Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Out of the mouths of babes...

Just gotta love those little ones

Linda

Sew little time and sew many ideas

Blog Entries
    My four year old nephew had just watched The wizzard of Oz. He then told his mom he knew what he wanted to be when he grew up. He wanted to work with animals. She thought he wanted to be a vet but he wants to be a scarecrow. LOL.
    True4uca

I love all the great things all these kids come up with! My 7 yo DGS can't grasp the concept of age. He knows that his dad is my son, but can't figure out how I could have had a baby, because I'm so old, and old ladies can't have babies...and his dad is way bigger than me, so...even though I have a "fat belly...there's NO way he grew in there!" My son is 32, and stands 6'7"!!

Blog Entries
    When my husband had cancer and chemotherapy was doing a number on his head of hair, my grandchildren asked their mother if they "could come over and watch Grandpa's hair fall out." It is the innocence of children that make something serious just a little lighter.

Then when my husband's hair started coming back in, thicker and curlier than I had ever seen it, grandson says to his dad (our son) - "Dad, Grandpa has more hair than you do." It is the innocence of children that makes something good even better. My husband was CURED of Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma back in 2006. We never forgot what Josh said!!!!!! My husband is in Heaven now and these memories regardless of how the situation was at the time made life so worth everything. More than yesterday, less than tomorrow, Rog. Edie
    Home is where the rags of your life are turned into quilts, lemons become lemonade and a few extra pounds are simply welcomed as "more of you to love."
    I am so confused. I don't know if I found a rope or lost my horse."

BELIEVE

Those are soooo sweet!! Truly, truly out of the mouths of such innocence!! Thanks for sharing. Altho I have 7 DGD I can't really think of any ? but do remember my 2nd DGS called commode "comoddie" & youngest DGD called cupcakes "cupcakes"...
    ~ I'm a Blessed Nanna to 2 Grandsons & 5 Granddaughters & 1 grandson in law ~
    ~ I'm a Blessed Mom to DS & DDIL, DD & DSIL ~
    ~ Mom to 1 black beauty now ~ Daisy ~
    ~ God Bless the USA ~ God Bless Our Troops ~

I too could write a book with the things my five little cherubs come out with.

Three year old Everett wants to be a garlic when he grows up. "You know Grandma, a garlic, and I will save people."

Turns out he is going to be a lifeguard.

When my son and daughter were about 8 and 10 there was a story on TV about roughnecks. I asked them if they knew what a roughneck was (I knew my son would know because we are from Texas and Grandpa worked in the oilfield). My daughter piped up and said "it is a man who needs to shave". We had the biggest laugh over that.
    Texas Sunshine, piney woods of NE Texas

Blog Entries
    Once during an ice storm we lost electricity. My daughter asked if she could watch television, and I reminded her that the power was out. She replied, "That's okay, we don't need lights, we can watch by candlelight!"

This is the same child who came home from school one day and informed us that Abraham Lincoln was born in a cabin he built with his own hands.
    Last edited by AngeliaNR; 04-10-2014 at 07:58 PM.
    Courtesy is not optional.

http://theeclecticabuela.blogspot.com/

So many cute stories...I love this thread! Here's another one from my Billy...He gave me a hug one day and said I love you Nana and I'll even love you when your dead! He was 5yrs old.

Today from one of my clients (I am a community support worker)..."Your hair is really white....but your face isn't too wrinkley...Not like my Nana...How old are you?"

Quote Originally Posted by Trisher View Post
    Willow, age 4, is surprised to learn that Grandma is older than 18. She ponders this for a moment or two, looks up from her colouring book and asks, "Grandma, are you almost dead?"

To add insult to injury, the very next day she asks me if I 'lived on the earth' when 'dinosaurs lived on the earth'. NOT rofl.

Thinking of going back to colouring my hair. Sheesh.

