Pictures of our new home.

Old 06-26-2009, 06:25 AM

Kathryn, come on over and I mean that literally. Once we are totally settled, I would love to have company. I hate to think about the packing up we still need to do and all the unpacking we will have to do - YIKES! Daughter and family coming right after we move in and I hope she will help some - she loves to organize, but she also loves to beach it!

We have our fall vacations planned too, so I guess we might take all winter to unpack! Like DH says, we work two hours and then need to take a nap. Oh to be younger!

Everyone welcome at some point!
Old 06-26-2009, 06:34 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Originally Posted by beachlady
Kathryn, come on over and I mean that literally.
I might just take you up on that one day - I would love to come and tour the States and visit as many 'boarders' as possible! :D
Old 06-26-2009, 06:36 AM

Karla, real estate taxes and being retired made the decision easier for us. It will be very hard to move from here, but selling my house here has given me lots of extra money to live on! Real estate on the ocean is just ridiculous. My lot here is 50' by 100' and the new house is over an acre and taxes are half of what we pay here and house was also less money, though we did get a good deal on it. This house has been in the family since 1930 - grandfather bought it during the depression - cry when I think about leaving, but the up keep with a house directly on the water was taking a tole on us too. The maintenace is costly and we are getting too old to do most of the work ourselves.

Hopefully we will be able to travel more now and not have to put any extra money into repairs!
Old 06-26-2009, 06:38 AM

That is a beautiful house and a great setting it is in.
Old 06-26-2009, 06:38 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by k3n
Kathryn, come on over and I mean that literally.
I might just take you up on that one day - I would love to come and tour the States and visit as many 'boarders' as possible! :D
See, visit beachlady in the NE on the Atlantic and then me in the NW on the Pacific 8) 8) :wink: I promise not to teach your children toooo many naughty american "amma" antics!!!! I have a straw trick of my own that the kids just LOVE!!! The rest is a secret 8) 8) 8)
Old 06-26-2009, 06:40 AM

Amma, isn't that straw trick a loud one - under the arm pits or something? You naughty girl.

Kathryn - I don't know any bad tricks except the Land of Lakes butter one. I'll buy some if you come over.
Old 06-26-2009, 06:42 AM
Power Poster

Kathryn, come on over and I mean that literally. Once we are totally settled, I would love to have company. I hate to think about the packing up we still need to do and all the unpacking we will have to do - YIKES! Daughter and family coming right after we move in and I hope she will help some - she loves to organize, but she also loves to beach it!

We have our fall vacations planned too, so I guess we might take all winter to unpack! Like DH says, we work two hours and then need to take a nap. Oh to be younger!

Everyone welcome at some point!
Well, maybe we need to schedule a road trip to your home, help ya pack, move, unpack.....with everyone here it will take about 3 days, LOL....then we can all sit back and oooh and aaah over your new room and stash, and then enjoy visiting and looking at the beautiful views from your deck and grounds!!!!!
Old 06-26-2009, 06:43 AM
Banned

its beautiful.

i'm like you - i have to live on the water - i could never be land locked.

we live on the Hudson River
Old 06-26-2009, 06:45 AM
Power Poster

Amma, isn't that straw trick a loud one - under the arm pits or something? You naughty girl.

Kathryn - I don't know any bad tricks except the Land of Lakes butter one. I'll buy some if you come over.
Nope this one is totally different and quiet, lol.... keeps the kids entertained in restaurants while waiting for their meals :wink: :lol: Although I did show the other one to the grands and they LOVED it :lol: :lol: :lol: Mama= :roll: :roll: :roll:
Old 06-26-2009, 06:50 AM
Power Poster

Karla, real estate taxes and being retired made the decision easier for us. It will be very hard to move from here, but selling my house here has given me lots of extra money to live on! Real estate on the ocean is just ridiculous. My lot here is 50' by 100' and the new house is over an acre and taxes are half of what we pay here and house was also less money, though we did get a good deal on it. This house has been in the family since 1930 - grandfather bought it during the depression - cry when I think about leaving, but the up keep with a house directly on the water was taking a tole on us too. The maintenace is costly and we are getting too old to do most of the work ourselves.

Hopefully we will be able to travel more now and not have to put any extra money into repairs!
More and more people are having to do this out here also! It is sad, but necessary if you want to be financially able to realize the retirement dreams....a friend of mine just had to sell their family homestead, family had been living there since 1905 or 1907.....
But, you will be starting a new "Homestead" for future generations, I can hear the grands and greatgrands "Let's go to the lake and see grama and grampa!!! I want to fish! I want to swim! I wanna boat!" Ahhhhh lots of good memories ahead :D :D :D