Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
For the over 50 group  and for those who know people like us. >

For the over 50 group and for those who know people like us.

For the over 50 group and for those who know people like us.

Old 12-15-2010, 08:42 AM

OMG, I have tears in my eyes from laughing out loud!!!! Your Gypsy must be a close relation to our Lucille - she seems to have developed the same dialogue on a recent road trip. I like electronics too, do the texting with the kids and FB but not into Twitter and my husband has the laptop.

I was 28 years old before computer's came into play in our firm (1985) - I got to learn/use the first one and eventually managed our firm wide network. It is amazing how far they have come - now they fit in the palm of your hand! Back then we had to use our brains and manage time and tasks - today, if the electronics hiccup, the working world is lost. That is sad.
Old 12-15-2010, 08:56 AM

Thank you! I love this and it is so true!!!
Old 12-15-2010, 11:13 AM

so funny, great laugh for the day!!!
Old 12-15-2010, 11:23 AM

I am well over 50 :-(, and I relate very well with your comments. I was LOLing. I sometimes forget to take my recycle bags to the grocery too. And I won't tweet or twitter. I'm with the poster who said I want to hear the other person. Its so much easier to just talk than try to type out messages on a phone. I guess I just don't get it...to darn old I suppose.
Old 12-15-2010, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by kbs
I worry about the younger generation that can't be out of contact for a second. I like a little privacy once in a while.
Boy, you said it. I often wonder what they will do if these cell towers have a problem. I wouldn't give up my land line for anything. It never runs out of power unless the lines are down and that is so rare. I honestly don't want that much information. I got a cell phone only because I took care of my grandchildren and needed to be in touch with my four daughters but those days are gone. I won't even pull off the road to answer it and it's illegal in NY to talk on it when you are driving (although it's not enforced). I don't WANT to be reached in my car!!!! My kids think I am nuts and wonder how I can live a day without my phone. I'm OLD and Wise, that's how, LOL.
Old 12-15-2010, 03:48 PM

Your little quote at the bottom of your message said it all.
Old 12-15-2010, 04:06 PM

I agree...things are crazy...too much technology too fast!!I long for the simpler life! :thumbup: :D
Old 12-15-2010, 04:51 PM

Too funny!!!! Thanks for the laughs...I just got home from a funeral and you made my day. It's all so true.

Got a new Droid phone over the weekend...can barely answer the darn thing. It has a million features and only a skinny little booklet of directions. I asked the salesman (he looked 14) where the directions are and he told me to go online and look on U-Tube as there are videos with people explaining things....crazy!!!
Old 12-15-2010, 04:58 PM

ROFL Oh! "Rolling on the floor laughing." I guess my kids have gotten to me too. I do not even understand all the acronyms used on this quilt site let alone the ones on Facebook and Tweeter. I am too embarrassed to ask my grandkids. Loved your story. I needed a good laugh and can relate to everything you said. Love the by-sackual and toot instead of tweet! Loved it. Thank you for the levity.
Old 12-15-2010, 05:16 PM

I can relate to it all. i STARTED BACK TO COLLAGHE AFTER i WAS OVER 5O so I bought a word processer and from there a computer. Now many years later i LOVE MY COMPUTER and want an Ipad. my daughters say AI dont need one since 2 computers and 7 sewing machines is plenty. but Im sort of liking the light weght Ipad. now too convince my girls.