Is it offensive?

Old 12-23-2010, 09:32 AM
Power Poster

Some people walk around just waiting for someone to say Merry, Happy, whatever so they can lamblast them. The world is full of creeps. I say Merry Christmas unless I know the person does not celebrate Christmas. I don't care if anyone does or doesn't, why do they think anyone would want to care what they celebrate anyway. I had one woman tell me she did not appreciate me saying Merry Christmas since she was not a Christian. I said okay then Pooh on You. Is that nicer then Merry Christmas to you? I have had people say Happy Kwanza or Happy Hanukkah to me I say Thank You like any decent person would.
Old 12-23-2010, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by Sadiemae
I think some people like to be offended.
I agree! They will look for a reason no matter what you say!
Old 12-23-2010, 09:46 AM
mim

when I was in Russia and a person sneezed, the automatic reply was God bless you -- and the normal goodby was God go with you. (in Russian of course) And none of my friends were any religion at all.

I have been happily surprised here to have most store personell say Merry Christmas -- including the produce man who was wishing everyone Feliz Navidad which so surprised me that I said it back to him
Old 12-23-2010, 09:56 AM

Funny thing is that it appears to me (from the media, etc)that it is a segment of Christians that is offended by Happy Holidays or Merry Xmas while more non-Christians take the thought in mind behind Merry Christmas and overlook the rest.

That being said, I wish for every one peace, health, love and prosperity. Merry Christmas if it applies. If not, please enjoy your time with family and friends.