Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Picture of new kittens..

Blog Entries
    How adorable! Should be easy to find them homes. Glad you helped that momma out and are giving her and her babies a home.

Wow, that cat must have really trusted you, to turn to you in her hour of need.

My boyfriend's neighbour adopted a pregnant cat last summer. I helped looking after the cat and kittens when the neighbour was away over the weekend. They were an adorable mixed bunch - a tabby, a tabby with white, a black and white and a ginger one. I had my favourite (the tabby with white, that instantly sat on my foot as soon as it could stagger) and I kept telling everyone how happy I was, that all of them already had a good home, because otherwise I might be too tempted to take one. Guess which one didn't have a home after all and ended up at my place! It was destiny - he chose me, and I chose him and we just belong together.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheshirepat
    Wow, this was me last spring! Fortunately she only had 3, and I managed to place them and...well, she's still with me. THANK you for taking pity on mommacat, she needed you! If you need help finding somewhere to get them placed, I'll do my best to find info for you... it takes a good heart to have done what you did.
    Your picture gave me a start. That cat looks so much like the one I had a couple of years ago and that died way too young (two years old and already eaten up by cancer). Is this really a ginger female? They are really rare. Anyway, she's a beauty.

Diana, maybe you can put one of them in your Secret Pal package next month. They are so cute.

Quote Originally Posted by Diana Lynne
    We had a neighbor that "left" a pregnant cat..Another neighbor and I have been taking care of her..A couple of weeks ago, she (the cat) came scratching at my door at 10:30 pm..Ran into my daughter's room, under the bed and had her fist kitten in about 30 minutes..Here they are about 2 weeks old..They are getting so cute and are starting to play a little bit..Its going to be hard to let them go..there are 5 of them :)

Blog Entries
    I'm so glad she found a safe and loving place to birth her babies.

Lol, you aren't kidding! After *LAST* spring, I had 6 (count them SIX!) Scottish Fold cats (abandoned) show up on my porch this spring. I call it the Invisible Neon Sign! It exists! ;-)[/quote]

now my DD would have taken one of those in a heartbeat.
    She wants a Scottish Fold.
    My house use to be like that. All the strays and neighbors dogs who got out would come to my house. Even from the next street over. lol A friend told me that back during the depression the hobo's would put marks showing houses that would give them food etc. She said the animals marked my house like that. My cat's name was Hobo because of that. Seems your house has the same marks. LOL

Looks like their butt is pointing at us? Very plump/black looking very huggable kitties!! I want one to cuddle right now although i do have 2 cats already. Sam (tabby) likes to sit on me while im reading the board and Reidar(Tuxedo) does too when Sam isn't on my lap!
    As for Cheshirepat...those are all adorable cats.

Blog Entries
    [quote=twinkie]Diana, maybe you can put one of them in your Secret Pal package next month. They are so cute.

LOL, I can see that now..My SP getting a box opening it and finding a fur ball with claws, hissing and spitting..

:lol:

Oh, so cute and huggable. Thanks for the pictures.

Blog Entries
    I have attached an enhanced pic so you can see the individual kitties. Hope it comes out on the board. They are soooo cute!

Quote Originally Posted by Diana Lynne
    We had a neighbor that "left" a pregnant cat..Another neighbor and I have been taking care of her..A couple of weeks ago, she (the cat) came scratching at my door at 10:30 pm..Ran into my daughter's room, under the bed and had her fist kitten in about 30 minutes..Here they are about 2 weeks old..They are getting so cute and are starting to play a little bit..Its going to be hard to let them go..there are 5 of them :)
    Black Kitties Sleeping
    Name:  Attachment-215586.jpe
Views: 9
Size:  31.8 KB

Aaah, now I can actually distinguish heads and tails in the black blob. I even see some ears.

Blog Entries
    the mom must of know you would help her out, why can't people take there pets to paws or shelters instead of leaving them to strave is beyond me,can't wait to see more pictures as they get older

[quote=Thusnelda
    Your picture gave me a start. That cat looks so much like the one I had a couple of years ago and that died way too young (two years old and already eaten up by cancer). Is this really a ginger female? They are really rare. Anyway, she's a beauty.[/quote]

Yes, and to top that, she's a polydactyl too! I'm sorry my picture gave you a start, and sorry to hear about your loss...it's NEVER easy, but that is so young to lose one.

Apologies for the threadjack, Diana Lynne - that new pic is MUCH better - can see all their fuzzy wonderousness now!

They look like they are braided together. LOL. I love kittens.

Blog Entries
    ooooh do please keep posting more photos.

Blog Entries
    polydactyl had to check that out wasn't sure what it meant
    I have 2 cats both were strays found Cleo black,white in a RV Park behind the garbage container and Sarah the one in my picture was from a cat shelter she was 8 wks old when we got her,,,

It's sooooo great that you allowed nature to choose your life and home and what a shame that the neighbor thought the cat was disposable.

I love black kitties!!! Too bad my boyfriend and I are in agreement--we are a one-dog/one-cat household, and my cat is in perfect health. Otherwise I'd be road-tripping down to SC in a few weeks. ;)

It is amazing how alike they all look. Very cute....

Power Poster
    Is it safe to say that they are all black? It was good of you and your neighbor to take care of her. We had a neighbor move and leave her cat, just left her to fend for herself. She would let me pet her if she was eating, but that's about all. Well, one day I was standing on the back stairs and heard kittens. I looked down to see that "Mama Kitty" had brought her litter and placed them under some lawn chairs that were leaning against the house. My husband said that God had a sense of humor, because we had two neutered male cats. She hung around for about 5 years and then we never saw her again. I'm sure she felt safe with my 2 neutered males. We managed to give away all the kittens, including Dopey - he crawled into the folds in the pool cover and we tried to get him out, but he came out a short time later, sort of staggering from the hear. Gave him to our mail lady and he had a long and happy life.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MargeD
    Is it safe to say that they are all black? It was good of you and your neighbor to take care of her. We had a neighbor move and leave her cat, just left her to fend for herself. She would let me pet her if she was eating, but that's about all. Well, one day I was standing on the back stairs and heard kittens. I looked down to see that "Mama Kitty" had brought her litter and placed them under some lawn chairs that were leaning against the house. My husband said that God had a sense of humor, because we had two neutered male cats. She hung around for about 5 years and then we never saw her again. I'm sure she felt safe with my 2 neutered males. We managed to give away all the kittens, including Dopey - he crawled into the folds in the pool cover and we tried to get him out, but he came out a short time later, sort of staggering from the hear. Gave him to our mail lady and he had a long and happy life.
    Yes it is safe to say they are all black..One does have a white patch on their chest..Animals are very special and they do seem to know to go to where they are safe..That is so sweet that she brought her babies to you..

They are beautiful and very lucky you and your friend are there to help them..... If I lived just a little bit closer I would take one!

Hugs

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CarolinePaj
    They are beautiful and very lucky you and your friend are there to help them..... If I lived just a little bit closer I would take one!

Hugs
    The Mama cat looks like the cat in your avatar :)

You are her angel...

Beautiful black kitties, I have one now and had another black kitty/cat and I think they are the absolute sweetest of the other colors (4) kitties/cats.
    All but one of the cats I havd or have had were strays.
    So wonderful of you and Hubby to take them in and care for them.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast