Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
One picture worth a 1000 words >

One picture worth a 1000 words

One picture worth a 1000 words

Old 06-16-2010, 07:43 AM

Cute pic. We should have stripped Olivia. I gave her a bath afterwards. Did your little one have any reactions? Olivia's face was stained red for a couple of hours. She also had a bad night keeping Mom and Dad up due to all the sugar.
Old 06-16-2010, 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by MN QUILTLADY
What a cutie, hope you took lots of photos-she'll love them when she looks back to the years ahead.
I took 63 pics. Her daddy did stills and a movie. Plus the other Grandma and Aunts taking pic.
Old 06-16-2010, 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by sharon b
Great job on the doll :thumbup: She will love it for ever ! And so soft and snuggly :mrgreen:

I love the cake pics, and then they always raise their arms for mom and dad to pick them up :lol:
Actually I gave her the bath after the cake. She had frosting in her nose, ears, hair. She stilled smelled like frosting after the bath. She got another bath before bed.
Old 06-16-2010, 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by craftybear
how cute, thanks for sharing!

did you make the doll a baby doll quilt for her also
I did make her baby doll. She is wearing the outfit Olivia came home from the hospital. I sewed the hat on. I made her out of Minki. Olivia loves soft cuddly things.
Old 06-16-2010, 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by QBeth
Did anyone else notice that Olivia's highchair is a Graco "Neat Seat"??? Too funny!

Lovely little lady. You must really enjoy her!
Enjoy her we do. We have two DGS that are 26 &23. We were not part of their childhood as they lived out of state. She will be the last one and only GD. I want to spend as much time as possible with her. We do live 90 minutes away so we usually see her every other week end.
Old 06-16-2010, 07:52 AM

Thank you everyone for you sweet remarks. She is our joy. I love to hear her shriek with laughter when I play with her. I am usually sore after a visit with her bc we play together. I am the only grandparent that can get in the floor with her so I do.
Old 06-16-2010, 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by Olivia's Grammy
Cute pic. We should have stripped Olivia. I gave her a bath afterwards. Did your little one have any reactions? Olivia's face was stained red for a couple of hours. She also had a bad night keeping Mom and Dad up due to all the sugar.
We had to get her in the shower, then a bath. Sadly the amount of sugar really didn't effect her. Mainly because her twit of a Mom would rather feed her junk instead of anything nourishing.
Her and her siblings would cringe at dinner time at my house, there was always something "green" on the plate. (and it wasn't the pattern on the plate..........lol)
Old 06-16-2010, 08:07 AM

The sugar really bother Olivia bc her Mom has made all her food. It was her first time with that much sugar. She also had a little bit of ice cream. She had her annual dr appointment Mon. The doctor told her parents she would have had a better reaction if she had eaten the cake on a full stomach, of protein and veggies. Live and learn.
Old 06-16-2010, 08:13 AM

They are so cute at that age.
Old 06-16-2010, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by Olivia's Grammy
The sugar really bother Olivia bc her Mom has made all her food. It was her first time with that much sugar. She also had a little bit of ice cream. She had her annual dr appointment Mon. The doctor told her parents she would have had a better reaction if she had eaten the cake on a full stomach, of protein and veggies. Live and learn.
Makes sense, it was not unusual to see my grand kids with bags of chips and sodas in their rooms, cause their Mom is a doofus. :shock: