A painted Christmas gift

Old 12-08-2009, 07:24 AM

Thanks, guys!! I had fun doing it too. The water was a pain in the neck, but it was still a lot of fun :) I should do more painted gifts, they take a good amount of time, but it's more personal than just spending money on something that 1000 other people have in their homes too.
Old 12-11-2009, 11:40 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Baren*eh*ked_canadian
Oh, I really really hope he likes it!!!
I think I'll give it to him before Christmas, and something else at Christmas too, that way he can't say I combined the gift. My birthday is the 23rd and I always get a 'combined' gift, or 'combined' party or something. It drives me crazy! I don't really care that much anymore, but honestly, for once I would like to have a 'happy birthday melanie' party, not a 'happy birthday melanie, and since we're all here we might as well celebrate christmas too' party. Ok, so that went off on a tangent, lol, sorry!
Mel, my DS's birthday is also on the 23rd... Why do people think that they can combine a gift for that reason??? UNLESS they have spent twice as much as they usually would on individual gifts!!! :roll:
Now my son declares the 23rd, "Crossmass" Day," as it is his last name LMBO Maybe you could do the same??? :D:D:D
When he was younger he chose his own day to celebrate and it was AFTER New Years...so he could have a day and a party totally unrelated and NO Christmas Decorations LMBO
Old 12-11-2009, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by amma
Originally Posted by Baren*eh*ked_canadian
Oh, I really really hope he likes it!!!
I think I'll give it to him before Christmas, and something else at Christmas too, that way he can't say I combined the gift. My birthday is the 23rd and I always get a 'combined' gift, or 'combined' party or something. It drives me crazy! I don't really care that much anymore, but honestly, for once I would like to have a 'happy birthday melanie' party, not a 'happy birthday melanie, and since we're all here we might as well celebrate christmas too' party. Ok, so that went off on a tangent, lol, sorry!
Mel, my DS's birthday is also on the 23rd... Why do people think that they can combine a gift for that reason??? UNLESS they have spent twice as much as they usually would on individual gifts!!! :roll:
Now my son declares the 23rd, "Crossmass" Day," as it is his last name LMBO Maybe you could do the same??? :D:D:D
When he was younger he chose his own day to celebrate and it was AFTER New Years...so he could have a day and a party totally unrelated and NO Christmas Decorations LMBO
Yea, seriously. It's not about the money spent, I really don't care about that at all, but it's always seemed a little insulting to be told that everyone is so busy with christmas, and has spent so much on everyone else at christmas that whatever gift will just have to do for both. It's like, dude, if you're going to be that way, just shut up and don't say anything. Seems less rude that way, I think anyway. Like I said, it's not about what you get, or how much, or whatever, it's really the thought that counts, but if often comes off as really really rude.
Or they have so much other stuff going on this season that there's just no time for a birthday on top of it all.
And celebrating after the fact is just not the same. You wouldn't celebrate Christmas on the 28th to accomadate me, why would I make up a fake birthday for your sake? I was born when I was born, deal with it. If you don't want to come to my damn party when I decide I want to have it, then just don't bloody come! ARGH, ok I'm done now, lol!
Old 12-11-2009, 01:44 PM
Power Poster

DS also changed his birthday when he was a kid, so that other kids would be able to come to his party.... And when you are a kid, no matter how understanding they try to be, they still know that year after year they are being shorted/ignored... I finally told people, if you aren't going to buy a separate b-day present for my son, DO NOT buy my daughters b-day presents either!!! DS was always such a kind and sweet guy...it angered me when they hurt him.
As an adult, his attitude is more like your's is now LMBO
Old 12-11-2009, 01:47 PM
Power Poster

On another subject :wink:
Do you paint of fabric too? I was trying to remember if I had ever seen you do this...
Old 12-11-2009, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by amma
On another subject :wink:
Do you paint of fabric too? I was trying to remember if I had ever seen you do this...
yeah, I tried it here... http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-30948-1.htm

Will definately be doing that again!!!
Old 12-11-2009, 01:54 PM
Power Poster

YES!!! I thought that you had...I loved what you did!!!:D:D:D
I just picked up some clear aloe vera gel and I am going to play with an idea this weekend.
Old 12-11-2009, 03:14 PM

It's beautiful...and very calming to look at. Wonderful job.