Oprah's last show

Old 05-25-2011, 03:31 PM

I liked the 2-day special (Monday and Tuesday) with all the celebrity guests, but I missed about 10 minutes at the beginning of the second show. I found it extremely disappointing that neither Sydney Poitier nor John Travolta made an appearance or at least sent a video. Oprah always said how much she loved them. Were they really not there or did I miss it somehow?

Also last week there were commercials that said in a few days Oprah would reveal her favorite guest of all time. I missed that, too. Does anyone know when that show aired and who the favorite guest was?

I did not like her farewell show today at all - just thought it was one big lecture and I didn't find it particularly entertaining or emotional at all - and here I was all prepared to cry for the whole hour!
Old 05-25-2011, 05:07 PM

I likeher final show and hope nothing but the best for her. she has a lot to offer...When she changed her style of show from all scandal stuff to more positive things , it change evereything. and really helpe people to be more positive and how strong we can be if we need to make changes. and only YOU YOURSELF can do that.
Old 05-25-2011, 06:01 PM

I too will miss her show terribly. I record all her shows and watch them when I can. I have learned no much from her and her guests. What an inspiration she is! I wish her nothing but happiness and success with her new OWN network.
Old 05-25-2011, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by Lori S
Here in Chicago its been nothing but Oprah ... her show has been on twice a day .. once in the morning and then again after the light night news. .. they replay the show from that AM.
She has had some powerful shows over the years.
Again ????
I have to be the only person in America that did not watch or tivo it. Sorry I missed it too. Have to see if I can find it tonight. Glad you mentioned that. She's a great lady.
Old 05-26-2011, 03:53 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by jbud2
I didn't get to watch - who was her last guest??
oprah was the only one on the stage her entire hour. a few important audience members were asked to stand.
Old 05-26-2011, 03:56 PM

I have not watched TV for about 11 years unless visiting somewhere or traveling--but not sorry I missed her last
She has deceived SO many people with all that garbage that pretends to be "true" religion...
Old 05-27-2011, 08:59 AM

Yesterday I watched her show and it was a repeat, of course, but I'm glad I did - it was different segments of different shows and right at the beginning they showed the segment in which she announced that John Travelta was her favorite all-time guest. I was so glad, and now I'm satisfied. I haven't yet watched the whole thing (it's on tape), so I don't know if Sidney Poitier was mentioned.

I wish Oprah the best of everything, but so far I have been disappointed in her OWN network. Perhaps the whole thing is geared to a much younger generation than mine, but I have no interest in most of the subjects shown and there are just too, too many repeats of shows from other networks that I have already seen. She's going to have to really step it up before I become a regular viewer. Of course, I was't what you would call a daily viewer of the Oprah Show anyway. Again, many times I just had no interest in the subject matter. Sign of my age, I guess.
Old 05-27-2011, 10:33 AM

I've NEVER seen this. Don't watch TV since many years ago cancelled cable because I got mad at that vicious person on the left on American Idol. Can't think why I didn't do it years before!!
Love the peace and quiet. I watch a much loved CD or video we taped several times a year.
Old 05-27-2011, 10:52 AM

Never watched hardly any of her shows in the last 25 yrs. The ones I did watch was boring. Who wants to hear about other people's problems.
Old 05-27-2011, 11:28 AM

I quit watching when she started having all the celebrity guests. Just not interested.

I liked her from the beginning, she was different from Donahue. It really struck me how, when a guest was having trouble saying something, Donahue would say "Not much time..."-----Oprah would say, "take your time." Just a whole different approach.