ould you believe?

Old 09-14-2012, 08:22 AM

Default ould you believe?

My sewing room is on our lower level. it is considered living space and is a walk in basement. The reason I write that is because I want you to know it is not a basement only.
Any way I went down this morning to iron the backing for the quit I am making and low and behold when I went to fill the well of my iron there it was a long bug , stuck in the well. I cannot get him out.UGG
Has this happened to you??
Old 09-14-2012, 08:28 AM

He must have been thisty! Maybe some tweezers???
Old 09-14-2012, 08:33 AM

I'm sure you would've heard me screaming if this had happened to me! Once I recovered from the heart attack, I suppose I'd try to get it out with tweezers like Susan said. Ugh.
Old 09-14-2012, 08:48 AM

I would overfill the well and see if it floated. If not, dump out some water, cover the hole and shake it, re overfill. Shake upside down. Grumbling the whole time.
Old 09-14-2012, 08:59 AM

Pick up the iron, grab your purse.........

On the way to your car, throw the bug infested iron in the trash and go get a new one and a cork to put in it when not using....lol
Old 09-14-2012, 09:59 AM

I actually had a bunny in my sump pump hole once. I would never ever have figured it out except one of my Saints was wet on her paws face and chest, and I had not let her out in a few hours. My Saint evidently knew it was there and was either trying to play with it or help it out of the hole. I was just greatful the bunny stayed contained in the hole , or having it loose in the basement with a Saint .... it would not have been pretty..

As for the bug... take a colander and scoop it out.. if you can reach it.
Old 09-14-2012, 10:07 AM

After letting out a proper scream, I'd toss that iron into the trash! The thought of using the iron, after a bug has done who-knows-what in it, just sends shivers down my spine!!!
Old 09-14-2012, 10:17 AM
Power Poster

I haven't had a bug in my iron that I know of. My iron is really old and does not have a clear reservoir, so who knows? I would add water from the tap until it overflowed and maybe floated the bug out? If not, I would add water to the reservoir, cover the hole and let is sit for a few days until the bug dissolved. I would them rinse out thei ron a couple of times and go back to using it. It's just a bug after all.
I might want to look to see where he came in and do a thorough clean to make sure he didn't bring any friends with him. He must have been thirsty to crawl in the iron but if he was hungry, he and his friends might chew on fabric.
Old 09-14-2012, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
I haven't had a bug in my iron that I know of. My iron is really old and does not have a clear reservoir, so who knows? I would add water from the tap until it overflowed and maybe floated the bug out? If not, I would add water to the reservoir, cover the hole and let is sit for a few days until the bug dissolved. I would them rinse out thei ron a couple of times and go back to using it. It's just a bug after all.
"URF!!!"
Old 09-14-2012, 10:42 AM

I would just wait and give it to my DH. I don't like to mess with the slimy ones or spiders. It does not bother him. My youngest son is just as bad as I am and he's in his 20's! My DH just shakes his head at us.