Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   "Weigh In" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/%22weigh-%22-t34791.html)

trupeach 03-01-2010 11:21 AM

Do you want to know what I think would be fun if we all sent the winner FQ's with food, cake, cupcakes, chocolate. They can't eat it but they can look at it. Then they could make a block for each pound they loss during their diet with the fabric. They could title it FAT QUILT :shock: :shock: :shock: it's just a thought......

quiltincharlotte 03-01-2010 12:22 PM

Hi Lori - good luck to YOU, too!

quiltylori 03-01-2010 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by quiltincharlotte
Hi Lori - good luck to YOU, too!

THANKS!! :thumbup:

sew cornie 03-01-2010 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by trupeach
Do you want to know what I think would be fun if we all sent the winner FQ's with food, cake, cupcakes, chocolate. They can't eat it but they can look at it. Then they could make a block for each pound they loss during their diet with the fabric. They could title it FAT QUILT :shock: :shock: :shock: it's just a thought......

ROTFL!! :lol: :lol:

Naturalmama 03-01-2010 03:12 PM

That would make a memorable quilt! :lol:

I guess I shouldn't be afraid to say this here since we're all in the same boat, but I'm now 180. My scale doesn't show fractions. I'm 5' 8" btw - and I'd LOVE to be about 145. It's been a long time since I've been that low..... I'd be happy with 150, but I figure with 145 then I have room to cheat now & then!

And for anyone who's concerned about the competition, my knees have been so bad lately that I dread moving - I will try to exercise, but I'm not sure how it's going to play out for me right now - I will try though! But I've already been thinking about where I'm gonna buy the fq! :thumbup: :lol:

yourstrulyquilts 03-01-2010 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by Naturalmama
That would make a memorable quilt! :lol:

I guess I shouldn't be afraid to say this here since we're all in the same boat, but I'm now 180. My scale doesn't show fractions. I'm 5' 8" btw - and I'd LOVE to be about 145. It's been a long time since I've been that low..... I'd be happy with 150, but I figure with 145 then I have room to cheat now & then!

And for anyone who's concerned about the competition, my knees have been so bad lately that I dread moving - I will try to exercise, but I'm not sure how it's going to play out for me right now - I will try though! But I've already been thinking about where I'm gonna buy the fq! :thumbup: :lol:

Just cut one out of your stash...........LOL That's what I'll do. :shock:

MaryAnn 03-01-2010 04:19 PM

This week hardly any snow coming maybe I will feel human again!Miss my walks outside, have 30 pounds to lose, it's so nice to know i'm not alone,my girls eat and eat and all five are thin,two of my boys can eat and eat no weight problem,what is wrong with me? Well good luck girls,it's not winning the fq its making us feel better!!!

MaryAnn 03-01-2010 04:27 PM

My doctor told me to lose 15 to 20 pounds before starting to excercise. Just take it slow and don 't try to do more than you can.

Quilt Mom 03-02-2010 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by MaryAnn
My doctor told me to lose 15 to 20 pounds before starting to excercise. Just take it slow and don 't try to do more than you can.

I agree with the doing what you can, but I'd really be up a creek if I could not exercise. Since age 40, I have not been able to lose any weight without the addition of exercise. What happened?? :lol: Guess I just need to get moving!

We are on the right track! Three cheers for all of us making the effort to be more healthy!! :thumbup:

sewred 03-02-2010 07:40 AM

I think that's a great idea on the fat quilt and fat quarters!