Our Pets

Old 01-09-2011, 10:16 AM

My avatar is Molly a 18 month old Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. My daughter is starting to raise Cavaliers and Molly is a prospective mom when she turns 2 1/2 or 3. Right now she is growing up on the farm, attending a few dog shows and dog school classes and being my walking buddy. For anyone wanting a small friendly dog who doesn't yap or nip, a Cavalier makes a wonderful pet who won't frighten your grandchildren or attack the hydro meter reader.
Old 01-09-2011, 10:17 AM

Hi, Kahne is our 3 year old beagle. My husband wanted a dog after his last heart attack, so we bought Kahne from a breeder. We love him dearly and he is spoiled rotten.
Old 01-09-2011, 10:41 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Shelbie
My avatar is Molly a 18 month old Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. My daughter is starting to raise Cavaliers and Molly is a prospective mom when she turns 2 1/2 or 3. Right now she is growing up on the farm, attending a few dog shows and dog school classes and being my walking buddy. For anyone wanting a small friendly dog who doesn't yap or nip, a Cavalier makes a wonderful pet who won't frighten your grandchildren or attack the hydro meter reader.

Cavaliers are wonderful pets, they are all things to all men, but v v sadly can have syringomyelia a DREADFUL and debilitating disease , they also are prone to MVD and can die very early with this heart problem.
I had them for many many years but now can't cope with the heartache .
Old 01-09-2011, 10:50 AM
Cyn

Wonderful pics and friends. Makes me want another one :) Kinda the same feeling I get when I look at all the projects and tutes, I want them all. Maybe it's a disease or compulsion ?
Old 01-09-2011, 10:54 AM

My avatar is Chloe, a rescue from the Manchester Animal Shelter. She came into the shelter one January, very pregnant. She had her babies, all was well until she developed some kind of vicious infection. I say vicious because it nearly killed her. She had to be force fed, had intravenous antibiotics, the whole nine yars. Her kittens all found homes. Chloe recovered, thanks to the hard work of the vets and staff at the shelter. She was adopted out to a family who had other cats. Little Miss Chloer fought with all of them! So she came back to the shelter. Being around all the other cats stressed her so she lost a little weight. I had put my last cat, Sasha, to sleep during that summer. I was going to wait awhile to get another cat. Three weeks later, I just went to look. The second cat I saw was Chloe (my name, her name at the shelter was Petite Meow). She rolled on her back, purred, blinked her eyes at me, well, that was all it took. She came home with me. I took her to the vet for them to check her and when they read the notes about her illness, they said she must have been a favorite for the shelter to do all that work to save her. She is a love. We have been through some tough times, she couldn't tolerate a lot of the cat foods, so finding something to stay in her stomach was a challenge, but we did it. They she had to have all her teeth pulled (except the canines and front teeth) due to stomatitis gingivitis. Don't ask. Her last three molars came out in September. She has gained weight, her fur is shiny again and she is her chirpy, trilling, happy self again. I am so glad. This cat has a sense of humor and likes to have fun! She doesn't like other cats though so she is an only kitty. But I am whispering in her ear every so often that a little dog would be a nice addition to the family. So far, she has not showed me how she feels about that!
Old 01-09-2011, 11:27 AM

I have a Lab. We've had Labs all our married life(33 yrs). The one I have now is snoring beside me while I surf here. If i walk into the kitchen she will get up, sigh and follow me. She is my shadow, pouts when I'm not here. practically turns herself inside out with excitement when any of the kids come home-even the ones that never lived here with her.I don't think I could ever find a more loyal friend.
Old 01-09-2011, 11:33 AM

luvnquilt, I had a Corgi once and as they are the favourite of our Royalty she was an utter and complete snob, she just about put up with us cos we fed her :lol:
Old 01-09-2011, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by nativetexan
Hey is it you-Madchef?
welcome to the forum. lots going on here.
I have three cats. mamma and her two kittens who came to live in our backyard and into our hearts.
Yep it's me, did you recognize Muffin :mrgreen:
Old 01-09-2011, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by Shelbie
I would second that, my Niece has 2 and has had some litters and she loves them to pieces. Her n hubby go out to work, although they are not left alone too long, and they are so well behaved, although she does get one massive welcome when she gets home.
Old 01-09-2011, 12:15 PM

Tinkerbelle was brought home one night by my oldest son's former fiancee,because she wasn't thriving. She worked at the pet store that was selling her, the store sent sick animals home with employees so that they could be monitored. My hubby saw me cuddling her and I cut off a big hunk of polar fleece to wrap her up.
3 days later I came home from work and my family was sitting on the sofa with Tinkerbelle. Hubby spent an arm and a leg on this 3#fur ball. Basically $500 a #. It turns out she was a puppy mill dog, she is a pure-breed Chihuahua but she has some major issues....now she is our baby.