Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 32

Thread: Oops! Too many boxes! All this quilt board's fault!

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    950
    A few days ago Favorite Fabrics posted a note about trying the new flat rate Priority Mail game box size.

    I have an office closet full of every Priority Mail box size, except that one; as I do quite a bit of shipping.

    So, I says to myself, I need to try this, because the post said it worked great for bolts of fabric.

    I asked for 3, get that just 3 individual boxes, to try. They came bringing me 3 cartons, each one containing 25 boxes. So I now have 75 boxes. Whew!!

    I blame this on the quilting board discussions. I never would have thought to try this otherwise (smiles).

    Seriously, I have now posted here in my town a couple of messages ... in case anyone local can use some boxes!!

    It is all good, and my son is laughing and laughing, but he carried them in for me.

  2. #2
    Power Poster
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    20,099
    Gotta read the "fine print" - - - -

  3. #3
    Power Poster amma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Out searching for some sunshine :-)
    Posts
    59,088
    Blog Entries
    1
    LOL Let the shipping begin :wink: :D:D:D

  4. #4
    Super Member mhunt1717's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Posts
    1,510
    That's a lot of boxes!

  5. #5
    Super Member TonnieLoree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    La Grande, OR
    Posts
    2,458
    OMG! Too funny!

  6. #6
    Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    17,462
    Hee hee
    But good that you have a nice son :D

  7. #7
    Super Member fayzer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Destin, Fl
    Posts
    1,881
    Blog Entries
    1
    Hey, you can send me a bolt anytime you want to! ;)

  8. #8
    Super Member moonwork42029's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Possum Trot, KY
    Posts
    4,043
    Ha...I thought I was ordering "4" and got 4 cases also... oh well, I'm sharing with the armory so we can send stuff in our deployed family. You can really stuff the game box with a ton of stuff!

  9. #9
    Super Member Airwick156's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Grants Pass, Oregon
    Posts
    3,558
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by moonwork42029
    Ha...I thought I was ordering "4" and got 4 cases also... oh well, I'm sharing with the armory so we can send stuff in our deployed family. You can really stuff the game box with a ton of stuff!
    Oh those actually would be good for Christmas gifts...even if the gift is small...put it in one of those boxes and the receiver will think its something big. LOLOLOL

    Hehe would be funny to put a gift card inside one of them....stuff it full of rocks or paper. Hehehe I'm bad. LOL

  10. #10
    Super Member Chele's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Belle Isle, Florida
    Posts
    6,737
    LOL! If you get tired of storing them, you can bring them to your local post office.

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    950
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwick156
    Quote Originally Posted by moonwork42029
    Ha...I thought I was ordering "4" and got 4 cases also... oh well, I'm sharing with the armory so we can send stuff in our deployed family. You can really stuff the game box with a ton of stuff!
    Oh those actually would be good for Christmas gifts...even if the gift is small...put it in one of those boxes and the receiver will think its something big. LOLOLOL

    Hehe would be funny to put a gift card inside one of them....stuff it full of rocks or paper. Hehehe I'm bad. LOL
    Yeah. You are bad, but funny too. Although, from a child's point of view, it would not be so funny. Someone did that to a son of mine when he was about age 7 or so. They put a chunk of wood in a huge box and wrapped it up. No other present in there. He thought he was getting something nice and instead got a box to play with. I never got over that because he cried so.

    But, for an adult, with a small present and a big box...that might be funny.

  12. #12
    Power Poster
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    20,099
    Quote Originally Posted by purrfectquilts
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwick156
    Quote Originally Posted by moonwork42029
    Ha...I thought I was ordering "4" and got 4 cases also... oh well, I'm sharing with the armory so we can send stuff in our deployed family. You can really stuff the game box with a ton of stuff!
    Oh those actually would be good for Christmas gifts...even if the gift is small...put it in one of those boxes and the receiver will think its something big. LOLOLOL

    Hehe would be funny to put a gift card inside one of them....stuff it full of rocks or paper. Hehehe I'm bad. LOL
    Yeah. You are bad, but funny too. Although, from a child's point of view, it would not be so funny. Someone did that to a son of mine when he was about age 7 or so. They put a chunk of wood in a huge box and wrapped it up. No other present in there. He thought he was getting something nice and instead got a box to play with. I never got over that because he cried so.

    But, for an adult, with a small present and a big box...that might be funny.
    That was just plain mean.

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    950
    Quote Originally Posted by Chele
    LOL! If you get tired of storing them, you can bring them to your local post office.
    I have always done this when we lived in the boonies. They greatly appreciated it...because they could not order the same thing. But, now, I am in a big city, disabled and not able to lift that stuff or carry it as far as I would need to.

    Someone will want them that ships things on a regular basis. It was just too funny a story...had to share.

  14. #14
    Super Member jljack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    North Carolina - But otherwise, NOTW
    Posts
    8,073
    Blog Entries
    9
    The Postman bringeth!!! LOL Always check the "Unit" column for each, box, dzn, 25!! LOL

  15. #15
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Upper Michigan
    Posts
    8,604
    Blog Entries
    14
    Soundslike something ii would do!!

  16. #16
    Senior Member ljfox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    300
    Your local post office will take them off your hands if you don't want them. We aren't allowed to order some of the sizes and stock them but we all hide some behind the counters to give to customers!

  17. #17
    Super Member lauriejo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    3,315
    I did almost the same thing, only I just ordered one. My post office was happy to take them.

  18. #18
    Power Poster blueangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    20,478
    That's a lot of boxes

  19. #19
    Super Member FancyFoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    1,683
    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

  20. #20
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisville, Kentucky
    Posts
    1,959
    Blog Entries
    2
    While ordering supplies for the next year at my school, I ordered 10 large paper clips.... when they arrived I had 10 pkgs of 10 bxs each. My principal said I didn't need to order for the whole school..... ha ha ha

  21. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    950
    Quote Originally Posted by smagruder
    While ordering supplies for the next year at my school, I ordered 10 large paper clips.... when they arrived I had 10 pkgs of 10 bxs each. My principal said I didn't need to order for the whole school..... ha ha ha
    Oh my. That is more amusing than my experience.

  22. #22
    Power Poster
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    13,232
    Too funny!

  23. #23
    Super Member Yooper32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Tippy-top of a ridge in WV
    Posts
    6,355
    You had best start looking for lots of things to sell, LOL.

  24. #24
    Senior Member DebbyT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Novi Michigan
    Posts
    635
    Before I retired 2 years ago, I had someone order 10 boxes. Of course I got 10 heavy boxes to deliver. She was not home so I left them on her porch. A few days later I noticed a stack of priority boxes like the ones I delivered, near the office, and asked the supervisor where they came from. - I just had a feeling. - Now you know the rest of the story.

  25. #25
    rosalia856's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Rosalia856
    Posts
    298
    My daughter has a small business on etsy. She wanted ten boxes.Yes, you guessed it she now has 250 boxes. She is hoping that the post office will take them back if she delivers them. I am still laughing at her. When all else fails read the directions. LOL Have a great day and don't feel boxed in LOL

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.