Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
please everybody don't throw rotten eggs and tomatoes at me LOL! >

please everybody don't throw rotten eggs and tomatoes at me LOL!

please everybody don't throw rotten eggs and tomatoes at me LOL!

Old 03-17-2014, 10:24 AM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

Its darling... but i have a suggestion... why not have your GD come and help stuff the puffs.... it would give you two quality time and she will have the memories of helping grandma make the treasured quilt..
Old 03-17-2014, 03:36 PM

I have ordered from Figis, usually candy meat packages but they have been around along time. Very pretty too.
Old 03-17-2014, 03:58 PM
Power Poster

I understand what you are thinking and I will not throw anything at you. It is a cool ensemble and I for one would love it if I were your GD. Go for it.
peace
Old 03-17-2014, 04:15 PM

I made a 'puff' or 'biscuit' quilt last year. They are not difficult. They are not actually quilted, so when the back is on, you just tie them at the intersections with the ties on the front or back, which ever is pleasing to you. I backed mine with flannel per DH's request. He will never sleep too cold again! Lol!
Old 03-18-2014, 07:45 AM

I know my DIL has ordered from them and has been very happy. BUT i would do a search and check some other sites for better prices,
Do a search with Puff quilt bedroom set and search by pictures. that way you can see all kinds including that one and than click on the picture to go to the site. I do that all the time

Last edited by debbieoh; 03-18-2014 at 07:47 AM.
Old 03-18-2014, 07:53 AM
Power Poster

If that's what she wants then go for it. ANd don't take it personal. You can always make her something else.
Old 03-18-2014, 11:23 AM

Figis is an established reputable company from right here in WI. Employees are very friendly and helpful when contacting them. We have ordered many times over the years, as have our friends. For many years my mother would buy a box of cheeses and sausages during the holidays. Some may find items cheaper elsewhere, but I will take their care, handling and the servicing of the products anyday.
Old 03-18-2014, 11:48 AM

Here is my 2 cents. There's nothing wrong with a ready made quilt. I have not heard of this company. Not everyone has the time, talent or money for a hand made quilt. Personally, I ordered a quilt made by Sunday River Quilts probably 10 years ago. It featured a center Texas star motif, surrounding trapunto and a scalloped boarder. I admired all three techniques and knew I would never attempt any of them. It's held up well and still one of my favorite quilts.
Old 03-18-2014, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by madamekelly View Post
I made a 'puff' or 'biscuit' quilt last year. They are not difficult. They are not actually quilted, so when the back is on, you just tie them at the intersections with the ties on the front or back, which ever is pleasing to you. I backed mine with flannel per DH's request. He will never sleep too cold again! Lol!
They are pretty simple to make but are pretty labor intensive also. I probably won't make another one in my lifetime!!

Originally Posted by Gladmaker View Post
The reason they are sold cheaply is that they are imported - probably from China.
Most of the quilts I've seen from China are cheaper than I can buy the fabric for and that doesn't even cover my time making it.
I was thinking the same thing about the cost. I made one a couple of years ago and I had almost $75 in just the outside fabric of the puffs. That doesn't include the muslin, backing, thread and stuffing that I used and all the time involved in making it. A twin size from this site is $119 and it is in the color she wants. Hold your head high and order it!!!!
Old 03-18-2014, 11:54 AM

Sorry, I've never ordered a quilt from anyone. No one will throw anything at you. If she likes it and you are willing, then do what you want. You're an adult.

If you decide to make it, then you go girl!