Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Pet Peeves

Banned
    What are your "pet peeves" when reading the posts and attempting to answer.

Not replacing the toilet paper when its gone.

Finding dirty socks on the floor.

Mostly, the dishwasher is 2 ft from the sink, please tell me why dirty dishes can't be put in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Holice
    What are your "pet peeves" when reading the posts and attempting to answer.
    People who are not clear about what they are asking for, "Help me find this pattern I saw somewhere, sometime. It was Pink and pretty" Do they really expect serious replies?

My other pet peeve is misleading subject lines, leading me to believe they need help, then finding a picture of grandkids or something.

Blog Entries
    A pet peeve of mine is when I get an email regarding a post I created or marked "watch," the email states that it has been responded to. I go to the topic only to find a one word response. Some days I could get 20+ of these, because someone is going back through older posts. It then takes 30+ minutes of my time to go and check these to see if someone had a question about my topic, or has added additional info into some one else's. I have been marking "watch" to some posts for 3 years, so there are a lot of them out there. Commenting "very pretty" Or "nice quilt" or "thank you for this information" is one thing... but the other one word responses really were not necessary, did not add anything to the topic and go against the board's rules.
    I finally had to disabled the email notification function to unclog my inbox, and I know I am missing out answering questions on my own topics, or learning more from other members.

HEck I didnt even know you could get email notifications.

This is a nice sight because you can access what page you want, etc. Much better than many others I have been on.

I basically have no pet peeves.

Blog Entries
    If you click on your Profile at the top of the page, you can click on boxes there to notify you by email of PM's or board topics. :D:D:D

***If you accidentally click on spam in your email account instead of deleting these notifications before/after you read them, it can stop ALL notifications coming from here and I think it will also stop the newsletters. Some have a hard time getting that reversed, so be careful :wink:*****

A pet peeve of mine is when people posting to a thread go completely way off the topic. Another one is misspelled words.

No spell check, I'm a terrible speller and a worse typist, and I hate looking like I'm in the 1st grade when I post. :oops:

I agree about going way off topic. All you would have to do is start a new thread.

Quote Originally Posted by sewcrafty
    Not replacing the toilet paper when its gone.

Finding dirty socks on the floor.

Mostly, the dishwasher is 2 ft from the sink, please tell me why dirty dishes can't be put in there.
    Guess I didn't read it all, sorry!!!! When I saw pet peeves I automatically thought of those!! :lol: :lol: Sooo sorry!! :oops:

Here's one, people not fully reading the topic line!!!

Power Poster
    misleading and vague subject lines - "I need help .... " with what??

people responding to a "wanted" with "I don't have it" and no useful suggestion as to where it might be found

asking for an item after it is no longer available - when "Sold" is in the topic line

unconventional spelling - but maybe that's the best the writer can do - I try to go for the content on those

really long paragraphs - I find them hard to read and understand

lol b4 anything else, i want to say, i love this board... a wonderful mix of very nice people from all over the world, all walks of life and all levels of skills...
    the only thing that actually bugs me.. is the classified section... i think the board needs a moderator or such (some1 to clear out things like classifieds that are already sold, etc).
    Also think if the OP doesnt respond at all after so many others do asking about what they are selling... it shouldnt be posted. Alot of people here are always excited to see posts there, Its frustrating when the seller doesnt respond or everythings has been gone for a long time. :D

Power Poster
    What does OP mean? Original Poster?

It would be nice to get the "clutter" out of the classifieds.

Quote Originally Posted by bearisgray
    What does OP mean? Original Poster?

It would be nice to get the "clutter" out of the classifieds.
    yes, original poster, sorry :D

Guess my pet peeve are people who don't read the thread and ask the same exact question as 5 other people in the same thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Candace
    Guess my pet peeve are people who don't read the thread and ask the same exact question as 5 other people in the same thread.
    Ditto! :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TanyaMas
    the only thing that actually bugs me.. is the classified section... i think the board needs a moderator or such (some1 to clear out things like classifieds that are already sold, etc).
    we have two Senior Moderators.

if we delete, people scream. if we don't, people scream.

sometimes i prefer to get screamed at for doing nothing. there's less effort involved on my part. :lol:

And to be off topic, PatriceJ, we really do appreciate all you do to keep this board running :thumbup:

Quote Originally Posted by PatriceJ

sometimes i prefer to get screamed at for doing nothing. there's less effort involved on my part. :lol:
    lol i soooo understand that :D
    sorry, wasnt meaning to insult those that do :D

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PatriceJ

I can't say that I blame you, one little bit :lol:

People who spread cold and flu germs. I just spent a week home so I didn't spread my cold germs to others. I wish others were as considerate.

Off the top of my head I don't have any real pet peeves. I really like this Board. If I read something that bugs me or I do not go along with or like, I just move on. I appreciate the job that the Moderators do! Thank You for a job well done!

Vague title descriptions. If the topic is interesting enough to post, why not put a complete description so readers know what it's about before they click on it? Otherwise, you're wasting our time. :-(

Read the forum rules. One of them is:
    Try to use descriptive titles when creating new topics. :thumbup:

My biggest pet peeve too. Don't try to be cute and leave a half of a topic description to try to lure us in. It's annoying at best. I don't want to miss a learning experience, but hate to open HELP ME, or GUESS WHAT types of post descriptions.

People who don't read the whole thread to see what has already been asked and answered seven times.

Otherwise, love the board and the people on it. Thanks to the Admin and Moderators for such a great site.

[quote=Lneal]A pet peeve of mine is when people posting to a thread go completely way off the topic.

I agree and I also get peeved when I send things (be it scraps, larger pieces, FQ's, printed info, patterns or whatever) to people and get absolutly no response at all. I'm not looking for a big thanks, but would like to know that the packet was received.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast