Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ott lite for crafts?

Ott lite for crafts?

Hello,

Does anyone have experience with Ott lites from Joann's? I am tempted to get one and they are on sale now. Thanks!
    Quilting is definitely not for the faint of heart.

I have FIVE of them. Two I bought from JAF, two I bought at resale shops and the first one I bought when they first appeared at Quilt Market in the early 90s. They give great light for cutting, sewing and hand sewing.
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

Blog Entries
    I have several too. I love them. I have short ones to move around, and tall ones to sit and Hem stuff.. I've had mine for years with no problem.

Nice! Thanks! That is what I was hoping to hear. I will have to get one (or more) now.
    Quilting is definitely not for the faint of heart.

Blog Entries
    I have five of them 2 pink 2 blues and one green, one by each machine I have set up , I also 5ake one or two on my retreat, I really like mine got them. All on sale half off at joanns
    dare to dream

That's the time to buy them.....half-price! I have 1 of the floor ones (with the gooseneck adjustment). I also have one that has a antique gold finish and it seems to adjust more. But, definitely get one. I don't sew without at least one of them on. I have another light (a recycled one from work). If that ever breaks down, I'll get another Ott-Light!
    You will love it!

DH gave me one for Christmas several years ago and I love it. It can be moved to whatever area I am working in and it gives me such good lighting I don't know how I ever got along without it.

Blog Entries
    I've got one and it practically lights up the whole craft room. It's fantastic.
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

Ott lights are nice, I have one for over my machine. My room was still too dark, I ended up getting a floor lamp & used LED bulbs, I no longer use the ott light other than when I go to retreats.

And if you have a favorite light but it doesn't have an Ott bulb, you can buy just the bulb too.
    A husband is the perfect confidant to tell your secrets to - he can't reveal them to anyone else because he wasn't really listening when you told him!

Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    I have about 6 different Ott lamps -- for reading, at my bedside, in the studio, and portables for workshops. I have seasonal affective disorder and have found these full spectrum lights to be very helpful in the winter.
    They are great for working with colors in fabrics, as overhead fluorescent bulbs make everything yellowish and "off".

Jan in VA
    Jan in VA
    Living in the foothills
    peacefully colors my world.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...bums19552.html

I have several of them, Don't do crafts, desk work without them. Last year I got one of the fancier ones and love it.

I bought a small one at Joann's this fall and can't believe what a difference it makes! It was on sale and I used a coupon also so it was a good buy.

I have four--one floor lamp by my sewing machine and one by my chair in the family room where I do handwork and read. The two smaller ones can be placed wherever they are needed. I purchased them all at JAF using coupons and agree with everyone who said they couldn't do without them.

I have 4...all for different purposes. The one I use most often is a small tabletop that opens to expose the light. It also has a magnifier. All were purchased from Joann.

Quote Originally Posted by leaha View Post
    I have five of them 2 pink 2 blues and one green, one by each machine I have set up , I also 5ake one or two on my retreat, I really like mine got them. All on sale half off at joanns
    I have at least 5 of them also. Great light for almost anything. I have floor lamps, table lamps & smaller desk ones
    that I can bend to where I need the light. Expensive but well worth it. Even the bulbs are expensive but last a long time. I get them at our local Michael's craft store BUT only when they are 50% off !!
    Dance like no one is watching

Quote Originally Posted by GEMRM View Post
    And if you have a favorite light but it doesn't have an Ott bulb, you can buy just the bulb too.
    This is good to know....I have a goose neck lamp, probably with the natural light, but I find it doesn't give off very good light (even when I'm sitting right under it!), so I'll get an ott bulb and see if that helps.

I have four or five ott lights, but my preference is the LED daylight bulbs. I am in the process of removing the ott lights out of my sewing room as I have converted almost all of my lighting in there to LED daylight. Just my preference with my "needing more light" eyes.

I have several of different sizes, bought at different places (a couple from Amazon), I love them, very easy on the eyes especially if you do lot of hand work

I have three and love them. All purchased at JoAnns when on sale. LOVE them!

I have 3 and love them. They are really good when doing handwork at night.
    I don't know how to do that.....YET!
    Life Is About Using The Whole Box Of Crayons.

I bought a floor one about 5 years ago, use it almost daily and have not had to buy a new bulb yet!

Blog Entries
    I have 2 of them and love them both. The lights are amazing!
    Never put off what you can do today, because tomorrow may never come.

I have 2 -- one is a floor lamp and one is a small folding lamp. Got mine at JA's on sale -- only way to buy them.
    QuiltnLady1

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.

Blog Entries
    You can tell from the posts that these lites are terrific. My advice is to check the prices for them from Kohl's. I did and was able to get mine for much less than the ones at Joann's on sale.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast