Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   "Weigh In" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/%22weigh-%22-t34791.html)

carolevidak 02-11-2010 09:40 AM

Today was my weigh in day -- Dah Dah -- I lost 2 lbs. Was hoping for more - but this was my first weigh in and it was from Sunday till today. Hopefully next week will be more.

Carole

Mrs. Mel 02-11-2010 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by carolevidak
Today was my weigh in day -- Dah Dah -- I lost 2 lbs. Was hoping for more - but this was my first weigh in and it was from Sunday till today. Hopefully next week will be more.

Carole

Two pounds is great Carole! I started slow too, when it seemed everyone else was losing 4 or more lbs their first week. It's is going in the right direction.

carolevidak 02-11-2010 09:47 AM

Thanks !! I needed that - I am a little disappointed. But I will keep going .

Carole

laparshall 02-11-2010 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by carolevidak
Thanks !! I needed that - I am a little disappointed. But I will keep going .

Carole

Be proud of yourself and try not to make negative statements about your accomplishment. It is 2 pounds more than you would have lost if you were doing nothing, and just wait those 2 pound losses will add up in no time. Try not to be disappointed! That is a great loss. Just keep doing what you are doing. And, by the way, that is equivalent to 8 sticks of butter. WOW! Keep drinking your water.

carolevidak 02-11-2010 10:10 AM

8 sticks of butter???? Oh my goodness - I feel better all ready. 8 sticks of butter - huh!!!!!!!! Thank you so much.
By the way, I was born and raised in the Detroit/Dearborn area of Michigan.

Carole

wvdek 02-11-2010 11:09 AM

Weighed myself because I forgot to yesterday since we had a snow day at school and I wasn't there to use the lab scale, and much to my amazement and delight I am down from 208 to...are you ready? 198.5lbs!!

You just keep that snow coming cuz that is the only thing different I did over teh last 2 weeks. Tromping through the snow to do chores and plowing the long drive with my handy dandy garden tractor and plow.
That has to burn calories somehow.

Lots of great reports here everyone. So good to have the support.

MaryAnn 02-11-2010 11:51 AM

i need to lose 30 pounds before my daughters wedding in Oct. I joined WW but don't like keeping a journal. Am doing the walking tape trying do lose on my own but it is so hard does anyone have any good tips for me I would be sooo happy to hear from anyone that has been succesful losibg weight!!

carolevidak 02-11-2010 12:04 PM

MaryAnn, Welcome to our support group! Join me in my quest to lose 40 lbs by September for my son's wedding.
I just joined myself , and I am doing WW on my own. But I do keep a journal. As for me that is the only way to keep track of what is truly going in your mouth. You would be surprised how much you nible without realizing. My weigh in day is today and I have lost 2lbs - not a lot - but I am on way. This is a great site for support. So please join us.

Carole

trupeach 02-11-2010 12:08 PM

Do non stick pans really work?????????? I only use stainless steel but you need butter/oil to coat them. I am cutting fats out of my diet as much as possible. I thought maybe I should invest in a non stick skillet. Does anyone use them????????

carolevidak 02-11-2010 12:12 PM

I have them and they work fine. I still spray with Pam though

Carole