Pets

Old 09-23-2011, 08:51 AM

All of my 8 FurKids are "Special Needs" except 1.

I have 2 short-hair cats who are geriatric, 18 & 14 yrs old. The 18 year old has very few teeth and eats canned tuna.

I have 3-2yr old long-hair littermates that were all born with the same birth defect of their eyes. 3rd eyelid on all 3 have been removed because it would not retract. Lucy had to have one eye removed because of constant infection. Lucky not only has the eye problem but also a level 2 heart murmur and some brain stem injuries that has lead to his walking funny and his tail curling up like a skunk tail, lol. Luna also has an autoimmune problem that is refered to a "Rat Rot". She developes ulcers in her mouth and on her lips.

I have an Aussie Shep/Lab cross who is deaf and 90% blind. It's a result of bad breeding. You would be amazed at how well she has adapted. Runs at warp speed across the yard chasing my other dog.

Last but not least is Katie who is a deaf Aussie CattleDog. She was one day short of being destroyed when we rescued her. Katie is my Medical Alert/Responce Service Dog. She tells me when something I am allergic to is near.

Don't pass up the special ones, you'll never know what a joy they can be
Old 09-23-2011, 08:53 AM

I have one very spoiled,16 year old, odd eyed persian named Opal.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-261128.jpe  
Old 09-23-2011, 08:56 AM

I have 1 cat named Swiffer , see my avatar.
My son moved back home about 15 months ago and brought his adorable orange tabby named Gutter.
My daughter and son-in-law move into the basement this month and brought their gray tabby, Loki, but we call him the devil cat. The cats all know each other from previous visits so everyone gets along ok. Good thing we only have 2 kids because we have run out of room for any more kids.
Old 09-23-2011, 08:59 AM

Just our two lab daughters. Both a little on the spoiled side, but we like it that way. Different as day and night, but bbfs. Holly, the yellow, loves to swim and explore, Heidi, the chocolate prefers to lay across a lap and get kisses.
Old 09-23-2011, 09:07 AM

2 cats: Sylvester is a 20 lb, long haired tuxedo couch cushion and Emmit is a small silver tabby who keeps us laughing.
2 dogs: Glenn, a 12 yr old golden retriever and Gracie, an 11 month old Gt. Pyrennees. She is already 110 lbs and my shadow.
5 chickens who follow us around and look for open windows to jump through. The girls are in charge of breakfasts around here!
Old 09-23-2011, 09:17 AM

One small cat who rules the roost! She is Ellie, or Elliemae most of the time. She's a gray tuxedo DSH that we adopted from the shelter a year ago. She's very independent, no picking her up and not a lap cat. But she sits at my feet all the time, and will now get on the arm of my chair. Someday, maybe. This is our first pet since the kids left home 30 years ago. She travels well in the motorhome in her nest behind the sofa! Loves it when we get to a campground. Wouldn't go outside for all the catnip in the world. She's one smart kitty!
Old 09-23-2011, 10:16 AM

We hace four Ringo a Pomeranian mix very sweet and bossy. Bear a Black Lab mix who loves his master and playing. Wanda who is some type of hound and Henrietta a Pit Bull who just loves us and appreciates being rescued. She is black and white they call her a Harlequin. Does not like cats or rabbits and is an excellent snaker. Our dogs are companion animals to my husband who is disabled. We had a Trooper too he was a gold colore german shepard. My husband's friend deployed to Iraq and we took Trooper. Sadly he died from cancer.
Old 09-23-2011, 11:45 AM

A 15 yr old Yorkie and a 10 year Yellow Lab. The lab thinks he is a lap dog and the dear yorkie has the consitution of a rottweiler. Our vet has given him 24 hrs to live 3 different times this year and he bounces back each time.
Old 09-23-2011, 11:54 AM

i have 4 rat terriers..i used to breed them..and a demon mini 9 lb. dachshund.
Old 09-23-2011, 02:54 PM
Power Poster

4 cats, 2 dogs, 9 hermit crabs, a turtle and a lizard!!!