Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Pictures of our new home.

Lots of pictures for you to enjoy. We are excited to move in August! We are moving from the ocean to a lake - different, but still near water at least!
    Attached Images Attached Images

more....

more....

Beachlady

That looks wonderful & fully deserved too.

Oh to live by the water again I would love that. Well you sit back & enjoy the reaps of the hard work on that lovely decking of yours & think of me. :wink:

Tisha

more

I see no picture of sewing room???

And the BEST for last!!!! My sewing room. 21'x 21'

There it is K.

Gorgeous! I think you will be very happy in that beautiful home. Will you have to change your name to lakelady? LOL!

WHOA BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am moving in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you changing your name to lakelady!?!?

It's beautiful, beachlady! I hope you are very happy there and don't miss the beach too much. Love the sewing room!

Wow, what a great house. Enjoy it. I'll bet that sewing room sold you, huh??

View of Lake

Blog Entries
    What A Beautiful Home. Enjoy.

WOW!!!! Gorgeous! The front porch, the view from it and the sewing room are tied for top place (in my vote) and the kitchen comes in 2nd!!! ENJOY!

As soon as I saw all the built-ins, I claimed that room! Will probably put a futon in there, so we can have extra company. There are 3 bedrooms upstairs and an office room on the first floor that I "gave" to DH - much smaller than the sewing room. I offered to share the sewing room with his office/den, but he did not want to, so I quickly agreed!!!

Will probably redo kichen cabinets and countertops. The kitchen has two pantrys, so no need for more cabinets. Amount of kitchen cabinets less than here, but only have kitchen bar here and new kitchen has the bar and good sized eating area beside the dining room.

Blog Entries
    Your home is gorgeous!!!! The view of the lake, the trees all around, and your SEWING ROOM, WoooHoooo!! Lucky lucky you!!!! :D :D :D

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Wow it's gorgeous! I love it - lovely and light with all those windows and the wood floors and exposed brick on the fireplace! Beautiful! And I love the deck and sunroom - and as for your sewing room - well, hope you've got room for a lodger because I'm moving in! LOL

Blog Entries
    What a great looking home, I bed you can hardly wait to move in now. Do you have enough spare bedrooms for us all to come and visit? Thanks for sharing all the lovely photos. And yes, I do envy you such a lovely sewing room. We expect great things to come out of it.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Oh my--I love my house, but if I could live nearer water--I'm be so tempted to move. What a beautiful beautiful home. I can already feel the happiness and you haven't even moved in yet!! :D Every view is gorgeous.

How close are the neighbors? Will you miss the ocean? The kayaking will be calmer. :wink:

What made you decide to move?

Kathryn, come on over and I mean that literally. Once we are totally settled, I would love to have company. I hate to think about the packing up we still need to do and all the unpacking we will have to do - YIKES! Daughter and family coming right after we move in and I hope she will help some - she loves to organize, but she also loves to beach it!

We have our fall vacations planned too, so I guess we might take all winter to unpack! Like DH says, we work two hours and then need to take a nap. Oh to be younger!

Everyone welcome at some point!

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by beachlady
    Kathryn, come on over and I mean that literally.
    I might just take you up on that one day - I would love to come and tour the States and visit as many 'boarders' as possible! :D

Karla, real estate taxes and being retired made the decision easier for us. It will be very hard to move from here, but selling my house here has given me lots of extra money to live on! Real estate on the ocean is just ridiculous. My lot here is 50' by 100' and the new house is over an acre and taxes are half of what we pay here and house was also less money, though we did get a good deal on it. This house has been in the family since 1930 - grandfather bought it during the depression - cry when I think about leaving, but the up keep with a house directly on the water was taking a tole on us too. The maintenace is costly and we are getting too old to do most of the work ourselves.

Hopefully we will be able to travel more now and not have to put any extra money into repairs!

That is a beautiful house and a great setting it is in.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by k3n
    Quote Originally Posted by beachlady
    Kathryn, come on over and I mean that literally.
    I might just take you up on that one day - I would love to come and tour the States and visit as many 'boarders' as possible! :D
    See, visit beachlady in the NE on the Atlantic and then me in the NW on the Pacific 8) 8) :wink: I promise not to teach your children toooo many naughty american "amma" antics!!!! I have a straw trick of my own that the kids just LOVE!!! The rest is a secret 8) 8) 8)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast