Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Out my kitchen window

I love my kitchen window. I look out it when I am standing at the sink (I seem to spend a LOT of time there). It is my nature window.

This spring Pete and I put out a birdfeeder. It attracted some birds, so I put out a hummingbird feeder and got some little guys too. Next we put up a squirrel feeder--thinking it would keep the squirrels out of the bird feeder! HA! My last addition was a sock feeder with thistle in it--to attract Goldfinch.

I have been snapping pics out my window and just wanted to share my view with you. I would love for you to post pics of what you enjoy looking at out your window---the ocean, the mountains, Mother Nature.....etc.

an indigo bunting
    Name:  Attachment-43250.jpe
Views: 23
Size:  59.4 KB

the hummingbird
    Name:  Attachment-43252.jpe
Views: 22
Size:  29.1 KB

Goldfinch on the sock feeder
    Name:  Attachment-43253.jpe
Views: 17
Size:  51.1 KB

more

a red headed woodpecker
    Name:  Attachment-43819.jpe
Views: 15
Size:  42.5 KB

the squirrels really did figure out how to lift this lid and get their food out!
    Name:  Attachment-43831.jpe
Views: 18
Size:  55.1 KB

a Downy woodpecker
    Name:  Attachment-43834.jpe
Views: 20
Size:  38.3 KB

Then one morning I stumbled to the kitchen for my first cup of coffee of the day and saw this out my window!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

These are awesome, Marcia! I love to birdwatch on my back porch. I must have planted the right flowers this year, the hummingbirds come by several times a day, every day, and hover from flower to flower. Yesterday I saw my first goldfinch this summer, and my first oriole. We have open lawn, then field of wildflowers with lots of bushes throughout, some trees, and then deep woods around us. This makes for lots of different habitats and seeing lots of varieties of birds. Thanks for sharing the wonders outside your window!

I love your kitchen window too Marcia! Thanks for sharing all your visitors with us all. :D

Blog Entries
    very nice pictures

Blog Entries
    You have a beautiful view and so many birds and animals to watch, too!!!
    Thank you for sharing your pictures with us!!! :D :D :D

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Marica! What great shots! The squirrel photo made me laugh--but then a raccoon??? I don't think we have Indigo Buntings here. I've seen a red-headed, but not a downy woodpecker. The sock feeder sure is a popular! Funny how birds like to eat different stuff.

Thanks for sharing these.

Great kitchen window!!! I can't post pictures of the view out my kitchen window or any window as a matter of fact all I see is houses. :evil: That is what I get living in the city and on a postage stamp. :lol:

Love your window Marcia the animals and the woods too.

Banned
    hahaha Love the coon!!! :lol:

Back home in Louisiana for now....where next?? who knows....
    WOw Marcia, those are great. I just love seeing nature like that. Love the racoon.

THANK YOU for sharing
    Really you dont wanna see out my widow LOL its the bulding next to me....boring

Blog Entries
    Awww....I LOVE your view! That racoon is hysterical! You must really have a wonderful camera and eveidently you know how to handle it too!

I love the birds and used to feed them a lot, but then a cat moved in, then another, then another (now 10 outside)...until all I was doing was making dinner time "easy" for the cats...so now I have to enjoy the hummers on the flowers, but they don't linger around feeders here and neither do the other birds.

Quote Originally Posted by *QuilterWannabee*
    These are awesome, Marcia! I love to birdwatch on my back porch. I must have planted the right flowers this year, the hummingbirds come by several times a day, every day, and hover from flower to flower. Yesterday I saw my first goldfinch this summer, and my first oriole. We have open lawn, then field of wildflowers with lots of bushes throughout, some trees, and then deep woods around us. This makes for lots of different habitats and seeing lots of varieties of birds. Thanks for sharing the wonders outside your window!
    Your yard sounds spectacular---Will you take some pics to share with us of your wildflowers? I would love to see them!!

Quote Originally Posted by barnbum
    Marica! What great shots! The squirrel photo made me laugh--but then a raccoon??? I don't think we have Indigo Buntings here. I've seen a red-headed, but not a downy woodpecker. The sock feeder sure is a popular! Funny how birds like to eat different stuff.

Thanks for sharing these.
    Karla--most of the woodpeckers we see here are the downy ones--I was tickled to see our first redheaded one yesterday.

It is funny how different birds like different seeds---I put out safflower seeds because it says that song birds like them. Well, no one ate them and they just all knocked them onto the ground and made a huge mess. Either we don't have "songbirds" or we have picky eaters!

Quote Originally Posted by reneebobby
    Great kitchen window!!! I can't post pictures of the view out my kitchen window or any window as a matter of fact all I see is houses. :evil: That is what I get living in the city and on a postage stamp. :lol:
    Renee---this is what it was like for me when we lived in a townhouse in DC. But, right next to our neighborhood was a small nature area where we saw deer, beavers, Canada geese, fox, blue heron, egrets, etc. I loved walking my dog there.

Quote Originally Posted by sandpat
    Awww....I LOVE your view! That racoon is hysterical! You must really have a wonderful camera and eveidently you know how to handle it too!

I love the birds and used to feed them a lot, but then a cat moved in, then another, then another (now 10 outside)...until all I was doing was making dinner time "easy" for the cats...so now I have to enjoy the hummers on the flowers, but they don't linger around feeders here and neither do the other birds.
    Patti---I do have a great camera! I got it for Christmas last year and it has all the bells and whistles where you can set your own settings. But, I have NO IDEA how to do any of it!!!! :lol: I just zoom where I want the pic to be, let it autofocus and click!! I could probably be a much better photographer if I took the time to read the book and understood the camera!!

We had A cat once (never 10!!) and he loved our bird feeder. We put it right outside his favorite window and he would sit and chatter his teeth while he watched the birds eat. He was as much entertainment as the birds. And when a squirrel got into the feeder, our dog went nuts! Pets are so much fun!!

I like it... actually have some closeups I took the other day. I will have to import them to computer and will post soon. My camera is "ok" your photos look great!
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcia
    Quote Originally Posted by *QuilterWannabee*
    Your yard sounds spectacular---Will you take some pics to share with us of your wildflowers? I would love to see them!!

These are great pictures!! I love the squirrel and raccoon pics. By the time I get around to getting the camera the critter is usually gone. Thanks for sharing.

Super Member Lisa_wanna_b_quilter's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Out my kitchen window is my neighbor's house. It's an OK house but he isn't into landscaping. In Spring I get a good view of his peonies.

Next to my patio is the climbing rose in my avatar. I love my rose.

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa_wanna_b_quilter
    Out my kitchen window is my neighbor's house. It's an OK house but he isn't into landscaping. In Spring I get a good view of his peonies.

I love your rose too!! Will you post a bigger picture of it for us??

Thank you for sharing your view! My view is not that interesting! My cats do love to sit in the windows and watch the birds and squirrels! My dog barks if anything gets too close to the house! :?

I LOVE YOUR KITCHEN WINDOW!!
    I miss mine like that.
    All I see out of my window now is my van :(

Keep the pictures coming!!

Super Member Lisa_wanna_b_quilter's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcia
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisa_wanna_b_quilter

I love your rose too!! Will you post a bigger picture of it for us??
    I"ll try to post a bigger picture.......Let's see if I'm smart enough.. :-)

My climbing rose
    Name:  Attachment-44168.jpe
Views: 10
Size:  74.1 KB

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast