PLEASE PLEASE READ!!!

Old 10-23-2011, 08:49 AM

glad every one is safe...

we tend to get a mind set, " if they sell it , it must be safe".....
Old 10-23-2011, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by valleyquiltermo
Originally Posted by oldswimmer
Oh my....soooo Sorry to hear about your loss...but so thankful that you, your family AND the hamster are ok. Thanks for the heads up. I will be checking my cords through the house now too.

I will also keep a good thought about dealing with your insuruance company. Let me know when you are ready, and I will help you restock your stash ! I am very serious. I have so much, and would love nothing more than to share some with a fellow QB member that may need some. I can even send it now if you are ready. PM me when you are ready and what you may like, and I will send you a box.

Wishing you the best, and glad you and family are safe!
Pegg
Ditto here I'm willing to share with you, just pm me and I'll also send you a box or 2.

:thumbup:
ditto!i have been blessed,so want to sif!
my pm is dar627742 & will help any way i can.
had 3 fires in 4 yrs [rental ptoperty,no loss of life,thank God]
so have some idea of what you're going thru!
will be waiting for your pm,please don't be too proud, we all need help sometimes!
dar :roll: :thumbup:
Old 10-23-2011, 09:08 AM

So sorry to hear that you have had a loss...glad it was not the family though. Thank you so much for the warnings. I think I have everything on power strips, but will check anyway....thanks for the reminder.
Old 10-23-2011, 09:09 AM

Oh my goodness, I feel so awful for you and your family. I can't imagine going through something like that.

I am so sorry!!!

Chris
Old 10-23-2011, 09:18 AM

I'm so sorry to hear about your house fire, but very glad that no one was hurt or killed. Thanks so much for warning us about the cheap extension cords. I also want to volunteer to send you some fabric if you want. Please PM me with the information. Once again, I'm glad that you and your family and pets are okay.
Old 10-23-2011, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by oldswimmer
Oh my....soooo Sorry to hear about your loss...but so thankful that you, your family AND the hamster are ok. Thanks for the heads up. I will be checking my cords through the house now too.

Let me know when you are ready, and I will help you restock your stash ! I am very serious. I have so much, and would love nothing more than to share some with a fellow QB member that may need some. I can even send it now if you are ready. PM me when you are ready and what you may like, and I will send you a box.

Wishing you the best, and glad you and family are safe!
Pegg

WONDERFUL IDEA PEGG!!! Count me in! If we all share a little... she will be restored to "quilting status" in no time!

Don't forget to put an estimate on your insurance claims for your fabric losses (every piece). It seems petty but this will all add up. Start making a list now while things are fresh in your memory. I had over $150 in spices in my kitchen (who knew), and a freezer full of beef that held value too. DO NOT sign off on anything without getting legal advice if you are the least bit unsure.

If you lost everything this will seem like a mountain TOO TALL to climb, but if you just get organized from the beginning it will save your sanity in the long run. I remember sitting in the Super 8 with my daughter and 92# dog...and it dawned on me I didn't even have a pencil to write with nor a piece of paper to write on. It was pretty dismal for awhile.

*Some TIPS*
Get a note book and put clear plastic sleeves in it. I got handed so many business cards from everyone I couldn't keep anyone straight after awhile. I had a second note book that I jotted down random thoughts in and dated them. That INCLUDES any and ALL phone conversations you have with anyone. Especially your insurance agents.

Mentally walk yourself through EVERY ROOM of your home and visualize what was in the dressers, closets etc. Even now.. allllll these years later I will go looking for something I KNOW I had..and can't find it... then it hits me.. Oh.. dang.. it went up in smoke. Some of these things I never claimed because I could not think straight.

If you want any more tips PM me...and I'll try to send you an outline of how I got organized and kept my head above water. My insurance company left me swinging in the wind for a year. It was the most unimaginable cruel experience ever.

My main "emotionally grounding" thought was reminding myself that there was NO LOSS OF LIFE...and that was my "rock" when I felt so very overwhelmed. We were very blessed in the long run. Not everyone is so lucky in a fire.

Good Luck!
Old 10-23-2011, 09:24 AM

When you get a chance take inventory/list what you lost or what was damaged and post it for us please.
This way we know what to send.
{{{{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}
Old 10-23-2011, 09:28 AM

Oh what an awful thing to happen ! My wish is for you to be restored quickly and with the least amount of additional stress.
Thank-you for taking time to post this valuable message to all.
Old 10-23-2011, 10:29 AM

So sorry this happened. Thank goodness everyone is OK and you still have your house. But what a job to get it back together. Not to mention all the irreplaceable things you lost.

Thanks for the warning. Sometimes we take chances we're not even aware of.
Old 10-23-2011, 10:34 AM

prayers to you and yours. we also had a house fire and lost everything but our lives. thank our lord for that. mine was from a dryer hose that was too close to the outlet. it caught the lint on fire and wow there went the house. i have sense replace a lot of things but still refer to things as bf or af ( before the fire and after the fire. ) that was a few years back but will never forget it. I check all outlets and hoses every 6 months at least now. blessings to you and yours. ogama