Pre Lit trees

Old 12-04-2014, 09:54 AM

Got ours at Hobby Lobby 7 1/2 ft. LOTs of lights easy peasy.
Old 12-04-2014, 12:26 PM

Warning!- do not buy just any tree. Walk up and touch them, brush against them, and be sure there are no sharp points. The first one I bought shredded our arms trying to put it up. The second one has no sharp points. The first one was from Home Depot and cost me $169, and the the nice one was $32 at Walmart, so price is no guarantee of good quality in this case.
Old 12-04-2014, 12:43 PM
Power Poster

We had a prelit that never went out. It wasn't very tall about 18" and only because of space issues. My sister has a prelit she's had for about eight years. She had couple lights go out and got some lights attached to a small battery pack. She just disbursed those through her tree in the areas that aren't as well lit. She has a lot of chrome ornaments she put glitter on. With the lights reflecting off and glitter you can't tell any lights are missing. the battery pack light have their own on and off switches. About $3. a piece.
Old 12-04-2014, 01:47 PM
Power Poster

I have a pre-lit tree, only used it a few times.
Old 12-04-2014, 02:07 PM

I just orderd a non prelit . I have lots of nice special lights I want to use. Years ago I bought a tree after xmas and then the next year I tied with wired several strands of lights. They were good name brand lights and I had that tree for about 25 yrs. I was so big I stored it in two huge boxes. Fainally I gave it to the church. When the lights on that tree started going bad my DH spent hours trying to fix and I finally cut all the lights off and used my own. I bought a prelit tree new at a thrift store and used it for a couple years and gave it to my daughter. Now I am going back to non pre lit tree.
Old 12-05-2014, 07:34 AM

We bought a Noma brand tree with coloured pre-strung LED lights 5 or 6 years ago and have been really pleased with it. One light has burned out and the rest still work. It's much easier to use and I don't have to deal with the wrapping and untangling of lights, just plug section A into section B, and section B into section C after the pieces have been put together. My Mother in Law was so impressed with the ease of putting up and taking down the tree, she replaced her old one too!
Old 12-07-2014, 04:47 PM

We are on our second pre-lit tree in 3 years. We had issues with the first tree the very first season...the top section would be on...then, a little bit later, it would be off. Very frustrating. Then last year, the top section kept going off and on and the middle section only had half the lights burning. So, I put a strand of lights in that area and that worked fine till the evening before all our family were coming and, wouldn't you know it, that extra strand started randomly going on and off! So, we went out last weekend and bought a new tree at Lowes. It is a beautiful pre-lit tree...very sturdy and seems well put together.