Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Please show me some of your interior. >

Please show me some of your interior.

Please show me some of your interior.

Old 10-26-2010, 07:21 AM

Ok, Maksi, here are a couple of shots of my house.

Living room looking east
[ATTACH=CONFIG]104574[/ATTACH]

Living room looking west
[ATTACH=CONFIG]104575[/ATTACH]

Back side of house
[ATTACH=CONFIG]104576[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-104569.jpe   attachment-104570.jpe   attachment-104571.jpe  
Old 10-26-2010, 07:26 AM

HI

We built a house 9 years ago. Here is what we did. The huge TV is now in the finished basement and we have a flat screen there, that opened up more room.

The one bedroom has a queen bed in it - to large for the space but we didn't want to get rid of the extra bed.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-105032.jpe   attachment-105034.jpe   attachment-105040.jpe   attachment-105273.jpe   attachment-105274.jpe  

attachment-105414.jpe  
Old 10-26-2010, 08:19 AM

Maksi,
I looked at your before photos. It is not easy to live day to day while the new house is coming to life. :-) (Honey, which box are the towels in? Has anyone seen the car key?).:-)
Did you have some one come in to do it for you? Did you and ??? do it? The finished home is pretty. I hope you will enjoy it very much. I smiled when I saw your sewing and sewing machine out. Priorities need a space no matter what is happening in the home. :thumbup:
Thank you for sharing. I looked also at the photos of your city. I really enjoyed the moments.
Old 10-26-2010, 09:38 AM

I just noticed you asked for interior shots. Oops. But we haven't done anything to our interior because that was the only reason we bought the house. We liked the inside. The outside was ugly as you can see.
Old 10-26-2010, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by Ditter43
In 2006 my DH had a temporary job that kept him on the road a lot. The job lasted about 3 months. The day I took him to the airport, I came home and started tearing out walls and a dropped ceiling. It was hard physical work but I enjoyed knowing the change at the end would be worth it. This is the result. You can't see the whole kitchen in this picture.
WOW!!!!
Oh your kitchen is the same lay out as mine w/ the exception of the frig. I have been very torn how to remodel it. If I were to place my frig where yours is I cut down the large entry way into my family rm and have to move the plumbing...love the job you did, not sure I would be brave enough to tackle that by myself.
Old 10-26-2010, 12:35 PM

My DH did almost all the work.( and I did the cleaning) Only for the toilet there was a someone in for some plumming. Our yard in half on sunside so we have always some shadow if we want.
Dorothy your are so right, sewing is my priority.... even if the whole house is a big mess. :)

Murphy, please share some pictures with us. We'd love to see them. :)

Ditter, your kitchen is great, mine is much smaller.

SSGramma, your livingroom looks so cosy now. (fireplace yeah!)

Sandyin, I love the way how your house turned out. Amazing!

Lisa, Nice big livingroom. Your floor is stunning( and very shiny). The back of your house looks great and so new if it was build yesterday.

Connie you do have a great interior, and also a great vieuw.

I asked for interiors and ideas but I'd love to see outsides too. I love to see other peoples homes and how they live.
Old 10-26-2010, 01:50 PM

Dorothy I think you saw this picture. You see parts of the kitchen packed behind te dressoir and there were tools, mess and dust all over the place. Had to cook on an old stove and the overdoor was my workingspace and had a bucket as a sink. But the memories of those days always make me smile. It was just fun! And I kept on sewing. :)
[img]http://www.mijnalbum.nl/Foto-MMD8FVRV.jpg[/img]
Old 10-27-2010, 10:22 AM

I know how it can be when you are trying to remodle a home. I think here in America we are spoiled. It seems we often have a garage to work in also and to store things there until we finish one part of the remolding. Our basement seems to be the catch all for things. We are getting ready to remodle a bathroom. Last year my husband put one in the basement. As we had only one. I pray that this will be over soon and you willl be back to normal with room you thought that you would never have.
Old 10-27-2010, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by SandyinZ4
Thanks for showing us your work in progress. Bet you will be excited to have the bathroom finished. Please keep us posted on how things come along. I will look for some of what we have done and post it for you.
Wow! What a transformation! Love the look of your 'new' home
Old 10-27-2010, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by Ditter43
In 2006 my DH had a temporary job that kept him on the road a lot. The job lasted about 3 months. The day I took him to the airport, I came home and started tearing out walls and a dropped ceiling. It was hard physical work but I enjoyed knowing the change at the end would be worth it. This is the result. You can't see the whole kitchen in this picture.
LOL>>>DITTER
first thing I spotted was the rooster in the corner.
I'm bad...