Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   "Weigh In" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/%22weigh-%22-t34791.html)

carolevidak 03-07-2010 12:42 PM

Sounds really delish - thank you for sharing. I am defintely going to try that one.

Carole

trupeach 03-07-2010 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by thequilteddove
I didn't loose any weight, but I did the eliptical 2x this week, walked the mall for many hours w/gd & took a 1hr walk today... I ate more veggies & more fruit this week as well.

Here's a hearty, healthy recipe for you all to try. If your on WW they are worth 3 points.

6 red potatoes (bake or microwave) then cut into 1/4" slices

In a bowl mix:
1c skim or low fat ricotta
2 eggs
salt, pepper to taste
pinch or so of parsley
pinch of orageno

Other ingredients needed:
9oz spinach (steam until slightly wilted)
1c low fat shredded cheddar cheese
3 slc canadian bacon (quartered)

In a big muffin, muffin pan (lined w/those paper thingies)
In each well, layer potatoe, 2 tbls ricotta mix, bid dab of spinach, piece of canadian bacon, sprinkle shredded cheese. Repeat till muffin cups are full. Sprinkle rest of shredded cheese.

Cook 400 for 40-45 mins or until cheese is crispy brown.

YUMMY, YUMMY, IN MY TUMMY!!!!

This sounds like a meal in itself. I am going to try it minus the bacon for meatless Friday.
thanks for sharing.

quiltylori 03-07-2010 02:31 PM

I just bought the spice cake stuff and am going to make it tomorrow!!! Hope I don't eat the whole cake by myself, lol.

Lneal 03-07-2010 02:34 PM

I like to keep my spice cake in the frig, taste so good that way with cool whip. ENJOY :D

Pats8e8 03-07-2010 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by Lneal
I like to keep my spice cake in the frig, taste so good that way with cool whip. ENJOY :D

I made it up yesterday, it is really good! Thanks for the recipe.

trupeach 03-07-2010 02:54 PM

I wonder if I could use a gingerbread cake mix??????????? That is the only cake mix I have I never really use a mix I do everything from scratch but have the gingerbread for DD. I add grated carrot and raisins to it, top with cream cheese frosting for a quick carrot cake. THAT IS NOT WW!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe I will try it with that and make it into muffins/cupcakes so I can freeze them and take them out when I want one.

carolevidak 03-07-2010 05:27 PM

Now Peach that is a very good idea. I have been waiting to make this. But if I made muffins/cupcakes I could do it now. Thanks for the great idea. You are just full of great ideas.

Carole

trupeach 03-07-2010 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by carolevidak
Now Peach that is a very good idea. I have been waiting to make this. But if I made muffins/cupcakes I could do it now. Thanks for the great idea. You are just full of great ideas.

Carole

What can I say I am just a peach :lol: :lol:

carolevidak 03-07-2010 06:10 PM

That you are my girl!!!

janRN 03-07-2010 07:19 PM

Thanks again for such good suggestions and recipes.

I had a real eye-opener tonight. I made chicken/veggie stir fry for dinner. Healthy right? Put some soy sauce on it and then looked at the bottle: 1 tablespoon has 48%-yes 48% of your daily sodium count!! Holy cow!! I'm not a salt user, just what's in the food but 48% blew me away!! I guess I'll start reading labels BEFORE I eat something.