Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Pictures of our non-human friends >

Pictures of our non-human friends

Pictures of our non-human friends

Old 03-30-2011, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by weasier22
...in fact there was an ad in the paper today to adopt an bull mastiff female. It's tempting. I just want to be sure that I'm ready to have another...I want to be able to give the love the animal deserves. Thank you again. I think this post is wonderful ...wonderful people and wonderful "friends".
I urge you to check her out. There will never be a replacement for the ones that pass, but then, no one will be able to replace the new one too. In their own way, each one was perfect for me. My heart still aches for Penny, Mahana and Stormy, yet I know they wouldn't want me to be so sad because of them. To them, their very existence seemed to be for me and my sister. (And Dad.) I thought our "family" was perfect with them, and want them back so bad, but now I'd want Emily too!

>>>>>>
Old 03-30-2011, 04:47 PM

This isn't the best picture I have of her but the only one on my computer to share. Her name was Katie and we lost her on July 14, 09, ten days after her 12th b'day (we didn't really know the exact day but the vet said she was probably born the first 2 weeks in July.) I remember thinking the day she passed that we were just singing Happy B'day to her, she was healthy and moved like a puppy. It was very sudden, on Sunday she became ill. I took her to the vet Monday morning and she 'appeared' fine to the vet, well not fine but nothing serious. The next day she was gone. She was our love. She played a huge role that she took on herself (I always called her mama's helper) in training our dobie (on left in my avatar) in many different ways. Our dogs are not allowed on furniture and when the dobie was a puppy she jumped on the couch when I was in a different room. Katie made it clear that this wasn't allowed before I even got in the room and it never happened again.

About 2 weeks after Katie passed I said her name and the dobie was sleeping. She got up and went running around to find Katie. I felt so bad for her.

I found Katie, someone left her tied up at the vet I was working at. She was easy to train and learned fast. She loved fetch and playing hide & seek with her toys. Even people that weren't 'dog people' couldn't resist her charms.

In the picture she is covered with her 'love blankie' a quilt I made for her, even hand quilted it for her.

Katie
[ATTACH=CONFIG]177611[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-177605.jpe  
Old 03-30-2011, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by Scrap Happy
In the picture she is covered with her 'love blankie' a quilt I made for her, even hand quilted it for her.
Look at that sweet face! She sounds like a treasure. So sorry she's gone. I would have loved to meet her.
Old 03-31-2011, 11:54 AM

Dog lover here-her name is Britta and she was a rescue at 2yrs old and now is my best buddy, thinks she's human too. My last German Shepard lived to 14yrs old so I hope she will last that long to. Moosegirl

Brita with toy
[ATTACH=CONFIG]177872[/ATTACH]

Brita with another rescue dog
[ATTACH=CONFIG]177873[/ATTACH]

Brita naptime
[ATTACH=CONFIG]177874[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-177866.jpe   attachment-177867.jpe   attachment-177868.jpe  
Old 04-04-2011, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by moosegirl
Dog lover here-her name is Britta and she was a rescue at 2yrs old and now is my best buddy, thinks she's human too. My last German Shepard lived to 14yrs old so I hope she will last that long to. Moosegirl
She looks so cute with her stuffed toys. Does she like to carry them around? I hope she'll live 14 years too!
Old 04-09-2011, 11:24 PM

As requested here is a picture of Millie (my avatar) she is a fox/lakeland X terrier who is now 7 yrs this is just after her first summer haircut she is normally alot curlier!! she is not your normal terrier as she will run away at the first sign of trouble and is a complete pacifist :D

this is Millie and Charlie cat who is 21 years of age
[ATTACH=CONFIG]182059[/ATTACH]

ET aka Millie after a bath
[ATTACH=CONFIG]182060[/ATTACH]

and this is Hazel - who sadly passed away peacefully at home a month ago aged 14 1/2
[ATTACH=CONFIG]182061[/ATTACH]

and finally Bluey who passed on a couple of years ago at the grand old age of 18
[ATTACH=CONFIG]182062[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-182052.jpe   attachment-182053.jpe   attachment-182054.jpe   attachment-182055.jpe   attachment-182056.jpe  

Old 04-10-2011, 04:40 AM

Janedee, your babies are beautiful and it’s easy to see how loved they are. I am so sorry about your loss of Hazel, she was a beauty and looks so sweet in her picture. (((HUGS)))

Celeste, I’m so glad you started this topic. I enjoy seeing everyone’s precious pets and the sweet stories that everyone is sharing.
Old 04-10-2011, 05:05 AM

Here is a picture of China close up (on the left in my avatar.) She is the only dog we ever bought as a puppy, others have been rescues. In the picture she is wearing a t-shirt because at the time she had a tumor that the vet thought was cancer but thankfully it wasn’t. He told us to keep a t-shirt on her to protect her from making it worse while we were waiting for the test results.

When my Dad was alive he moved from CT to FL we. He was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s after he moved here. China immediately loved Dad and wouldn’t leave is side, she knew. She will be 10 on August 7th.

Will share a picture of the Shepherd in my avatar another time.

China
[ATTACH=CONFIG]182088[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-182082.jpe  
Old 04-10-2011, 08:51 AM

Moosegirl, my Patches (he came with that appropriate name) loves stuffed toys. I'd love a shark-do you remember where you got it? It's not like he needs it--his "apartment" looks like he should be on Hoarders LOL>
Old 04-10-2011, 10:31 AM

Meet Tobin, our 3 yr old boxer who actually thinks he's a person with fur! He talks a lot like we're supposed to know what he's telling us and loves his bed in front of the fireplace in the winter.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-182247.jpe   attachment-182248.jpe