Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Please be careful - TEXTING -

Powerful message.

put it on my facebook--thank you. gotta get a tissue.

Blog Entries
    I have never understood why they had to make cell phones so that they could do this. It should be played in every school, in every town, all the time until people get it into their brains --this is what happens when you don't pay attention to the road. You want to drive--then drive. you want to text, pull over or leave it until you stop. More teens I think die this way now than DWI. Always a horror story for those first on the scens and the families that are left behind.

You cant say enough..

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Wow. Posted to my FB - thank you.

Blog Entries
    This should be shown to every single person of driving age, and a couple of years before, at age 14 or so.

This is one of the very reasons I spent yesterday at what turned out to be a normal, 9 hour blood drive at our local college. We met at 7:30 AM and loaded up the van and a coach, then went to our local Merced College where we got a lot of life saving blood. We returned to the blood center at about 4:15.
    All of us were exhausted, and some of the extra phlebotomists, the ones who draw the blood, had to drive the long way back to their base in Sacramento. And you can bet that THEY will never text while driving.
    Some of it, far too much of it, will get used on text massager's victims and on them too, should they still be alive after the car wreck they caused.

Thanks Merced College, you saved lives today and tomorrow and up until the blood is too old to use and discarded, and that is very, very rarely done nowadays because of the extreme need. Now go forward and leave that damn killer massager alone till you are parked!!

Every one who can give blood should. It's good for you as well, since you get a mini physical exam, as well as the good feeling that you have helped someone in desperate need.

Blog Entries
    I donate blood too. what a lifesaver it has turned out to be for those who need the blood. Mine blood type isn't seen around here much, so they definitely want me to keep on. I can do it again next week but will be in Fargo for school for my new job.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by amyjo
    I donate blood too. what a lifesaver it has turned out to be for those who need the blood. Mine blood type isn't seen around here much, so they definitely want me to keep on. I can do it again next week but will be in Fargo for school for my new job.
    ----------------------------------
    Thank you for donating blood. It may save someone close to you.
    Look around for evening blood drives, these happen often. Sometimes we go to a drive that lasts from 3PM to 7PM.(Or whenever the one who is chairing this drive can get people in to it. We'll work with you on this. And sometimes in the Sacramento area there have been 24 hour drives, and they were well attended) Lots of folks go there after they get off work. They can donate blood, then sit and chat with friends at the little goodie table while feeling that marvelous sense of accomplishment. And it is well deserved. Even one of our own staff had his premie twin sons helped by our blood donors!!! Now he is one of our biggest boosters!!

very powerful --

there is software that you can download on your teen's phone that will disable texting while the phone is in motion of more than 5mph. Here is a typical one.
    http://www.textecution.com/

I don't have kids but I can't see why EVERY parent wouldn't get this to keep their kids safe.

I'm showing this to my gd, even though I don't think she would text and drive, you just never know. I also think it should be shown at schools, definitely the high schools.

Blog Entries
    Ty for this. How awful. I lost my adopted daughter in a car accident on Christmas eve. Not to testing but supposedly because the boy got mad cause she broke up with him!!
    Thanks Merced for blood drive! ( I was born there when it was a tiny town)
    Pls show this to every person driving!!

Every one that texts needs to see this film. Life is too precious to take risks.

thank you for sharing - hopefully lives will be saved as this message gets posted and travels among FB pages.

Thanks for sharing this!