Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
For the over 50 group  and for those who know people like us. >

For the over 50 group and for those who know people like us.

For the over 50 group and for those who know people like us.

Old 12-15-2010, 06:34 PM

Some people are constantly on the cell phone or texting. How can they have so much to talk about? Are they afraid to have a moment to themselves? It drives me nuts to see bus drivers talking on the phone while they drive, parents texting with kids in the back seat of the car, and how do you politely NOT listen in as the person next to you in the doctor's waiting room has a conversation on the cell phone about her gynecologist? PLEASE people, put down the phone before it takes root in your ear!
Old 12-15-2010, 06:51 PM

your post made me laugh till I cried, you have a knack for this kind of writing keep them coming I need those good littl buddies released into my system from the laughs!! Your wit is amazing!!
Old 12-15-2010, 08:14 PM

Oh, I loved your story! So true.
Old 12-15-2010, 09:16 PM

I do have a cell phone, 2 in fact. One is for work and the other is mine. This past summer, I spent 12 glorious days out of touch electronically in the US b/c of the location. I could drive 12 miles to the top of the mountain pass for reception. Did drive there but for the view not the phone recpetion. My work phone was completely out of commission until I hit the interstate to head home. Battery was dead so it waited until I got home and could recharge it. My boss does have the other # but I was on vacation and only checked in with him after hitting the interstate to head home. Being out of reception drove my DDs crazy but we actually had real conversations and they did survive. Hope to visit there again next summer!!
Old 12-15-2010, 10:35 PM

LOVE the "bi-sacksual". LOL My SIL now deceased, would say she was bi-spadesual when we played Spades. My brother had his GPS with us in October. We went to Kentucky and she (Miss GPS) kept telling him to TURN AROUND. She finally had a breakdown and sent him to another state. We knew that wasn't where we wanted to go. I did better than she by using a map. You remember -- one of those paper things with cities and roads clearly marked. LOL
Old 12-16-2010, 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by renee765
Bisacksual! That's too funny!
I think that is hysterical and plan on using that line next time we are food shopping!

Geez, can you imagine if today's generation had to share ONE phone like most of us did? I was checking out at Payless shoes and the clerk answered her cell phone! Calls at work used to be home emergencies, not "Whatcha doin?".

They are so lucky they didn't have to get up to turn the TV channel and choose VHF or UHF!

I have basic cable only, my phone has cords and is stationary, no cell phone, no GPS, no blue tooth, I use maps for driving directions, and ask if needed. Today's technology is all a radiation nightmare if you ask me!

Diane
Old 12-16-2010, 02:10 PM

I'm learning to text, actually I sort of like it when I don't have time for a long conversation. It's easier to get a quick answer from my children too. It just takes longer to figure out how to use all the new toys.
Old 12-16-2010, 10:18 PM
Bea

I really got a chuckle out of this. How can things be so confusing for us older people. And it is only going to be worse, Bea
Old 12-20-2010, 08:20 PM

Me too, on having a bunch of the cloth bags and always forgetting them even tho they are in the car!