Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Peter Walsh Quilting Stash on hoarder program >

Peter Walsh Quilting Stash on hoarder program

Peter Walsh Quilting Stash on hoarder program

Old 02-22-2011, 04:36 AM

I just watched the clip . I forgot about the show last night. At least he gets it and didn't just say get rid of everything.
Old 02-22-2011, 05:12 AM

I live in the Boston area. Where can i see it I have reg. cable
Old 02-22-2011, 06:34 AM

What she does is wonderful, but that was way out of hand. I am seriously going to get rid of some of my UFOs that have been waiting on me for years and I am not going to get back to them. I have a sewing cave and I don't let it spill over into the rest of my house. My mom was a hoarder and I will not allow myself to go there.
Old 02-22-2011, 07:05 AM

did I miss it?
Old 02-22-2011, 09:24 AM

To bad someone doesnt put it on You tube ... Maybe those of us who don't get that OWN channel -(due to increases in energy and water as well as the economy )We cut back to basic cable :o( Could veiw it tooo
:o)
Old 02-22-2011, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by twinkiedog
OK on Oprah's channel they have the hoarder program and it is on quilting Today

Here is what it says

Enough Already with Peter
Peter helps a woman whose quilting hobby has completely
consumed her home and alienated her family, making them feel second to her favorite pastime.
I watched it and ended up yelling at the program....here is my either/or
1. It was a scripted "reality show" and she was happy to get her garage work shop. If so good for her.
2. It wasn't scripted and her daughter needs to back off and get over herself.

Now to the finale...the room was nice, but she could have easily stored the fabric she had to give up in there. For goodness sake there were half filled bins and empty shelves. Also putting fabric in bins is nice but you can store more if you stack your yardage on the shelves and just put the little stuff in bins. At least they could have painted the shelves to make the room look nice and inviting. Also the host is as annoying as all get out. The way he keeps saying "put your family before stuff" every fifteen minutes. I like the host of Clean House much better. She has a sense of humor and is more understanding of what people go through. The quilter in this show ended up looking shell shocked and hurt at the end. Why not fix up that spacious living room and dinning area for a quilt room and send the husband and the daughter out to eat in the garage.
Bottom line, Pilgrim if you touch my stash with out my say so then I will shoot you ala Roster Cogburn, both guns blazing. I will not be watching this show again. And on a further note, so far the OWN hasn't had much of a line up. It should be the OWON...Oprah Winfrey Only Network.
Old 02-22-2011, 02:53 PM

Here is what it says

consumed her home and alienated her family, making them feel second to her favorite pastime.

I have Verizon Fios so it is on at 5PM channel 161 for me.
Not sure what time for you guys. But I am recording it. But heck
no I am not watching it in front of Henry (husband). He might think that looks mild in comparison to mine.

ruthie
Maybe they can divide her stash with us. It is too funny...
Old 02-22-2011, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by kellen46

Here is what it says

I watched it and ended up yelling at the program....here is my either/or
1. It was a scripted "reality show" and she was happy to get her garage work shop. If so good for her.
2. It wasn't scripted and her daughter needs to back off and get over herself.

Now to the finale...the room was nice, but she could have easily stored the fabric she had to give up in there. For goodness sake there were half filled bins and empty shelves. Also putting fabric in bins is nice but you can store more if you stack your yardage on the shelves and just put the little stuff in bins. At least they could have painted the shelves to make the room look nice and inviting. Also the host is as annoying as all get out. The way he keeps saying "put your family before stuff" every fifteen minutes. I like the host of Clean House much better. She has a sense of humor and is more understanding of what people go through. The quilter in this show ended up looking shell shocked and hurt at the end. Why not fix up that spacious living room and dinning area for a quilt room and send the husband and the daughter out to eat in the garage.
Bottom line, Pilgrim if you touch my stash with out my say so then I will shoot you ala Roster Cogburn, both guns blazing. I will not be watching this show again. And on a further note, so far the OWN hasn't had much of a line up. It should be the OWON...Oprah Winfrey Only Network.
I must agree with you! So much more of the fabrics, etc. could have been put in that garage. Sure, it looked nice and neat; however, there was so much more room to place the fabrics! Those of us who can really arrange, shelf, store and sort to keep that which we want to keep could have done much better than he did! I can say it gave me an idea; my husband had four drawers in his dresser he never uses. So, after HE watched the show, he said I could use his drawers if it would help. You Bet!!!! My sewing room looks much more organized now that four of his drawers are filled with fabrics I had no where to store. Oh, by the way, did I tell you it is a dresser he keeps in my sewing room? He has three dressers of his own in our bedroom, which is 15 X 30. I am keeping this show on tape to watch once in a while....gives me more ambition!!!
Old 02-22-2011, 04:00 PM

Oh my goodness i don't watch enough Tv to enen know they had a show for that. If we didn't have stash we won't be able to do all the things that we do. When soe one all ask can you ????
Old 02-22-2011, 04:52 PM

thanx for the heads up, its almost 5 now, so I am on my way to turn it on'