Pandora

Old 09-21-2012, 12:07 PM

Another good app is Songza. Very similar.
Old 09-21-2012, 01:15 PM

I love Pandora. Found out about it probably 6 years ago. Best thing in the world next to Audible. I cannot tell you the last time I listened to normal radio except the news channel.
Old 09-21-2012, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by wolph33 View Post
My grandkids kept telling me about it-so I put the app on my desktop.I love it-I am sewing today listening to it-commercial free.You tell it the artists you like and it does the rest.
sorry for my ignorance, but what is Pandora? have heard of the Pandora beads, but don't think it has to do with that.
Old 09-21-2012, 04:23 PM

Hi

Love Pandora, listen to it all the time when I sew at home and at the lake. I have it on my iPod touch which I have on a speaker charger deal....love it, sounds like stereo and can listen to whatever type music your mood fits!

Bev
Old 09-22-2012, 12:37 PM

alwayslearning and sampson001 - I'm surprised no one has responded to your questions. Pandora is a music site. You can type in the name of a singer you like and it will play music in that genre. I have Rosemary Clooney as my favorite. You can enter more than one and select which you'd like to hear. I believe there are some commercials - both vocal and displayed on the side of the screen. That's how it is free.

Tate
Old 09-23-2012, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by sampson001 View Post
sorry for my ignorance, but what is Pandora? have heard of the Pandora beads, but don't think it has to do with that.
it is an app for your desktop or ipods,etc that plays music customized to what you like.
Old 09-24-2012, 02:31 AM

[QUOTE=tate_elliott;5533284]alwayslearning and sampson001 - I'm surprised no one has responded to your questions. Pandora is a music site. You can type in the name of a singer you like and it will play music in that genre. I have Rosemary Clooney as my favorite. You can enter more than one and select which you'd like to hear. I believe there are some commercials - both vocal and displayed on the side of the screen. That's how it is free.

Thanks, Tate. That makes sense, especially showing how they make money. Just saying it is an app is Greek to me. I have, at times, just loaded a play list from YouTube.

]