Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Ott-lite  true color >

Ott-lite true color

Ott-lite true color

Old 04-16-2014, 11:33 AM

Default Ott-lite true color

I just purchased a true color ott-lite from a rummage sale site I bought it site unseen the lamp looks like new but I cannt plug it into a wall outlet because the plug on the lamp is round with two little pegs inside is it suppose to have an adapter for the wall outlet ? Can it just cut this end off and put on a regular cord end ? It is 120 volt . I cannt seem to find any information any where else . Looks like it needs an adapter to plug into . Can any one advise me here please.
Old 04-16-2014, 11:52 AM

You may need an adapter. We have Ott Lights and some have adapters and some don't. It would be best if you contacted Ott through their website/customer service. Look for the model number and the other information that should be on there somewhere. If you can photograph the light and the plug in, that would help the company help you. Cutting off the two pronged round plug isn't a good idea until you definitely know what you have. Good luck...hope you get help. You'll like this lamp a lot!
Old 04-16-2014, 12:12 PM

My Ott Lites all have US plugs - it sounds like you have one that is from another country. We had to use adapters when we traveled to England and Paris. Not sure what they use in Canada - maybe someone got a deal up there.
Old 04-16-2014, 12:16 PM

In my Ott light cord there is a section like that that comes apart. That is the ballast. Mine (the ballast) failed and I had to order a new one from OTT (about $20). Maybe the one you got from the rummage sale has a failed ballast? It will not work if you just replace the cord.
Old 04-16-2014, 12:37 PM

Thank you for help I called ott lite customer service they were so helpful knew exatly what I needed will have my part in 3 to 5 days can hardly wait to use it.
Old 04-16-2014, 03:10 PM
Power Poster

Enjoy it. The customer service at Ott Lite is very helpful. I have 4 Ott lamps and I could NOT pick a favorite. If you do any hand work, you are going to question yourself why you didn't buy one sooner !!
Old 04-17-2014, 03:41 AM

Love mine too. JoAnn's frequently has terrific sales on them.
Old 04-17-2014, 03:44 AM

Got mine at a great price at lowes