An old photo of me

Old 12-24-2010, 07:49 AM

I am sooo proud right along with you!!!
Thank God!!!
Old 12-24-2010, 09:07 AM

There is nothing like a mother's love. Anthony is one lucky man to have anyone in his life who loves him unconditionally. Anyone who has alcoholism in their life understands the pain of it. No one should be condemned for stepping out of the life of an alcoholic. Tolerance for pain is individual; some can take it to the end; death or sobriety. Others have to walk away to survive. Congratulations to you both for having the will and tolerance to survive. It is an accomplishment of a lifetime.
Old 12-24-2010, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by morelcabin
That is awesome! Congrats to you and your son! I have a son that went down that road too, into drug addiction. And guess what...I disowned him after dealing with alot of dangerous behavior for too many years. I know alot of people don't understand 'disowning' but it comes at great cost and many many many tears and sleepless nights. When your drug addicted son breaks into your home and ****edited**** just to show how much he disrespects you...are you going to go in there and give him a hug and tell him how much you love him? People have no idea what parents of these children go through
ANYWAY...I too am very happy to say that my son has also been clean for about a year now and will be home with all of us this Christmas for the first time in 8 years. And yes. we love him very very very much!

I am very happy to see that you and your son have come through this!
Tough love is the hardest kind, but sometimes the only way to success. May your family celebration is full of joy!
Old 12-24-2010, 09:11 AM

for you and your son, a very happy christmas and holiday season and wishing him much health, happiness and prosperity in 2011 and beyond. I hope his success can be inspiration for others who need it.
Old 12-24-2010, 09:12 AM

What strength in a support system, and you have one here. May each day be prayerfully successful for your son and continued celebration for you. Merry Christmas as you celebrate together.
Old 12-24-2010, 09:16 AM

God bless you both. You both worked very hard and will now reap the rewards. Merry Christmas and a prosperous New Year
Old 12-24-2010, 09:29 AM

Way to go Anthony! Keep working the program. The program works if you work the program. My DH is clean for 19 YEARS!!!!!
Old 12-24-2010, 09:41 AM

I'm so happy for you and your son!
Nice picture.
Thank you for sharing the good news!
Old 12-24-2010, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by 3cats
Good Morning Chasing Hawk.

I know the road you have traveled... It is not a happy one, so today I send you and your son many congratulations.

Have you ever tried Al-anon??? That saved me and gave me great peace. Al-anon is for family and friends and shows us how we can can take control of our own lives and regain sanity in our lives. Wonderful program.

Julie - Florida
No

Wakan Tanka guides me down the Red Road.
Old 12-24-2010, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by llong0233
There is nothing like a mother's love. Anthony is one lucky man to have anyone in his life who loves him unconditionally. Anyone who has alcoholism in their life understands the pain of it. No one should be condemned for stepping out of the life of an alcoholic. Tolerance for pain is individual; some can take it to the end; death or sobriety. Others have to walk away to survive. Congratulations to you both for having the will and tolerance to survive. It is an accomplishment of a lifetime.
Alcohol and that evil vile mistress called Meth was his vice.

He is spending Christmas with his younger sister and brother in law, Raiden and Miss Bella.