An old photo of me

Old 12-23-2010, 03:12 PM

Best wishes for you both.
Old 12-23-2010, 03:35 PM

Congrats to you and your Son :thumbup:
Old 12-23-2010, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by morelcabin
That is awesome! Congrats to you and your son! I have a son that went down that road too, into drug addiction. And guess what...I disowned him after dealing with alot of dangerous behavior for too many years. I know alot of people don't understand 'disowning' but it comes at great cost and many many many tears and sleepless nights. When your drug addicted son breaks into your home and ****edited**** just to show how much he disrespects you...are you going to go in there and give him a hug and tell him how much you love him? People have no idea what parents of these children go through
ANYWAY...I too am very happy to say that my son has also been clean for about a year now and will be home with all of us this Christmas for the first time in 8 years. And yes. we love him very very very much!

I am very happy to see that you and your son have come through this!
What you did was a right way to go when it gets to where you don't feel safe in your own home, it's called - Tuff Love - and yes it would be the most hardest way to be forced to show your love , but there comes a time in some family's homes that they leave you no other recourse.. I'm so Happy that he has pulled his self up and now will be back home for Christmas with his loved ones, a Joyous Christmas it will be!!!
Old 12-23-2010, 03:44 PM
kbs

It is so great when I hear a story like this.
Old 12-23-2010, 04:05 PM

Several years ago, I wrote him a letter, a very blunt letter. We didn't speak for a couple of years. Then out of the blue I get a call. He is in jail and they took his kids.

He checked into rehab a couple of weeks after that.

I have no illusions about him staying clean, if he is strong enough he will stay that way. This whole ordeal with his kids shook him up. I do think he knows what is at stake.

Thank you all for your kind words and encouragement.
Old 12-23-2010, 04:17 PM

I'm so happy for you. It will be nice when you can count his sobriety in years rather than months. My son has been sober for almost 3 years and I (and sometimes I think even he) can't believe how he has changed. Mike landed in the hospital and his doctors (5 of them!) told him if he took another drink he would be dead. His "real" friends were there for him and he's been lucky to have them because some other of his friends could only be his friend if he was drinking with them. I know that a life-changing event has to come about before these young men wake up. Thank God your son found out he has his kids to think of, not just himself. Good luck!
Old 12-23-2010, 04:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk
Several years ago, I wrote him a letter, a very blunt letter. We didn't speak for a couple of years. Then out of the blue I get a call. He is in jail and they took his kids.

I have no illusions about him staying clean, if he is strong enough he will stay that way. This whole ordeal with his kids shook him up. I do think he knows what is at stake.

My hope and prayer for you and yours this Christmas...that your wonderful son enjoys another year of sobriety, and that the love between you grows stonger than ever!
Old 12-23-2010, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by morelcabin
Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk

My hope and prayer for you and yours this Christmas...that your wonderful son enjoys another year of sobriety, and that the love between you grows stonger than ever!
Thank you, Merry Christmas, my friend.
Old 12-23-2010, 05:51 PM

Congrats to your son and to you!
Old 12-23-2010, 06:07 PM

Congratulations and continued success. One day at a time.... It's good to have support.