pictures of my fur babies

Old 01-15-2014, 11:20 AM
Power Poster

They look very happy and contented. It boggles my mind how people can just drop off an animal, especially when there are shelters that would take them in. They are both very lucky that you found them and nursed them back to health. God bless you for giving them a home and love.
Old 01-15-2014, 11:28 AM

You can tell the heart of a person by how they show kindness to other living things. Love dogs and mine is a rescue. Thanks for rescuing your puppies.
Old 01-15-2014, 11:58 AM

Location: Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!

awww how precious .. My avatar is our rescue. My daughter is a foster mom for the Rocky Mountain Great Dane Rescue, she takes them in, evaluates them and then tries to find their forever home for the Gentle Giants.
Old 01-15-2014, 04:25 PM

We live with two Weimaraners..gray labs...one blind, other just a bit abused. Both rescues by my daughter.....blind one was sighted until about two vet said, then became blind..a genetic thing..he was being trained for hunting we presume because he reacts instantly to commands. Gets around wonderfully...his paws are his eyes...he has crashed a few times, but nothing serious. When she went to see him..not told he was blind, but she knew instantly he was...he came right to her and sat down. Handler said he had not done that to anyone else...so he came home with her.....3yrs now..second is sighted, but was skittish although trained, but sad eyes.....he has been here less than a year now, is the blind ones "eyes" and he has just been certified as a therapy dog so now he has a "job". We also have three cats, and they each have a story........
Old 01-15-2014, 08:46 PM

We now have 2 rescues. We lost our elderly yorkies, litter sisters, one year apart. Sadie came first - a Coton de Tulear, and she'd been kept in a cage the first 2 years of her life (she was 4 when we got her). When she is anxious she circles like she used to in the cage, and when quite anxious (very seldom now, thank heaven), the circle is quite tight. She was scared of men - but its now been 21 months and her favorite person in the house is my DH -- she absolutely adores him. She helped our old yorkie at the end when her sight was failing - would wait for her to reach her coming out the dog door and lead her out to the yard. Second rescue arrived a couple of months after our last old yorkie died. She is a Silky Terrier named Bella, and I am thankful every day we don't have any trees in our back yard -- this breed will climb trees going after squirrels if there are limbs low enough. She has killed a huge rat out back (one bite - and it was dead) & got rid of moles that were tunneling out there, too. Hasn't gotten a bird or squirrel yet, but she will eventually as she's tenacious about hunting. We absolutely adore these two...they sleep right between us, under the covers most of the time. I cannot imagine my life without having dogs in it.
Old 01-16-2014, 09:15 AM
Power Poster

They appear very happy with you
Old 01-16-2014, 09:42 AM

Rescue is best-we rescued the babies we have-the lab is gone now but we still have the kelpi-DH said I could get another in March-vet is looking as am I-PawSafe Rescue brings them up from the south to good home here in the northeast. Too many animals are left to die in shelters. Desexing is the way to go!
Old 01-17-2014, 08:13 AM
Power Poster

God Bless all you dog lovers and helpers.... You are all very special people that have earned a place in Heaven....
Old 01-21-2014, 12:45 AM

As I read these beautiful comments and lovely picture of your dogs, i have the youngest of my 3 at nearly 2 but looks 6 months licking my ear and resting on my shoulder telling me I haven't finished my coffee. I other words hurry up and drink it until I can have ago.
Old 01-22-2014, 09:02 PM

I've told this many times, but i soooo believe in it, rescue is the way to go! Spay/neuter! There is a place for registered breeds, but there needs to be a stop to the disposable pet/ animal mentality. They may not be people, but they have feelings, sensations and abilities. They have humour, sadness, fear and trust and joy, among others. They will love you unconditionally if you love them and care for them. They will lay down their lives for you. They are better friends than most people. They deserve to be treated with respect and care, kindness and love. I would be lost without my cats and dogs. I have tried living without and it doesn't work for me. I have an aged cat, sleeping inside the curve of my arm as i type this. He won't be with us for too much longer, and it will break my heart when he passes. But i know there is another cat that is waiting for his forever home and he will receive the love that simon has taught me to give. There is no replacement for a lost pet, but there is always another that needs and wants a forever home, and has love to give you in exchange.