting for a minute - you might like to know this. >

Off the topic of quilting for a minute - you might like to know this.

Off the topic of quilting for a minute - you might like to know this.

Old 04-11-2011, 11:33 AM

Leather pants can be put in water with the person in then...yep fit like a glove i use wd-40 on my work gloves spray and wear.
Old 04-11-2011, 12:29 PM

This really works? You think it would dissolve the glue or something. Makes me want to run back to the thrift store and get back the shoes I gave them. Next time I'll give this a try. I usually only buy leather shoes.
Old 04-11-2011, 01:24 PM

A shoe salesperson told me to wet the inside of my too tight leather shoes with rubbing alcohol and then wear them. I have done this with several pairs and it works great. They dry pretty quickly too. So far I haven't ruined any of my shoes.
Old 04-11-2011, 01:27 PM

That's interesting...When my daughter used to buy new hockey skates that were a little tight, they used to have her put the skates on and then put her feet in this heater thing that molded the skates to her feet. Similar concept....
Old 04-11-2011, 01:38 PM

My college age child wears Uggs in the winter. Her light beige pair was looking pretty crummy and she wanted a new pair which she got for Christmas. Later a friend came over and saw her old ones which she just wears when it rains now and said, "you need to put those in the washer". She ran them though a cycle and hung them up to dry and they look like new. I would never have done that. Learn something new all the time.
Old 04-11-2011, 01:55 PM

I have 2 pair of shoes sitting next to the door to take to shoe repair, as one is tighter than the other, so thanks for the hint. Will try it.
Old 04-11-2011, 04:13 PM

I've done that with shoes ,but I just ran hot water from the faucet into the shoes and poured it out an then put them on and wear them. It works.
Old 04-11-2011, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by redvette54
When I was a kid, I lived with my grandparents. We always had horses. Anytime we got a new pair of cowboy boots, they went into the horse water and you wore them the rest of the day. Those boots fit like a glove.
Just what I was getting ready to say. Every time I get a new pair of boots, I soak them in warm water in the tub and then let them partially dry and wear them the rest of the day. Perfect fit every time!
Old 04-11-2011, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by Airwick156
I wear diabetic shoes. When I got my last pair, I was told to wear them for 15 minutes the first day and take them off. The second day wear them for 30 minutes and take them off. The third day wear them for 45 minutes and take them off. The fourth day wear them for 1 hour and then take them off. The fifth day wear them as long as I wanted to.
It was the easiest thing to break in the new shoes. And its some good advice and I didn't get any blisters on the backs of my heels.
I am also supposed to wear diabetic shoes, and got the same advice. After the fourth day, I gave them away. Not worth the pain. Good to know they work for you. BTW, what size do you wear? :lol:
Old 04-11-2011, 09:32 PM

Have a pair of leather mules that squeak constantly.
Wonder if the boiling water would help them?