the price of squash

Old 09-25-2011, 01:25 AM

- thats why it matters, its not just that it matters to me, it matters to all of us.

Amen!
Old 09-25-2011, 04:56 AM

good for you! geez try and help people! I cashiered while in college and if the register was short it came out of my PT pay!
It was really nice of you to try and get them to fix it. I think people just dont ever want to accept they make mistakes, esp with money.

I always recount my money in front of the teller in a bank, too, when they hand me cash. I remember cashing my paycheck (this was in the early 70s), grocery shopping, and getting a call at home from the bank at 9 PM that same friday nite, and they insisted, when they cashed up that afternoon they were 100$ short and they tracked it down to my transaction! well,let me tell you! I was only cashing a 135$ paycheck! my husband and I counted all the money leftover from paying for groceries and paying bills and had reciepts and everything - I KNEW I didnt take any extra money let alone 100$ more! I was so insulted. They left it as they thought it was me but they would recount, again! I had a savings account, checking account and mortgage with them! Starting next week I recounted my cash at the window and have at every bank Ive used since! sharet
Old 09-25-2011, 05:04 AM

Originally Posted by DogHouseMom
I'm guilty of not checking, and I'll only question something if is well out of line (like a $10 squash).

I TOTALLY agree with you though. The prices need to be correct for everyone and making sure that it is corrected is a community service.

Bravo.

But I have to ask (cause I'm a debating kind of gal <g>), had the price rung up much lower, and you had noticed it, is it still a community service to get the price corrected for everyone?
if it had rung up much lower (the true price was 1.02$) I wouldnt have noticed at all cus I dont check my sales reciepts and it would have been more in line with what I'd figured the price should have been in my head! Gosh, it would have had to be free lol! I would have told them. (more to make the point they have to watch their business better than to save them money) sharet
Old 09-25-2011, 05:41 AM

I always try to check my receipt in the store - always have a problem of some kind. Last week I had 3 coupons for Thomas' products - $5, $5, and $1. Bought 2 bags of bagels at $4.59 and one English muffins at $2.50. Carefully explained to the clerk which coupons should be applied to which items. Still got it wrong, had to go to customer service to straighten it out. Plus she missed two other coupons I had, and forgot to give me cash for using my own bags.

When they really mess up I complain on the website, last time they sent me a $10 gift card for my troubles!!
Old 09-25-2011, 07:56 AM

I so agree. I chose 2 spaghetti squash and it rang up for $11.00. They said that was the right price, I left it! I can use regular spaghetti way cheaper than that!!
Old 09-25-2011, 08:08 AM

what? what the heck was the price per pound?? Maybe correct, I know cherries in a grocery, even on sale are out of my range!

went to the hardware store cus it was local, and didnt want to pay the gas to drive out of town to a box store - needed a 1/2 gal of paint for my sewing rm @ 6 months ago - clerk showed me what I wanted - 66$! I said 66 DOLLARS! just like that, DOLLARS!! It better come with the guy who puts it on my walls!! The clerk looks rather annoyed with me, said it was one coat. (one coat my aunt fannie! it had best be a suit w/ 2 pair of pants for that price!). I said take me to the cheapest paint you sell - got the can for 15$. Had to use 2 coats, but one can did it. sharet
Old 09-25-2011, 09:46 AM

I bought some asian pears which were on sale once. I too looked at my receipt thinking it was high and yes it rang up without sale price so walked back in. Service desk checked out the price - I was right - and then they gave me ALL my money back for that item. Their policy is you get the item(s) free if it rings up wrong.
Old 09-25-2011, 03:23 PM

I like that policy! sharet
Old 09-25-2011, 03:28 PM

I agree that we should all watch what we are getting charged. I don't think anyone is trying to "wrong" us, they just make mistakes as we all do. Since things have gotten tighter, I have also been known to ask for a discount at stores where they are known to happen.