What has your offspring's little offsprings said to you lately?
    lol, my dgd asked me the same dinosaur question about me and her granny. I am her nana on mommy's side.
    Older sister said it came from a cartoon, but when it came
    out of her mouth it was still too funny
    It is a blessing, to be a blessing !
    ~Quilters are warm people!!!~
    cheese brings parties together

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...HJV/weight.png

When my grandson was little, he thought I lived in the sky -- because every time I came to visit him, they'd be at the airport looking for my plane to come down. And every time they came to see me, they'd get in a plane and go up in the sky.

lol, that is cuuute...do you live in the sky.
    When my oldest was 11 we got full custody of her from her birth mother.
    Our youngest was just a baby.
    Somehow over the years she got a funny perspective on things.
    When she was about five, one day she said something to big sister about "when we adopted you"...
    I guess if you weren't born here, your adopted!
    It is a blessing, to be a blessing !
    ~Quilters are warm people!!!~
    cheese brings parties together

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...HJV/weight.png

Blog Entries
    Our oldest, 22yrs old, wanted to know if when I was younger "King of the Road" was playing on the radio. This happened yesterday!

A couple of years ago when our 16 yr old dd was taking a narcotic pain medication, she was reading a get well card that started "Be all you can be..." She piped in with "I wanna be a bird!"
    Last edited by orangeroom; 04-12-2014 at 03:21 AM.
    Go forth and sew!

Fun to read all the things kids say. When my grandson was about 6, and afraid of thunder and lightening, my daughter had told him that was grandpa playing the drums. When they were visiting me and we were driving, it began to storm. He quickly said "Grandma, why does grandpa have to play the drums? I replied, "that is the job God gave him" He replied, "Great, jobs in heaven too. I want the job of petting the kittens."

Senior Member Chester the bunny's Avatar
    Just came across this great thread.......
    When my sister took our nephew out for a drive and stopped to buy gas, they were giving away a free glass with every fill. When she got back in the car he looked at the glass and said "you're not going to drink and drive are you"?
    Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little.
    Edmund Burke

My 4 year old grandson and I were walking up to the school so he could play on the playground. I told him that I went to the same school when I was a child, the boys played on one side of the playground and the girls on the other.
    He asked me "which one were you gramma?"

My grandson is 7 and was playing an electronic game and got a score of 2015. He says "look Grandma! Just like the year!" I answered yes it was. He kept on playing and eventually got a score of 2124. He says "Wow! If this was the year...it would be a long time from now." I said yes and that I would be dead by then. He answered right back, "I know and I would miss you, Grandma!"

Three year old DGD was having trouble knowing which grandma her Mother was talking about couldn't keep the last names straight. She finally said do you mean the wrinkly grandma??? She was referring to the other grandmother!!! hehehe!!! What a delightful read!!!

Three year old Roger just finished a breakfast which included lots of crispy bacon which crumbled onto his shirt as he ate it. No big deal.

After breakfast I took him to the bathroom. As he finished, he looked down into the toilet bowl at the crumbs of bacon that had fallen off his shirt into the toilet.

Eyes wide as saucers, he announces, "Grandma! I can pee bacon!"

Three year old Ev is standing behind the end table with his Mom's bible open on the table. He is preaching about Jonah. The sermon went something like this:

God said: "Go to Ninevah."
    Jonah said: "NO."
    God said: "Just relax!"

When my two sons were about 3 and 5, they were talking about how old they were by holding up their fingers. They then asked me, 26 at the time, how old I was. After flashing all ten fingers twice and then showing six fingers, their eyes got big as saucers and one of them said, "Whoa...you're ANCIENT!!"
    Laurlyn
    Innova 26" w/LS

My SIL told me this one, she had taken her grandson to a nursing home to visit an aunt. When they were walking down the hall, most of the residents were lying down, then they passed a room where the resident was sitting up, her grandson said "Look Nonna, there's a live one"
    If a woman's work is never done....why start?

Blog Entries
    My dear sweet 9yr old grandson responded to a comment I made and I just laughed and told him that wasn't nice. I was watching Rehab addict on HGTV, the one that has the blonde tearing down and fixing up old homes. Well mine is in bad condition due to my ex's work on it. Anyway, I said that I wanted to be her when I grew up (meaning be able to fix it all myself) well my grandson said "what, be young again". Kids do say the funniest things, I wish they'd do re-runs of Art Linklatters show.
    Judy

I am a live in Nanny. 6 year old Tanner has seen me working on a few quilts. He told me the other day that if I had a lot of money I could buy quilts and I wouldn't have to make my own! It was a teaching moment for sure!

When my grandson, Billy was 6 years old he wanted to buy me safety pins for Christmas because all of mine were bent!

Gotta love the kiddos!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast